Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

manual_man wrote: »
    Everyone triple up on West Brom defenders :eek:

:D

Just after seeing the Pulis news AFTER I transferred Wisdom out for Hutton :(

Can always get him back in again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

this changes everything ! may keep wisdom now or more likely get foster in when I wildcard. maybe both!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    Those extra funds would go better towards funding the likes of Aguero, Sturridge or Di Maria upon their fitness. I'd really like a goalkeeper combo totalling 9.2 but amn't massively fond of doubling up teams with my defenders either. It will be a difficult balance to achieve. Injuries to more expensive defenders might help facilitate it.

Green/Fabianski is a decent 9.7 combo if you have Newc, Villa, Sunderland and WBA defenders and would leave enough for 5 premium forward options and 2 cheaper like Austin and Siggy. Something like:

Green Fabianski
    Terry Dummett Wisdom PVA Hutton

• Registered Users Posts: 33,018 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green/Fabianski is a decent 9.7 combo if you have Newc, Villa, Sunderland and WBA defenders and would leave enough for 5 premium forward options and 2 cheaper like Austin and Siggy. Something like:

Green Fabianski
    Terry Dummett Wisdom PVA Hutton
    QPR's home fixtures couldn't be less appealing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Filling my boots with lots of cover worked out reasonably well over the xmas period, bar one week where i chose the wrong option. But I managed to field a full team each GW. I got burned badly in previous seasons.

Sooo...

Who to drop this week.

Hazard - Sanchez - Sterling - Downing - Silva

Austin - Benteke - Jovetic

I can't see past a single Benteke goal (if he even manages that much, he did score against Palace away which is giving me doubts),ignoring team value and focusing on form, he sees the obvious choice.

Thoughts?

My decision could be made for me depending on who does or doesn't start. I think Silva is the most likely to be possibly rested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Only 2 teams have more CS's that West Brom already this season. I'd be worried that Pulis has to make them attack and that could leave them even more vulnerable
    http://www.footballnewsguru.com/2014/09/epl-stats--top-scorers-assists-clean-sheets.html

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Oh sweet jesus, Tony is in! Now Downing has to be considered for the bench.
    Only 2 teams have more CS's that West Brom already this season. I'd be worried that Pulis has to make them attack and that could leave them even more vulnerable
    http://www.footballnewsguru.com/2014...an-sheets.html

Surely a point away to West Ham (in their current form) has to be seen as a good result, he won't want to lose his first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tony's not going to look at those stats and say we need to concede more goals lads :)

Unless he is putting on a Brazilian accent in his first press conference, I wouldn't worry about him going all out attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I hope it is not going to be ManUtd 2.0 of this season when it comes to easy fixtures;)

I doubt new manager will have any impact in 2 weeks tbh.Unless he drops 2 or 3 regular players that we brought in to accumulate all these clean sheets:D
    Their team could end up as a boat drifting across ocean for next 2 games

I will wait and see. And I will not, I repeat I will not double up on Sunderland or West Brom defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Crystal Palace have only scored 3 goals in their last 7 matches. They also haven't scored in their last 3 away games. I'm going to bring in Guzan. Just waiting for this to backfire :pac:

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Crystal Palace have only scored 3 goals in their last 7 matches. They also haven't scored in their last 3 away games. I'm going to bring in Guzan. Just waiting for this to backfire :pac:

Did the same transfer today. Looks ok on paper.

We will see soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus, Tony is in! Now Downing has to be considered for the bench.

Surely a point away to West Ham (in their current form) has to be seen as a good result, he won't want to lose his first game.

Pulis will only be in the stand tomorrow. He won't have taken up the position yet.

Hopefully Wisdom keeps his place. West Brom have alternatives for his position and Pulis may prefer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hopefully Wisdom keeps his place. West Brom have alternatives for his position and Pulis may prefer them.

This exactly. People are forgetting that there is no guarantee that existing regular starters will keep their place under a new manager. Yet another reason for holding back on that wildcard...

I'll definitely be having a WBA defender, but as I didn't have wisdom (in more ways that one) so far he'll cost me 4.4, Dawson is 4.5, even Lescott is only 4.9 so who that defender will be remains to be seen. Let's hope he falls on love with Chris Baird at 3.9m!!

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Two changes rumoured for Liverpool tomorrow - Gerrard in for Manquillo (so Henderson at wing-back) and Touré in for Skrtel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Hendo there is interesting IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

dahat wrote: »
    Hendo there is interesting IMO.

Absolutely, he's a real option for the wildcard for me. Cheaper than Downing, guaranteed 90 mins per week, and while Downing's probably over-achieved this season so far, Hendo's in a team which (hopefully) is on the way up, yet he still has 75 points already. Could see him getting 90+ points between now and May, maybe matching Siggy during that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Absolutely, he's a real option for the wildcard for me. Cheaper than Downing, guaranteed 90 mins per week, and while Downing's probably over-achieved this season so far, Hendo's in a team which (hopefully) is on the way up, yet he still has 75 points already. Could see him getting 90+ points between now and May, maybe matching Siggy during that period.

He assisted from that sort of area last game even though he started I'm a two man cm role. Just a pity he will lose set pieces with Slippy G back.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So is today the start of the annual Adam-Johnson-4-goals-in-4-games run?
    3-in-4. Should listen to my own advice :rolleyes:

Need some general advice lads:

The leader of my pay league, a mate, had 35 points this week. He has 26 points sitting on his bench in the form of Kane and Bertrand.

However, two of his starting team scored 0 points!

I'm just wondering....

Should I text him tomorrow morning or would it be better to text him next weekend just as he has gotten over it?

:):);)

The leader of my pay league, a mate, had 35 points this week. He has 26 points sitting on his bench in the form of Kane and Bertrand.

I'm just wondering....

Should I text him tomorrow morning or would it be better to text him next weekend just as he has gotten over it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

More of a casual player myself so this might seem like a stupid question!

How does player value work? If I buy a player for 5.0 and a few weeks later if his price has risen to 5.5....it seems I will still only get 5.0 for him if I sell the player. Why dont I get his current value?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

How does player value work? If I buy a player for 5.0 and a few weeks later if his price has risen to 5.5....it seems I will still only get 5.0 for him if I sell the player. Why dont I get his current value?

Put very simply you get half the rise rounded down, inyour case you should be able to sell for 5.2, if he rises once more you will get 5.3, if he falls once you'll still get 5.2

IF you sell, you get half the rise, rounded down. So in your example, half the rise (.25) rounded down to .2 should give you a resale of 5.2

If you go to the transfrs page, then click data view on top of your team, there is a "SP" column that shows how much you'll get for him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Top of the boards league for the first time ever!!! Anyone using wildcard this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lads I know Giroud wasn't registered to play in the group stage of the CL, is it the same now for the knockout stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

manual_man wrote: »
    Lads I know Giroud wasn't registered to play in the group stage of the CL, is it the same now for the knockout stages?

Checked the champions league regulations for this one :P

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register amaximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in thecurrent competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013(24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »

I'm just wondering....

I'd wrap my brand new vokey wedge around your neck if you did it next weekend..... so maybe safer to do it now ;)

Checked the champions league regulations for this one :P

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register amaximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in thecurrent competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013(24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

Are you going to send it to London fao Arsene Wenger, or are we keeping it to ourselves and transfer Giroud in when CL games start:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Defoe signing for Leicester. Will probably interest nobody

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8-10 wrote: »
    Defoe signing for Leicester. Will probably interest nobody

predicted price? 6.5 maybe??? might interest me in ultimate fpl

Advertisement