Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

He's bluffing...

I'd say he is too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Valdes signs for utd. Back up to DDG but can see him getting the occasional game at least which would be bad news for ddg/4.0 keeper combo's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kane/Sterling/Benteke/Siggy

Which one to bench? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

manual_man wrote: »
    Kane/Sterling/Benteke/Siggy

Which one to bench? :D

BenTekkers, absolutely no form and Villa are the worst offensive team in the league (comfortably, 11 goals scored overall this season, only 4 away from home)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KevIRL wrote: »
    Valdes signs for utd. Back up to DDG but can see him getting the occasional game at least which would be bad news for ddg/4.0 keeper combo's

Yeh DDG/4m completely out the window for any that planned it imo. I doubt Valdes has thought do you know where would be nice to sit on the bench for 18 months yeh Manchester thats a nice spot great weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

KevIRL wrote: »

He should have signed for Liverpool.. Guaranteed game every week!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Any one else tempted to bench a big hitter for boyd.

Currently tempted to bench Silva and play -

Sanchez Hazard Eriksen Boyd
    Kane Costa Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Any one here tempted to bench a big hitter for boyd.

Kane Costa Austin

nope. I'd bench Austin and Kane before Silva

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

8-10 wrote: »
    nope. I'd bench Austin and Kane before Silva

I benched kane last week for boyd,that went well, I think it will be boyd this week, less likely to get a big score even though he is getting steady points, front 8 silva, di maria, hazard, boyd , sanchez, Austin, Costa and kane

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

8-10 wrote: »
    BenTekkers, absolutely no form and Villa are the worst offensive team in the league (comfortably, 11 goals scored overall this season, only 4 away from home)

Benching Siggy. No Bony to feed, and Ki, Montero, and Shelvey all unavailable, i'm thinking Swansea will struggle to create. Villa struggling for goals, but Tekkers scored in the FA Cup game just gone and well, they're playing Leicester... Also, Westwood, Villa's most creative mid, is back, so should provide Tekkers with a bit better service

hopin' the Beast'll go out with a Bang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh DDG/4m completely out the window for any that planned it imo. I doubt Valdes has thought do you know where would be nice to sit on the bench for 18 months yeh Manchester thats a nice spot great weather.

well if they offered him 50k a week or whatever i'd say he'd be happy enough, they gave him a chance to get back to full fitness as well. he'd probably get more as no2 at untied then most clubs would pay him as number1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't be worried about valdes getting a game until utd are qualified or not for top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Any one else tempted to bench a big hitter for boyd.

Kane Costa Austin

Strongly considering benching Downing for Boyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kane out for Boyd was my thinking, surely the guy deserves a start?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    well if they offered him 50k a week or whatever i'd say he'd be happy enough, they gave him a chance to get back to full fitness as well. he'd probably get more as no2 at untied then most clubs would pay him as number1.

Doubt he needs the money I guess some people just want more anyway! No one knows for sure and it adds an element of doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

jimmii wrote: »
    Doubt he needs the money I guess some people just want more anyway! No one knows for sure and it adds an element of doubt.

Doubt Shay Given needs money either but he's happy to sit on Villa's bench for last few years instead of going to a championship club and playing weekly for half the wage.

Doubt Shay Given needs money either but he's happy to sit on Villa's bench for last few years instead of going to a championship club and playing weekly for half the wage.

Yeah some people are happy to do that some aren't. Even if he has gone there just to sit in the bench he is good enough for LVG to throw him in the odd time so as I say it adds an element of doubt which wasn't there before. I doubt he will see much action and we'll probably see him just get cup games but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Given not a coach at Villa now? Last season he went out on loan to Boro I'd add too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Given not a coach at Villa now? Last season he went out on loan to Boro I'd add too.

He was an temporary assistant to Lambert last season. He's been on the bench for every pl game this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He was an temporary assistant to Lambert last season. He's been on the bench for every pl game this season.
    Steer is the 1 out on loan, at Yeovil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

De Gea is a goalkeeper. He has saved United countless times this season. There is absolutely no chance, and I mean zero, that Valdes gets a game in the PL ahead of him. The only way he'll get a look in is if United have no chance in winning the league, and have 3rd place wrapped up too, meaning no CL qualification.

SantryRed wrote: »
    De Gea is a goalkeeper. He has saved United countless times this season. There is absolutely no chance, and I mean zero, that Valdes gets a game in the PL ahead of him. The only way he'll get a look in is if United have no chance in winning the league, and have 3rd place wrapped up too, meaning no CL qualification.

Certainly it is highly unlikely but the chance of it happening is certainly >0. DDG has been amazing this season but the fact is no one other than LVG knows how he intends to use Valdes.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

SantryRed wrote: »

Absolutely ! Uniteds defence is in enough turmoil!
    Fa cup game possibly and then league cup and odd champ league game next year

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I expect the De Gea to Madrid rumours to heat up in this window.

CSF wrote: »
    I expect the De Gea to Madrid rumours to heat up in this window.

Already in full swing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Strongly considering benching Downing for Boyd.

I am definitely benching Downing for Boyd...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I thought he was acting as reserve 'keeper and as a coach. This article from August 30 lists him as a coach still:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/shay-given-returns-to-republic-of-ireland-squad-1.1913212

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Have a defensive conundrum this weekend.

Who would you play this weekend out of...

O'Shea (home to LIV)
    Bertrand (away to UTD)
    Taylor (home to WHU)

Have Terry and Hutton and they are certs I think so need to pick either 1 or 2 of the above. Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have a defensive conundrum this weekend.

Who would you play this weekend out of...

O'Shea (home to LIV)
    Bertrand (away to UTD)
    Taylor (home to WHU)

Have Terry and Hutton and they are certs I think so need to pick either 1 or 2 of the above. Any help appreciated!

Bertrand, cs not likely, attacking points possible.
    Taylor, cs probably unlikely but not out of the question.
    O Shea, no cs or attacking points likely.

Close between Taylor and Bertrand, I'd toss a coin or else go with the home player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hutton or Wisdom or Naylor?

Also screw it, i'm starting super Georgie Boyd ahead of Downing

Advertisement