Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Siggy is the fourth highest scoring midfielder in FPL. He is a bargain at the price he is.
    Season keeper for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

They may have a number of home games, but his next 6 aren't exactly easy games. They play 3 of the top 4, as well as West Brom away who, if previous Pulis teams are anything to go by, won't let in too many.

Also, Lucas Hood's point is potentially very true, and I do wonder how Swansea will do without a number of key players.

They lashed in 6 the weekend! West Ham & Southampton are not a Top 6 team, the ass has fallen out of them.

Their next four fixtures are
    West ham (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Soton (A)
    Sunderland (H)

They look favourable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

the ass has fallen out of Southampton who comfortably beat Arsenal last week ?

okie dokie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Rikand wrote: »

okie dokie

When Southampton are through their little fixture horror show i'll be back on board with 2 or maybe 3 for sure. Definitely undervalued this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

okie dokie

Agreed.

I think it is a race between Spurs and Southampton for 4th place if not 3rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chesty08 wrote: »
    They lashed in 6 the weekend! West Ham & Southampton are not a Top 6 team, the ass has fallen out of them.

Their next four fixtures are
    West ham (H)
    Chelsea (H)
    Soton (A)
    Sunderland (H)

They look favourable to me.

Against tranmere! Feel free to use that game as an indicator of form if you want, but I won't be! :)

Edit: btw, Siggy out for ADM is a transfer that literally just popped into my head today! There's a good chance I won't do it!

okie dokie

Fair point. Maybe I was a bit OTT. But the point stands for West Ham.
    iba wrote: »
    Agreed.

I think it is a race between Spurs and Southampton for 4th place if not 3rd.

Not having that! No Arsenal or Utd the Top 4!

Fair point. Maybe I was a bit OTT. But the point stands for West Ham.

Not having that! No Arsenal or Utd the Top 4!

1st Utd
    2nd City
    3rd Chelsea
    4th Southampton

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ki is off to the Africa Cup

He's gonna get some shock when he arrives looking for his South Korean teammates!

8-10 wrote: »
    He's gonna get some shock when he arrives looking for his South Korean teammates!

I guess the likes of Australia, Iran, Iraq, Japan etc will be happy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    His miss against Arsenal was fairly similar.

That's the one I was thinking of. Looks very much like a deliberate tactic.

8-10 wrote: »

HaHa I even noted that Bony was off to the AFCON!

First day back in the office! All over the shop but knew what I meant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

okie dokie
    So their "horror run" pretty much ends this week, is anyone planning on loading up with a Southampton player again? As people said, serious value, but I don't see many players in Wildcard teams.

For me there's 3 attacking options worth considering (Pelle, Mane, Tadic). In midfield, there's too many top quality midfielders, and Mane/Tadic are too expensive as a rotator or bench fodder. So the only option is to take one of them in the Siggy role. Are they better than Siggy?

That just leaves Pelle, who has 2 goals a 2 assists in the last 12. Not great but if he went on a run he might be a handy upgrade of Austin (as opposed to upgrading all the way up to the premium strikers or Benteke/Bony/Giroud).

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So their "horror run" pretty much ends this week, is anyone planning on loading up with a Southampton player again? As people said, serious value, but I don't see many players in Wildcard teams.

For me there's 3 attacking options worth considering (Pelle, Mane, Tadic). In midfield, there's too many top quality midfielders, and Mane/Tadic are too expensive as a rotator or bench fodder. So the only option is to take one of them in the Siggy role. Are they better than Siggy?

That just leaves Pelle, who has 2 goals a 2 assists in the last 12. Not great but if he went on a run he might be a handy upgrade of Austin (as opposed to upgrading all the way up to the premium strikers or Benteke/Bony/Giroud).

Any thoughts?

I'll more than likely be going Pelle/Aguero/Kane. Already have Alder in defense. May change to Berty or Clyne when wc'ing, funds allowing

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Tadic actually that good - if you take out the freak 8-0 game where he got a goal and 4 assists, he hasn't actually done that much to make him worth considering imo. Mane on the other hand is far more consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any thoughts?

Defence ::

I've kept berty in my team throughout their " horror run " and I'm pretty sure he's staying in my team for the rest of the season.

As Manual has said, Alder is a good option and the cheapest way into their defence, but for attacking returns, it's going to be Berty for me all the way from here. Plays in midfield sometimes as well so a good chance for the assists.

Midfielders ::

Midfielders, are they better than siggy ? No.

Tadic maybe could fit it.... but Mane is so incredibly wasteful in front of goal, with his passing, with every aspect of his play, he'd be a nightmare to have in your team. Watch more than 1 or 2 games where he's playing and you'd be tearing your hair out. I watched a couple of games and I didnt have him in my team and I was tearing whats left of my hair out mostly because I had Pelle and I wanted him to pass to Pelle, or just, NOT LOSE THE BALL! ;)

Forwards ::

Up front, I think Pelle will become a genuine option again. I'm certainly keeping him in my thoughts for when I wildcard. He has great movement in front of goal and gets himself in to great positions. I'll have to see if I can afford him because Aguero will definitely be in, but I think he can punish the weaker teams when they come around again.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Cant decide on this weekend - Eriksen v Palace (away) or Sterling v Sunderland (away also). Don't have anyone else from either Spurs or Pool...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Dice75 wrote: »
    Cant decide on this weekend - Eriksen v Palace (away) or Sterling v Sunderland (away also). Don't have anyone else from either Spurs or Pool...

I'd find it very hard to choose Eriksen over Sterling for these fixtures really.

Sterling had the FA Cup match off tonight, whereas Eriksen didn't. Going by that alone it should be Sterling.

I can see Spurs drawing a blank away to Palace this weekend actually.

Not sure if it was pointed out in regards Mane,

Soton have said that he will be out for several weeks with calf injury, Senegal have still included him in AFCON squad. Either way he won't be about for a few weeks and certainly hasn't justified enough to go straight in any FPL squad on his return

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Not sure if it was pointed out in regards Mane,

Soton have said that he will be out for several weeks with calf injury, Senegal have still included him in AFCON squad. Either way he won't be about for a few weeks and certainly hasn't justified enough to go straight in any FPL squad on his return

I'm not so sure about the last bit to be honest, he's been wasteful certainly but he's in red hot form lately and his goals scored per minute is up there with Sanchez and well ahead of Hazard, I actually think he could be a big FPL player, much more so than Tadic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm not so sure about the last bit to be honest, he's been wasteful certainly but he's in red hot form lately and his goals scored per minute is up there with Sanchez and well ahead of Hazard, I actually think he could be a big FPL player, much more so than Tadic.

He looked beyond useless until he hit a little red streak in the past three games.

SantryRed wrote: »
    He looked beyond useless until he hit a little red streak in the past three games.

As an FPL prospect I've admired him from day 1, as I said he has been wasteful more than once but his ability to take up scoring positions is up there with practically any mid in the league, he's on the end of things far more than Tadic, I honestly think Mane could be a big FPL player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

B6qZ_YTCcAA1BJQ.png

I've had all three hat tricks in my team with Austin captained for his. It also shows how crap Lukaku's been that 60% shots on target leads to just 6 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

According to Sky Sports News Man City are in advanced talks to sign Wilfried Bony.

That's a transfer that affects FPL yet not sure quite how much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'd imagine he'd be second cheese at City behind Kun. The Dzeko role, if you will. I'll still be getting Aguero with my WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

According to Sky Sports News Man City are in advanced talks to sign Wilfried Bony.

That's a transfer that affects FPL yet not sure quite how much.
    Aguero is the worry even though in theory he should be rock solid. Be nice and loan him back to Swansea for the rest of the year.

Demba Ba and Loic Remy all over again, there's been one every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd imagine he'd be second cheese at City behind Kun. The Dzeko role, if you will. I'll still be getting Aguero with my WC.

I'd say he'd be backup to Kun. I couldn't see them working as a pairing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,084 ✭✭✭✭CSF

manual_man wrote: »
    My worry is this could turn Aguero into a 65 minute man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

manual_man wrote: »

I'd say Aguero will start in the three behind Bony. Tweets now saying 30 mil is agreed fee.

Advertisement