Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have many heavy metal fans on After Hours?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No, not at all.
    Get that into yeh \m/

I'd say their live shows are magical.

Seriously, how the hell does does someone make that noise with their throat? Apart from when they're having a throat fisting abortion obviously. It can't be good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Big fan. Looking forward to youtubing some suggestions on here that I haven't listened to before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Yeah you can't tar an entire following because of the actions of one or two of its members. If that was the case I'd probably consider the non-metal-following population of Ireland all sorts of horrible things based on some people calling me a 'smelly rocker' or a 'disgusting goth' a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

No, not at all.
    Links234 wrote: »
    You only need a couple to ruin things for the rest. Seriously though, what a complete dickhead. :mad: Who cares what someone else listens to that you don't like?

There were quite a few like that unfortunately. In fairness we were only 15/16-ish at the time so it could have something to do with immaturity/self consciousness as opposed to him being a "pure brutal metal legend". :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I like some metal, but it's not what I mostly listen to.
    LOL^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sounds like some fella belching into a big metal bucket:D
    I've heard worse... Cock & Ball Torture (Yes that's actually a band name!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No, not at all.
    Actually, is Tool metal? Love them :D

There were quite a few like that unfortunately. In fairness we were only 15/16-ish at the time so it could have something to do with immaturity/self consciousness as opposed to him being a "pure brutal metal legend". :p

You're probably well right, a good dose of insecurity there I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Sounds like something you'd see on efukt!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Actually, is Tool metal? Love them :D

Tool are anything they want to be

Though I would classify them as metal

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Actually, is Tool metal? Love them biggrin.png

Sorta, yeah ;)
    Sounds like something you'd see on efukt!

I'm not responsible if you actually listen to 'em

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Sorta, yeah ;)

I'm not responsible if you actually listen to 'em

Just watched em on youtube.......i think this is apropiate.....:eek::eek:!!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

The slower, heavier and downtuned the better... mournful congregation, Corrupted, Blut Aus Nord etc etc.

Also, just been listening to a bit of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Not exactly the heaviest but an ex introduced me to The Dillinger Escape Plan and Coheed And Cambria and I love them.

Also ashamed to say I originally noticed Avenged Sevenfold because I thought Synyster Gates was hawt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

No, not at all.
    just for you Links:

P_1 wrote: »
    Yeah you can't tar an entire following because of the actions of one or two of its members. If that was the case I'd probably consider the non-metal-following population of Ireland all sorts of horrible things based on some people calling me a 'smelly rocker' or a 'disgusting goth' a few years back.

oh don't get me wrong - best concerts and nicest people iv met at concerts were all at metal concerts. I was at Swedish House Mafia and Oxegen and JAYSUS- give me a metal concert/festival any day..

What I meant was the people going "Awh- THAT isn't REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL metal" and all that pretentious sh!te- why I don't bother posting much in the metal forum here tbh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

No, not at all.
    Fook no!

1D 4lyf! Xx

No, not at all.
    Ninjini wrote: »
    Also ashamed to say I originally noticed Avenged Sevenfold because I thought Synyster Gates was hawt

kudos for getting his spelling right :D

He is one attractive male specimen in your defence

Them doing the 28 Days Later theme:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

These guys have some pretty good song names

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCC56DEBFA716A014

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

How about this?

wprathead wrote: »
    just for you Links:

Thanks ;)
    wprathead wrote: »
    What I meant was the people going "Awh- THAT isn't REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL metal" and all that pretentious sh!te- why I don't bother posting much in the metal forum here tbh..

Double thanks! I absolutely despise that kinda twaddle! Metal's a vast genre, there's loads of different styles, someone moans "It's not TRUE metal"? Gimmie a break. :rolleyes: (and yeah, that kinda attitude deserves a rolleyes smiley!) Hey, I like a bit of melody, sometimes keyboards, clean singing. That doesn't make it any less metal.

I will say that in defense of the rock & metal forum here, it's relatively free of that kinda attitude, and the regular posters are pretty cool ;) I post all sorts of stuff and nobody says anything like the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

No, not at all.
    Best gig of my life was Rammstein. I doubt I'll ever feel the raw energy of a band affect me like that ever again.
    At the moment, I'm more into nu-metal (I know, I know.) but I've recently discovered A Perfect Circle so my metal buzz is winding down a bit as of late. Having said that, I have the odd King Diamond track on my playlist...

• Advertisement

Oh, and here's something in return wprathead ;) One of my favourite bands ever, the vocalist Asagi is easily one of my favourites too, he's incredible :D

Enjoy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Used to be a big fan of it until I discovered punk/80s hardcore,I still go through a phase at least once a year were I'll listen to megadeth,anthrax and a few other old thrash bands for a while.

St4life :D

No, not at all.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    Best gig of my life was Rammstein. I doubt I'll ever feel the raw energy of a band affect me like that ever again.
    At the moment, I'm more into nu-metal (I know, I know.) but I've recently discovered A Perfect Circle so my metal buzz is winding down a bit as of late. Having said that, I have the odd King Diamond track on my playlist...

Nu-metal is the best metal.

Nu-metal is the best metal.

I wouldn't say that, but I've always got a soft spot for Korn ;)

No, not at all.
    I wouldn't say that, but I've always got a soft spot for Korn ;)

Just trying to stir some shít, Links :pac:

The hate it gets is unbelievable.

No, not at all.
    Oh, and here's something in return wprathead ;) One of my favourite bands ever, the vocalist Asagi is easily one of my favourites too, he's incredible :D

Enjoy! ;)

Nice. My gawd, can't remember last time I heard a bass solo at 0.30 :D

I will say that in defense of the rock & metal forum here, it's relatively free of that kinda attitude, and the regular posters are pretty cool ;) I post all sorts of stuff and nobody says anything like the above.

Maybe, I had bad experiences with them years ago with a different account and havn't tended to go back.. Maybe they have "chilled out" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, not at all.
    A bit of Chuck anyone??

Just trying to stir some shít, Links :pac:

The hate it gets is unbelievable.

I figured that alright ;)

I remember when I was younger, I actually sold off a couple of Korn CDs because I was embarrassed about liking them, only to buy them again a couple of years later when I thought **** 'em I'm listening to what I like.

No, not at all.
    I figured that alright ;)

I remember when I was younger, I actually sold off a couple of Korn CDs because I was embarrassed about liking them, only to buy them again a couple of years later when I thought **** 'em I'm listening to what I like.

I reckon all those "pure metal" people are really just closet Linkin Park fans :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No, not at all.
    If ya want cheesy Nu-Metal can't beat this:

Also, the Documentary "Anvil" is well worth watching

Advertisement