Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do we have many heavy metal fans on After Hours?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I like some metal, but it's not what I mostly listen to.
    P_1 wrote: »
    Feck me this looks class!!

http://70000tons.com/

Nice lineup too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Sadly no, all of our fans are dyson air magnifiers. No heavy metal parts at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

No, not at all.

Strangely, Mad Capsule Markets are a band I never got into :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

No, not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Love a bit of metal.

Metallica/Pantera/Death/Morbid Angel being amongst the favourites. Along with newer stuff like Korn/Deftones etc

Right now, Ministry and Death are getting a good play :)

Serious question, why on earth do we not have more people posting on the Rock & Metal Forum if we have this many fans on boards? Are people unaware of it in general? Or do they just prefer sticking to AH? Or is it something else? I'd actually be really curious interested to know. There's currently a forum feedback thread over there.

I'm actually surprised at the turnout of this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Links234 wrote: »
    Serious question, why on earth do we not have more people posting on the Rock & Metal Forum if we have this many fans on boards? Are people unaware of it in general? Or do they just prefer sticking to AH? Or is it something else? I'd actually be really curious interested to know. There's currently a forum feedback thread over there.

People just seem to stick to AH as far as I see, that's where the crowd tends to be just checking in with whatever is happening here.

Take the political threads for example, always loads of them in AH, always a lot of replies, everyone has an opinion and there was always lots of discussion and arguments. They shipped them all out to the Politcs Cafe and not many people followed.

As far as I see people in general online don't want to discuss anything but more so just want to give their opinion whatever is being talked about. AH is the spot for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No, not at all.

Fùckin' hell, that's a blast from the past. That used to be played relentlessly on Kerrang!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I guess the type of music you like might not necessarily define who you are hence no need for discussion? I guess it's like lay Catholics not becoming priests.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I guess the type of music you like might not necessarily define who you are hence no need for discussion? I guess it's like lay Catholics not becoming priests.

Discussing something you like isn't the same thing as that thing defining you.

Discussing something you like isn't the same thing as that thing defining you.
    But you can see how liking a particular type of music doesn't necessarily mean you feel the need to discuss it? As in my analogy, most cyclists, Game of Thrones watchers, even residents of whatever locations probably don't visit those related forums either.

But lots of people are posting about it in this thread

But lots of people are posting about it in this thread
    Yeah, but they're responding to a specific question. "Do we have many heavy metal fans on After Hours?" I think they are answering this, but most obviously have no need to discuss their taste in music. I don't know if I'd describe myself as a music nut, but I do listen to a lot of metal/industrial/goth/alternative web radio and youtube, certainly hours a day. I've posted a few times in the metal forum but I don't really hang out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, not at all.
    THIS!!!!
    Ye can close thread now:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Hell yes I like metal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

I was at this very gig! I had forgotten how awesome it was until I found this video cropping up on my news feed on Facebook.

I'm also in love with this band at the moment.

Shreddy Eddie always does it for me, however.

Plus, I love me a bit of Rammstein every now and then.

Metal is class! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Bit of Sabbath and Maiden is the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

No, not at all.
    Listening to alot of Avenged Sevenfold and slipknot at the moment.people might disagree with me on this but my care is zero but Linkin Park are my all time favourite nu-metal band.Chester has to be the loudest man in rock absolutely love him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Some Deathspell Omega back when they had some punk influences in their music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Momma said knock you out

I'm gonna knock you out.

Put out the bins, Podge and wash behind your ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Bit of Sabbath and Maiden is the job.

cheering meself up in work by listening to some maiden, not listened to 'em in ages

Dat bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

No, not at all.
    Bambi wrote: »
    cheering meself up in work by listening to some maiden, not listened to 'em in ages

Dat bass.

Love a bitta bass meself <3

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Nothing like listening to a bit of Cannibal Corpse on the way from/to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No, not at all.
    Big rock fan from back in the day, used to practically live in Fibbers and Bruxelles for about 10 years. I'm more old school rock than metal but I am a fan of Metallica, Rammstein and Slipknot. Still listen to my Disturbed, System of a Down and Drowning Pool albums a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No, not at all.
    MetalDog wrote: »
    Nothing like listening to a bit of Cannibal Corpse on the way from/to work.

Bought their first album When it came out 'Eaten back to Life', had the T-Shirt too.
    I think the cover of the album got banned after not long being out.
    So if you hadn't bought it when it came out first you got a black cover.

Advertisement