Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

With three 0 points and a -2 in my team its worth my while changing things so with mata,sterling,siggy and pieters. Screw that rule anyway . defeats the whole point of a VC

yeah it's a bit harsh - not sure if you should stick or twist!

who were your duds today?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah it's a bit harsh - not sure if you should stick or twist!

who were your duds today?
    Lamela, Williamson, van Aanholt and adebayor did the damage. ill get rid id say , captain sterling or mata

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

8th overall! Well done Kev! Up 800 places to inside the top 300 myself. Chuffed with that

Silva was my captain!! Tadic got 26pts

Cheers MM, well stoked with that placing, have a few more to come too, but considering all the capt changes to come will be interesting to see how it looks on Monday night

With three 0 points and a -2 in my team its worth my while changing things so with mata,sterling,siggy and pieters. Screw that rule anyway . defeats the whole point of a VC

Rule makes perfect sense to be honest. If you make any managerial interventions mid gameweek then none of the auto changes occur.

However it has highlighted a couple of learning points for me this GW.
    - Never captain someone who has a doubt hanging over him in Ultimate
    - I never have bothered with the order of the subs in ultimate, but must start doing so. Would always assume I'd want to make manual changes but there can be times when autosubs due to the need for VC to get promoted would be needed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

81, with a -4 to bring in Sigurdsson, Sterling, Di María and Falcao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

KevIRL wrote: »
    Rule makes perfect sense to be honest. If you make any managerial interventions mid gameweek then none of the auto changes occur.

However it has highlighted a couple of learning points for me this GW.
    - Never captain someone who has a doubt hanging over him in Ultimate
    - I never have bothered with the order of the subs in ultimate, but must start doing so. Would always assume I'd want to make manual changes but there can be times when autosubs due to the need for VC to get promoted would be needed
    i'd taught i'd it pretty well figured out after the beta but still a few little things to learn. Some weeks it wouldnt be a problem since you're strongest team might all play in md1 but I had loaded up on a few players who were likely to score badly since i had other players playing in md2&3 .

If you didnt captain Costa everytime he was doutbful it would have cost you a lot of points so not too upset about loosing out, Had him as captain as well in the regular FF , Pelle VC so you cant win them all

Sterling or Lallana for captain?

Sterling or Lallana for captain?

Sterling, its not even close really

Sterling, its not even close really

Lallana has played well in the last 2 games. And is a MASSIVE differential(1.8%). I'm wary tho Sterling(63.8%) could be stung by all the bs from England duty and be out to prove a point. That QPR back line is lacking in pace too. Have it on Sterling for now...

Lallana has played well in the last 2 games. And is a MASSIVE differential(1.8%). I'm wary tho Sterling(63.8%) could be stung by all the bs from England duty and be out to prove a point. That QPR back line is lacking in pace too. Have it on Sterling for now...

You are overthinking it a bit imo. Sterling is the obvious choice for a reason. Although personally I would have left it for the autochanges to happen in your situation as you need the manual changes to get a minimum of 36 points for it to be worthwhile.

Remember even having Sterling as (c) is something of a differential as a lot of people will be leaving capt on Aguero and others

• Advertisement

You are overthinking it a bit imo. Sterling is the obvious choice for a reason. Although personally I would have left it for the autochanges to happen in your situation as you need the manual changes to get a minimum of 36 points for it to be worthwhile.

Remember even having Sterling as (c) is something of a differential as a lot of people will be leaving capt on Aguero and others

you're mistaking me Kev haha. Silva was my captain yesterday. So am always going to change it to one of the Liverpool lads. And again to ADM if needs be tomorrow

you're mistaking me Kev haha. Silva was my captain yesterday. So am always going to change it to one of the Liverpool lads. And again to ADM if needs be tomorrow

Ah sorry, I thought you had it Costa.

Carry on so!

Pi$$ poor today really. 92 overnight but dropped 4 points after subs. Up to 99 now after Caulker, Taylor, Siggy and Sturridge playing. Will sub out Siggy for ADM and lose another 2. Hopefully ADM can get at least 3 so I get the ton up

Pi$$ poor today really. 92 overnight but dropped 4 points after subs. Up to 99 now after Caulker, Taylor, Siggy and Sturridge playing. Will sub out Siggy for ADM and lose another 2. Hopefully ADM can get at least 3 so I get the ton up

i presume u mean sterling! i reckon you'll make the tonne. am on 108 - 105 after i sub out Lallana for ADM. happy with that. will more than likely keep the armband on Sterling (7x2)

i presume u mean sterling! i reckon you'll make the tonne. am on 108 - 105 after i sub out Lallana for ADM. happy with that. will more than likely keep the armband on Sterling (7x2)

Sorry, yep Sterling. 7 would be my treshold for keeping the capt as well. Especially this early in the season, its the safer boring approach but the risks can wait till later.

Sorry, yep Sterling. 7 would be my treshold for keeping the capt as well. Especially this early in the season, its the safer boring approach but the risks can wait till later.

thats it. ADM is still quite low ownership, just having him will be good if he scores well tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Forgot to change captain! D'oh!

Will have to be one of the United lads tomorrow then

Down to 10th overall :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Down to 10th overall :(

You've a decent chance with the squad you picked. My squad on the other hand is pretty crap, I'm happy/surprised I'm still be just outside the top 1000. Might do some loan moves for the craic to keep things interesting :)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You've a decent chance with the squad you picked. My squad on the other hand is pretty crap, I'm happy/surprised I'm still be just outside the top 1000. Might do some loan moves for the craic to keep things interesting :)

Still plenty of time for things to change. Regarding my squad, I'm happy enough with it, although the lack of Soton attackers and Baines in defence is worrying. Have to keep on making the correct capt and fringe players decisions (Boyd and Jelavic scoring recently were a big help) and hope for the best till the Jan wildcard.

Will be avoiding loans unless injuries or suspension to a big hitter force my hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Still plenty of time for things to change. Regarding my squad, I'm happy enough with it, although the lack of Soton attackers and Baines in defence is worrying. Have to keep on making the correct capt and fringe players decisions (Boyd and Jelavic scoring recently were a big help) and hope for the best till the Jan wildcard.

Will be avoiding loans unless injuries or suspension to a big hitter force my hand

Tadic and Pelle have only ~5% ownership so they shouldn't hurt you too much. Baines has 22% though so he's a danger.

Yea I wouldn't be taking any loans in your position either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Loans are definitely very expensive can't see myself taking one unless something big happens. I would imagine there will be a good few loans made to bring in Aguero and Southampton players now.

Totally forgot to sub ADM in just missed the deadline :o

got out of jail with that a bit i think! just 2 points conceded by forgetting to sub in ADM. i may start setting alarms from now on!

102 in total for my second ton of the season. Wisdom and Berahino points tonight will hit the overall ranking a bit as well as any auto capt change to Aguero but hoping to be top 20 once the dust settles

262nd for week. 290th overall. i'll take that. 12th for you Kev. flyin the flag :)

262nd for week. 290th overall. i'll take that. 12th for you Kev. flyin the flag :)

Nice one, things can change pretty quickly on Ultimate though, GW5 was massive for me, had a GW rank of 77. Onwards we go to the next GW....

Nice one, things can change pretty quickly on Ultimate though, GW5 was massive for me, had a GW rank of 77. Onwards we go to the next GW....

Ah yeah its a marathon in the real sense, with all the mid-week choppin' n changin'. Be interesting to see how things go when we get our free transfers in January - i've already got a good few in mind i want to change!

25 points today and down to 34th overall :(

• Advertisement

26pts. Ade(C) ADM Fab Costa Ivan Krul to play. Zamora Green tomorrow if needed.

Advertisement