Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I'd go for it anyway, you'll be sick if he does bang in a couple!! Taking a chance every now and then is no harm at all, in this case risk is 2 points versus potential reward of 10+!!

Be warned though, I'm bottom of our pay league in this and there could be good reasons for that :-)
    KevIRL wrote: »
    hmmmmm, now considering Jelavic in for Ade, he should get 2 points minimum so am really only gambling 2 points by bringing him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ya Jelavic subbed in, potential 6 points for a goal sealed the deal.

Ya Jelavic subbed in, potential 6 points for a goal sealed the deal.

Gamble fails ends up costing 2 points. Robertson ended up getting 2 points to cancel it out though so finished on 106 for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Finished on 80 which was terrible considering I had costa as captain, Davies as my only player last night summed up my week with an OG. Had a look at next week and all my 7 outfield subs cost at least 8 million so expecting to bounce back in style.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Finished on 80 which was terrible considering I had costa as captain, Davies as my only player last night summed up my week with an OG. Had a look at next week and all my 7 outfield subs cost at least 8 million so expecting to bounce back in style.

I called that one right anyway, 69 points already with 7 big players left tomorrow. I had Welbeck as captain which helped.

• Advertisement

Up to 32nd in the overall rankings after today, 3rd in Ireland

Up to 32nd in the overall rankings after today, 3rd in Ireland

You're only 12 points off top spot for manager of the month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Forgot to look at my team this week :(

You're only 12 points off top spot for manager of the month too.

Hadnt checked that thanks for the heads up, whats the MOM prize?

Hadnt checked that thanks for the heads up, whats the MOM prize?

1 thousand pounds I think

• Advertisement

Pressure!

Pressure!

Pressure is for tyres , bra straps and bouncy castles!

Yep, you have next week to make up those points. Worth going for with an adventurous captain pick next week :)

79 points after today. Should drop a fair bit in the overall rankings

79 points after today. Should drop a fair bit in the overall rankings

Down to 51st from last nights 32nd. But overall a jump from 264th to 51st this gameweek

14 points and 38 places off the September number 1 spot though, gonna be very hard to close that out in 1 week

lol, just realised I only have 1 player in my squad not playing on MD1 next week. Thats Boyd of Burnley.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Down to 51st from last nights 32nd. But overall a jump from 264th to 51st this gameweek

14 points and 38 places off the September number 1 spot though, gonna be very hard to close that out in 1 week

Nice sweat anyway. Assuming most your rivals will be captaining Costa, you leaning towards taking a punt on someone else, to try snatch the monthly prize?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

that's good going Kev. i dropped from 179th to 308th thanks partly to a captain fail. Debuchy injury is a kick in the balls tho i'm not sure a loan would be worth my while. may consider it after this gw. Boyd Cabella Duff Wisdom Krul my matchday 2/3 options this gw

Wamble wrote: »
    Nice sweat anyway. Assuming most your rivals will be captaining Costa, you leaning towards taking a punt on someone else, to try snatch the monthly prize?

Not 100% tbh. The fact that there's 38 players to get past is probably more off putting in terms of taking a risk than the 14 points really.

Not 100% tbh. The fact that there's 38 players to get past is probably more off putting in terms of taking a risk than the 14 points really.

I'd go for it, take a punt on Aguero as captain.

• Advertisement

I'd go for it, take a punt on Aguero as captain.

Too obvious, would have to be about 7-10 of the top 38 with him as capt, considering the prize at stake. Would have to take a punt on someone like Sterling and hope for a hat trick from him. Just not doable I fear.

Should have gone with augero lads

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Should have gone with augero lads

I have him, benched Jagielka last minute though, he's my first sub

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

58pts from yesterday saw me sneak into the top 200 overall. 2nd in the Boards league. Subbed out 3 players to bring me down to 53pts. Wisdom Duff and Boyd playing so hopefully will make that back with interest. A 0-0 would suit me very nicely indeed

manual_man wrote: »
    58pts from yesterday saw me sneak into the top 200 overall. 2nd in the Boards league. Subbed out 3 players to bring me down to 53pts. Wisdom Duff and Boyd playing so hopefully will make that back with interest. A 0-0 would suit me very nicely indeed

Me too! Drab enough game so far

Whats the code for the Boards league? I'm just in the pay one

Whats the code for the Boards league? I'm just in the pay one

:) you know you'll be first!

8-10 wrote: »
    :) you know you'll be first!

Found it, will be second it seems

I like the way the deadline is 19:45 tonight, allows us to see the lineups before making subs!

• Advertisement

39 points so far today. But capt Augero still to go. Robertson and jelavic the unexpected points scorers

Advertisement