Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

manual_man wrote: »
    ya jambag :p haha up to 53 myself with captain Tadic. funnily enough Clyne (who i transferred out GW4) has cost me quite big my defense has let me down big time in this

Yep definitely a lucky break for me alright. Hutton even managed 3 points as well

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dearg81 wrote: »
    75 for me, I captained Clyne for the laugh too 😀

Nice score pfff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep definitely a lucky break for me alright. Hutton even managed 3 points as well

sure ya need a break here and there. had hutton as well, all good as he was replacing Lovren's measly 1 point

Adebayor to Bony 4 weeks for 10 points what do ye think? Fancy spinning the roulette

Adebayor to Bony 4 weeks for 10 points what do ye think? Fancy spinning the roulette

Makes sense alright. I think the loan system is too costly in general but that move makes sense maybe make it longer.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Makes sense alright. I think the loan system is too costly in general but that move makes sense maybe make it longer.

4 weeks is the max. 3/4 next games at home for Swansea and Bony seems to do well in home games. only thing is my defense is in a jock. Debuchy (injured), Moore (dropped), Bruce (not playing), Ivanovic/Lovren/Duff/Wisdom/Hutton my remaining defenders but they haven't been doing great between them.

Who are your other strikers/mids?

4 weeks is the max. 3/4 next games at home for Swansea and Bony seems to do well in home games. only thing is my defense is in a jock. Debuchy (injured), Moore (dropped), Bruce (not playing), Ivanovic/Lovren/Duff/Wisdom/Hutton my remaining defenders but they haven't been doing great between them.

Never realised that!! Not even been tempted yet. 10 points over 4 weeks is a hell of a lot especially as you have to assume you will more than likely only field him 2 or 3 times. How many forwards do you have playing at the moment? I think if you still have four decent I would hold off.

Who are your other strikers/mids?

mid: boyd/tadic/cabella/sterling/fab/ramsey/siggy/AdM

fwd: ade/zamora/barnes/costa/aguero/welbeck

a few players have kept it so i'm still in the top 1K, but honestly my squad ain't in great shape

a few players have kept it so i'm still in the top 1K, but honestly my squad ain't in great shape

That forward line is pretty ropey! Bony in definitely makes it a little more solid 10 points is a lot though tough spot.

• Advertisement

That forward line is pretty ropey! Bony in definitely makes it a little more solid 10 points is a lot though tough spot.

yeah i'll mull it over during the week. too many non-playing or non-performing players in my squad at the moment, the likes of Aguero Costa and AdM are propping me up. Welbeck may be affected with Giroud back early now which doesn't help

I wouldn't bother. You can only play a max of 3 forwards on a given week. And at most 7 forwards/MIDs combo. How often are swans on different match days to Chelsea/city/arsenal/utd in those weeks? You might end up leaving bony on the bench!

I wouldn't bother. You can only play a max of 3 forwards on a given week. And at most 7 forwards/MIDs combo. How often are swans on different match days to Chelsea/city/arsenal/utd in those weeks? You might end up leaving bony on the bench!

i think gameday fixtures are conspiring against me haha. ah its a pure head melt at the moment. been tryin to figure out some loan combos and i'm 0.5 short every time. haha santa can hurry up with those 12 F/T's

Down 5 places to 39th aftrr today. GW score also went down to 48 thanks to ade not playing and lamela/sterling just getting 2 points each.

Just Hutton and Clyne left to play tomorrow will cost me 2 points to bring them both on and may as well captain one of them. Prob clyne

Finished the week in 22nd overall and second in Ireland. 47 points behind the overall leader though is quite a gap already

Finished the week in 22nd overall and second in Ireland. 47 points behind the overall leader though is quite a gap already

ya know yourself Kev, keep plugging away, loads of the season still to go, loads can happen.

393rd myself, down 60-odd places

oh dear. can add Lovren (dropped) to my list of defender misfits. Duff injured means only 2 defenders for me this week. Welbeck and Ramsey combine for 15pts, on a bright note. AdM captain

oh dear. can add Lovren (dropped) to my list of defender misfits. Duff injured means only 2 defenders for me this week. Welbeck and Ramsey combine for 15pts, on a bright note. AdM captain

Know how you feel! I have Debuchy, Jones, Moore, Vlaar, Lovren & Colo! Was relying on Lovren to atleast chip in 2!

A very satisfactory afternoon so far with 43 points from 8 players, 3 left to go today including capt Costa. Over to you Chelsea....

A very satisfactory afternoon so far with 43 points from 8 players, 3 left to go today including capt Costa. Over to you Chelsea....

Nice! Bit of a mare today atleast it means I can cheer on a goal fest in the city Southampton match though!!

33pts with 3 Chelsea playing now. AdM(C) and a whopping 2 points from my GK+DEF combined hit me hard haha. oh this game :D

• Advertisement

55 points. Costa capt fail though, armband will move to Kun tomorrow.

ADM, Costa and jelly will be subbed for a loss of 5 points, Kun, and 2 of Lamela, Ade, Chadli to come in depending on spurs team news I can grab. Just the 3 left then

Edit - 56 actually. Fab picks up another point after the match

Up 2 places to 20th after the tables update. Increasingly hard time make ground now

slipped to 516th. could have been worse i suppose. Kun(C) and Tadic to play. damage limitation at the moment.

Looks like I'll have to use my first loan of the season for next week. Team is in rag order for matchday1

Looks like I'll have to use my first loan of the season for next week. Team is in rag order for matchday1

mine is a motley crew of Cabella, Boyd, Barnes, Zamora and more. at least i have a full bench to choose from for matchday 2 lol

2 from Lamela, Chadli, Adebayor, Dimichellis and Clyne. Thoughts?

None of the Spurs lads certain to start although I reckon Lamela the most likely followed by Chadli, Ade unlikely to feature. Will obv know for certain the line ups from the other game before deadline time.

Currently have Lamela and Chadli in the team. Is it worth taking one of the defenders to ensure a start?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2 from Lamela, Chadli, Adebayor, Dimichellis and Clyne. Thoughts?

None of the Spurs lads certain to start although I reckon Lamela the most likely followed by Chadli, Ade unlikely to feature. Will obv know for certain the line ups from the other game before deadline time.

Currently have Lamela and Chadli in the team. Is it worth taking one of the defenders to ensure a start?

Chadli and either Di Michelis or Clyne for me.

Would you keep Ulloas 4 points if bring in Chadli?

Would you keep Ulloas 4 points if bring in Chadli?

I don't have ulloa. Am subbing out jelly and ADM for a loss of 2pts and a pt.

• Advertisement

I don't have ulloa. Am subbing out jelly and ADM for a loss of 2pts and a pt.

2 and 1 is a clear switch 4 is tricky when its someone like Chadli. Wish Ulloa had only got 3 then it would be easy!

Advertisement