Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

KevIRL wrote: »
    39 points so far today. But capt Augero still to go. Robertson and jelavic the unexpected points scorers

49 so far for me thanks mainly to Siggy. I don't have Aguero though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Went a bit mental pre kick-off and did a 4 week triple loan debuchy ramsey and cabella out lallana silva and wilson in

captained lallana so some of it paid off already!

47pts so far silva and aguero playing now, full bench to pick from tomorrow which is nice to have

manual_man wrote: »
    Went a bit mental pre kick-off and did a 4 week triple loan debuchy ramsey and cabella out lallana silva and wilson in

captained lallana so some of it paid off already!

47pts so far silva and aguero playing now, full bench to pick from tomorrow which is nice to have

How much does a 4 week loan cost? I have Ramsey too.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How much does a 4 week loan cost? I have Ramsey too.
    4 weeks is 10pts = 2.5pts per week
    3 weeks 9pts = 3pts...
    2 weeks 7pts = 3.5pts...
    1 week 4pts

in my example it's costing me 30pts so need to make up 7.5pts per gw over the course of the loan for it to be worthwhile

felt it was worthwhile risk tho with Debuchy out medium-long term, Rambo out medium term, and Cabella dropped!(hadn't done much anyway)

4 weeks is 10pts = 2.5pts per week
    3 weeks 9pts = 3pts...
    2 weeks 7pts = 3.5pts...
    1 week 4pts

in my example it's costing me 30pts so need to make up 7.5pts per gw over the course of the loan for it to be worthwhile

felt it was worthwhile risk tho with Debuchy out medium-long term, Rambo out medium term, and Cabella dropped!(hadn't done much anyway)
    Yea definitely worth, it will also add more interest to the game for you. It's not much fun having injured players in your squad. I'll probably do Ramsey to Silva on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ended on 55 yesterday. 4 players removed though so back to 51. Decided to stick on capt augero. De gea, terry, fab, ADM and costa to play.

Tricky decision with leaving both spurs players on the bench.

Ended on 55 yesterday. 4 players removed though so back to 51. Decided to stick on capt augero. De gea, terry, fab, ADM and costa to play.

Tricky decision with leaving both spurs players on the bench.

I left Adebayor and Lamela out too. I have fab,hazard, costa, Falcao and lloris today.

75 now with terry, fab and costa to go.

Anyone capt ADM?

75 now with terry, fab and costa to go.

Anyone capt ADM?

nah but just having him is good!

had to pick 2 from 5 chose welbeck and costa while cesc, tadic and ade remain benched. this is where so many options has the potential to bite you in the ass!

63pts with welbeck, costa, ivan and green left to play. will go down the rankings tho due to my 4 week 30pt loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Played 6 defenders and 2 goalkeepers in this weekend total and not a single clean sheet among the 8 of them! All play for different clubs.

• Advertisement

97 in the end. Could have been a second ton of the season but cant complain with that score.

ADM captainers the main worry for the table update later

97 in the end. Could have been a second ton of the season but cant complain with that score.

ADM captainers the main worry for the table update later

Very impressive score! Good start to the month. My defenders let me down big time but happy with my score.

thats a top score Kev. sitting on 80 myself with Green playing. steady as she goes. Fab benched my only disappointment

thats a top score Kev. sitting on 80 myself with Green playing. steady as she goes. Fab benched my only disappointment

Yea 97 is brilliant, I think very few people will have adm as captain as a lot of people won't have changed their captain and those that did probably went with Costa. I finished on 85 which I'm happy with considering I don't even have adm.

Up to 32nd overall and 3rd in Ireland after the points update :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Up to 32nd overall and 3rd in Ireland after the points update :)

Thats amazing well done! Are there any months prizes you may be up for?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thats amazing well done! Are there any months prizes you may be up for?

Monthly prize of £1K each month. Was 14 points off Sept motm going into the last GW in Sept and could have gambled big time for it but would have risked my overall ranking. Have decided to concentrate on the main prize for now and any monthly prize that comes my way so be it

Currently on 556 points overall with the global leader on 581 so not a whole lot in it really.

I got 78 and all red arrows! Really good standard

Aguero getting hammered with the missed chances today. -2 for the missed pen, and -3 for big chances missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Aguero getting hammered with the missed chances today. -2 for the missed pen, and -3 for big chances missed :(

Yeh he had a shocker!

• Advertisement

92 points from todays players including 2 zeros.

Gonna be a very high scoring GW I feel

finished the day on 94 from 10. v happy considering that included captaining Silva (2x2pts)!

changing captain to sterling or lallana 2moro, can change again to ADM Monday if that doesn't work out. just 5.2% ownership for Tadic!!! Georgie Boyd chippin' in with a goal helped too, as well as Kun obv. even tho i didn't captain him

My changes will be

Sterling in for Lamela (no points lost)
    Siggy in for Costa (no points lost)
    Taylor in for Terry (2 points lost)
    Caulker in for DiMichelles (2 points lost)

Not sure if I'll have any net gain from the defenders but its nice having the risk free midfield subs. ADM is gonna come in for the worst scoring of the 2 mids although if they both score higher than 4 I'll risk bringing him in for Chadli with a 4 point loss

Cant wait for the game to update to see where I am in the overall rankings, surprisingly a fair few higher than me dont have Aguero.

Interesting dynamic for those who captained Costa and left vc on Aguero/Pelle etc, if they make any manager changes then the vc wont move automatically to Kun, although they can pick a new capt obviously

Generally speaking the vc won't come in to play, tho yeah with Costa out and Aguero's monster week it could be a conundrum for some. Tadic was my vc btw! :o

more than likely i'll be subbing out Costa Ivanovic Silva and Duff (0, 2, 4, 3) for Lallana Sterling Lovren and Wilson. Thankfully will see Liverpool lineup in advance. Have Siggy also but only 2 attacking slots so he'll stay on my bench unless 1 of Lallana/Sterling doesn't play

What was Tadic's score? Who is your first sub? who will autosub in for Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I am in that conundrum but also had 2 players that didn't play. I have falcao, siggy and wisdom to come in via auto subs. Sterling is only sub I wouldn't mind bringing in but given the 2 0's and my auto subs coming in I actually have an easy decision.....don't touch the team Until the gameweek is over! Only on 51 at present though

My changes will be

Sterling in for Lamela (no points lost)
    Siggy in for Costa (no points lost)
    Taylor in for Terry (2 points lost)
    Caulker in for DiMichelles (2 points lost)

Not sure if I'll have any net gain from the defenders but its nice having the risk free midfield subs. ADM is gonna come in for the worst scoring of the 2 mids although if they both score higher than 4 I'll risk bringing him in for Chadli with a 4 point loss

Cant wait for the game to update to see where I am in the overall rankings, surprisingly a fair few higher than me dont have Aguero.

Interesting dynamic for those who captained Costa and left vc on Aguero/Pelle etc, if they make any manager changes then the vc wont move automatically to Kun, although they can pick a new capt obviously

What was Tadic's score? Who is your first sub? who will autosub in for Costa?

8th overall! Well done Kev! Up 800 places to inside the top 300 myself. Chuffed with that

Silva was my captain!! Tadic got 26pts

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

So I have costa as captain and Aguero as VC ... I take it i have to leave costa in my team for the VC to switch at the end of the week. Can i make other subs? its not clear from the rules page

So I have costa as captain and Aguero as VC ... I take it i have to leave costa in my team for the VC to switch at the end of the week. Can i make other subs? its not clear from the rules page

No the only way you'll get double points for Aguero is if you do nothing whatsoever

"If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek"

i take it from that, that you can't make any subs at all if you want the armband to be passed to Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

No the only way you'll get double points for Aguero is if you do nothing whatsoever

"If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek"

i take it from that, that you can't make any subs at all if you want the armband to be passed to Aguero
    With three 0 points and a -2 in my team its worth my while changing things so with mata,sterling,siggy and pieters. Screw that rule anyway . defeats the whole point of a VC

Advertisement