Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hackers wrote: »
    Same here!! This weekend is a bit of a strange one, I only have 2 players available to come in after Saturdays games. A lot of hard choices to make for the 1st 11

haha yeah this week's a bit unique in that sense, just have the 1 United player myself, then Green and Zamora for QPR but i hope i won't have 2resort 2them :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Almost took a gamble on walcott but decided i can always get him on loan for a few weeks . It could all go wrong by the time the next transfer window open. 2 spurs players in since they rotate nicely.

Only 1 player in my squad is playing md2/3 this week . lot of players benched who id like to have in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

long night ahead tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

I've finished now, head melted! There will be points left on the bench, just have to accept that and move on!!
    long night ahead tonight

meh have Welbeck and Debuchy both benched at present, not sure whether to throw one (or both) of them into my starting XI, have Ramsey selected but only really have Di Maria as a good option after today if things don't work out. Welbeck would have to take the place of either Adebayor or Costa as i have Aguero starting too. Sooooo many decisions :o

• Advertisement

I have tried to balance things out as much as possible so as not to have too many from the same team in case said team(s) fire a blank. You have Ramsey for arsenal so that's probably enough from them
    manual_man wrote: »
    meh have Welbeck and Debuchy both benched at present, not sure whether to throw one (or both) of them into my starting XI, have Ramsey selected but only really have Di Maria as a good option after today if things don't work out. Welbeck would have to take the place of either Adebayor or Costa as i have Aguero starting too. Sooooo many decisions :o

I have tried to balance things out as much as possible so as not to have too many from the same team in case said team(s) fire a blank. You have Ramsey for arsenal so that's probably enough from them

Feck it yeah just gonna go with what i have. Welbeck down as first outfield sub. Debuchy first defensive sub. Would be surprised if City didn't score and this is only Welbeck's very first game up against Kompany and DeMichelis

below is my finalized squad:

Screenshot%2B%28385%29.png

thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You went for the bargain basement players in defence I see. Looks very strong in midfield and attack.

I'm a bit pissed off with my team, I made my transfers after a few pints and didn't realize I had 2 villa defenders which isn't good.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You went for the bargain basement players in defence I see. Looks very strong in midfield and attack.

I'm a bit pissed off with my team, I made my transfers after a few pints and didn't realize I had 2 villa defenders which isn't good.

Yeah you're never gonna be 100% happy with it i feel i got a pretty good spread, no Everton players but even with the bigger squad you're never gonna get everyone! Cheapie in defense like you said a bit risky but still have Ivan Debuchy and Lovren, hopefully the extra firepower in midfield and attack is worth it!

ouuuuch a long-term injury for Debuchy will not be good for me. Wait and see but a loan may be already on the cards for me!

• Advertisement

In the same boat.....not sure if a loan for a defender is worth it when you have 7 defenders still to pick from
    ouuuuch a long-term injury for Debuchy will not be good for me. Wait and see but a loan may be already on the cards for me!

In the same boat.....not sure if a loan for a defender is worth it when you have 8 defenders to pick from

Yeah but a bit different from my perspective with my 5x 4.0M defenders selected. Wait and see it's GW8 before Arsenal's fixtures become really attractive anyway that's 5 weeks away

That's a fair point, you don't want to playing more than 1 of those in any gameweek
    Yeah but a bit different from my perspective with my 5x 4.0M defenders selected. Wait and see it's GW8 before Arsenal's fixtures become really attractive anyway that's 5 weeks away

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

84 points so far, but disappointed as I didnt captain Costa

raging i didn't captain Costa in this :mad: went for a cheeky punt on Ivan :(

need Di Maria to do something tomorrow now to avoid egg on my face. would have been looking at a possible century score

74 so far with costa captain. All depends on who did/didn't captain costa to see if that's a decent score or not

87 points!

87 points!

that's a good score...

On 81 myself but that will be 78 after i sub out Sterling for Di Maria who'll be taking the captaincy off Ivan

- the cruel reality that if i'd captained Costa my current gw score would be 100 exactly :( -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I captained Costa and dropped 200 places in the rankings! Still have a 4 lads left though on 73 points at the moment.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I captained Costa and dropped 200 places in the rankings! Still have a 4 lads left though on 73 points at the moment.

Moved up a few hundred places into top 1K despite no C Costa. Might sneak up a bit more if C Di Maria performs tomorrow but then again I imagine most players have at least 1 United as option to replace any underperformers

• Advertisement

that's a good score...

On 81 myself but that will be 78 after i sub out Sterling for Di Maria who'll be taking the captaincy off Ivan

- the cruel reality that if i'd captained Costa my current gw score would be 100 exactly :( -

Subbed in my 4 united lads there so my score is gone down to 80 now.

DDG, Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao

Hit the top of the FSA league despite not captaining Costa. Made 3 sub's for a total deduction of 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

KevIRL wrote: »
    Hit the top of the FSA league despite not captaining Costa. Made 3 sub's for a total deduction of 1 point

I think I was top but had a score of 60ish so dropped right down. :(

Only able to field 10 this week. 3 to play

Ton up! 106 points with Robertson to play. Can play Jelavic also but think I'll stick with Adebeyors 4 points

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Will bring in Vaz Te for Falcao.
    Can't imagine that will happen too often.

Moved up a few hundred places into top 1K despite no C Costa. Might sneak up a bit more if C Di Maria performs tomorrow but then again I imagine most players have at least 1 United as option to replace any underperformers

salvaged :)

110pts wahey only possible left is Bruce on the off chance he starts i'll sub him in him for Ivan(2pts). only delighted

113 , nobody else to come off the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

88, disappointing given other people's scores!

Gaston Ramirez to play, not expecting much but have two 0 scorers on my team so might as well sub him in for 1 of them

Back to the top of the pay league and 247th overall. Clean sheet tomorrow for Robertson would be nice

• Advertisement

hmmmmm, now considering Jelavic in for Ade, he should get 2 points minimum so am really only gambling 2 points by bringing him in.

Advertisement