Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

had him captain :cool:

Me too, but dont think I'll be sticking on him as capt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Degag wrote: »
    The scoring must be different in this game. Rooney got 6 points for his goal.

It is different. A goal is 6 points regardless of the players position. Few other differences too

During the season fantasy players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in Barclays Premier League matches. Points are awarded as detailed in the table below:

Action Points
    For playing in a game 1
    For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
    For each goal scored 6
    For each goal assist (when a pass or cross leads to a goal being scored, no defender touch must interfere with the pass) 3
    For your goalkeeper or defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
    For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
    For every 3 saves 1
    For every penalty save 5
    For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
    For every penalty conceded -1
    For every penalty miss -2
    For every yellow card -1
    For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
    For every own goal -2
    For every 3 crosses (a cross is defined where the ball is played to a team mate in the penalty area) 1
    For every 3 key passes (a key pass is one that leads to a shot at goal) 1
    For every big chance created (a big chance is one where the analyst determines the player should score) 1
    For every big chance missed -1
    For every 8 clearances, blocks or interceptions 1
    For every 8 recovered balls 1
    For every error leading to a goal -1
    Assists
    Assists are awarded to the player from the goal scoring team, who makes the final pass before a goal is scored. An assist is awarded whether the pass was intentional (that it actually creates the chance) or unintentional (that the player had to dribble the ball or an inadvertent touch or shot created the chance).

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

An awful start in this. 8 of first 11 got 2 or 3 points so all them have to go!

Hackers wrote: »
    An awful start in this. 8 of first 11 got 2 or 3 points so all them have to go!

I'm on 54, I played Sigurdsson in this game so happy enough, have a few good subs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm on 54, I played Sigurdsson in this game so happy enough, have a few good subs too.

56 here with siggy on my bench :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone changing captain or leaving it on Rooney?

Costa is tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

PopTarts wrote: »

Costa is tempting!

Not worth losing the bonus points I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Costa is tempting!

I have dzeko and costa still to play as captaincy choices. Will probably change i think.

Question on the matchday 2 changes. Can they be made right up to before kickoff or what is the cut off time for manager substitutions?

zarquon wrote: »
    I have dzeko and costa still to play as captaincy choices. Will probably change i think.

Question on the matchday 2 changes. Can they be made right up to before kickoff or what is the cut off time for manager substitutions?

Yea I think you can make changes before the kickoff of the first match so 130pm is tomorrow's deadline.

Not worth losing the bonus points I'd say

If you have Sturridge and Costa then it probably is worth the risk in my opinion. Both of them are odds on to score so that means it's over 3/1 that both of them will blank.

• Advertisement

If you have Sturridge and Costa then it probably is worth the risk in my opinion. Both of them are odds on to score so that means it's over 3/1 that both of them will blank.

Dont have sturridge but have Costa, Have 4 chelsea lads on the bench to come in monday

Is it not 1.15pm?

49 today but means nothing really as will change captain off Rooney and will be subbing out 4 players tomorrow and will have 3 more available to sub in for Mondays game.

Yea I think you can make changes before the kickoff of the first match so 130pm is tomorrow's deadline.

The owner of the "Mashed Progheads" who is leader of the Boards FSA league is also currently ranked 9th overall!

Hackers wrote: »
    Is it not 1.15pm?

49 today but means nothing really as will change captain off Rooney and will be subbing out 4 players tomorrow and will have 3 more available to sub in for Mondays game.

Yea you're right it is 1:15pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can't remember from last year but will we be able to swop players out again today after the matches for Chelsea's game tomorrow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Can't remember from last year but will we be able to swop players out again today after the matches for Chelsea's game tomorrow?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ramsey 9ptsx2

Henderson, Lovren, Coutinho, Sturridge, Navas, Jovetic

Stick or twist?

Have 4 Chelsea tomorrow so could change again if doesn't work out

64 points for me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

64 points for me

not much better on 70. siggy in reserves biggest d'oh

• Registered Users Posts: 6 3WiseMonkeys

Just found this thread....I joined the boards league but a week behind...does my score start from 0 next week... just started it this year and really enjoying it... scoring is a bit different but i think it is more strategic when you have to pick your players at the start of the year... transfering players in for 5 months has me second guessing myself... :-)

• Advertisement

Solid start for me with 71. I need to get Fab in this week. I like the way the prices dont change, it means you can just do the transfers on friday/sat. I'm liking it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Question on AUtomatic substitutions:

I had Cameron in my first 11, he didn't play and wasn't automatically substituted either. I had Mangala & Clyne as my 2 defenders on the bench - in positions 2 & 3.
    As Mangala is injured, shouldn't Clyne have come in?

Automatic subs only work if you don't make any changes at all over the course of all 3 Matchdays. I think you either subbed out others players and/or changed your captain?

Extract from rules as below:
    "Automatic substitutions
    If no manager substitutions or captain changes are made, automatic substitutions are processed at the end of the Gameweek as follows:

If your Goalkeeper plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, he will be substituted by the highest priority Goalkeeper on your bench (if you have one) who played in the Gameweek.
    If any of your outfield players play 0 minutes in the Gameweek, they will be substituted by the highest priority outfield substitute who played in the Gameweek and doesn't break the formation rules (eg. If your starting team has 3 defenders, a defender can only be replaced by another defender).
    If your captain plays 0 minutes in the Gameweek, the captain will be changed to the vice-captain. If both captain and vice-captain play 0 minutes in a Gameweek, then no player's score will be doubled."

Also from the rules:

"If a manager substitution or captain change is made then no automatic substitutions or vice captain changes will take place on your team that Gameweek."
    retalivity wrote: »
    Question on AUtomatic substitutions:

I had Cameron in my first 11, he didn't play and wasn't automatically substituted either. I had Mangala & Clyne as my 2 defenders on the bench - in positions 2 & 3.
    As Mangala is injured, shouldn't Clyne have come in?

Yeah I changed my captain yesterday morning to Terry, so that explains it.
    So you can only transfer out players who play then? When I looked at it yesterday I couldn't transfer him out, and I assumed that it would sort itself out afterwards like it does in the regular game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah I changed my captain yesterday morning to Terry, so that explains it.
    So you can only transfer out players who play then? When I looked at it yesterday I couldn't transfer him out, and I assumed that it would sort itself out afterwards like it does in the regular game

No you can transfer out players who don't play. Did you have a player on your bench playing last night that you could have transferred in for him? The bench player can't have played already so Mangala or Clyne wouldn't have been options yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

80 Points week one, not too shabby :) I was planning on not making any changes yet but no point holding onto players not starting. 1 made now , might carry over the rest to try and keep loans to a minimum

8-10 wrote: »
    No you can transfer out players who don't play. Did you have a player on your bench playing last night that you could have transferred in for him? The bench player can't have played already so Mangala or Clyne wouldn't have been options yesterday.

I had 3 at the back and only those 2 defenders on the bench so couldnt transfer in someone else. Mystery Solved!!!
    So looks like it pays to put out a team for Saturday regardless, and put all Sun/Mon players on the bench just in case...late joining this league so not sure if already discussed

I had 3 at the back and only those 2 defenders on the bench so couldnt transfer in someone else. Mystery Solved!!!
    So looks like it pays to put out a team for Saturday regardless, and put all Sun/Mon players on the bench just in case...late joining this league so not sure if already discussed

That's pretty much the jist of it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Do price rises happen in Ultimate? I notice Siggy hasnt gone up?

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Do price rises happen in Ultimate? I notice Siggy hasnt gone up?

No price changes

Advertisement