Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

tough choices in this tonight. have gone with this:

Screenshot%2B%2877%29.png

Cazorla, Di Maria and Austin staying on the bench, Austin has 2 games but i feel Sturridge could do more damage in his 1 game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    tough choices in this tonight. have gone with this:

Cazorla, Di Maria and Austin staying on the bench, Austin has 2 games but i feel Sturridge could do more damage in his 1 game

Would definitely be going Austin over Studge.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I presume you can't pick Aguero as captain tomorrow and then switch to Kane before Matchday 3 and double his Matchday 2 points?

lol would be nice if you could but you can only change it to a player who hasn't played that GW. Not sure why they have a seperate MD3 deadline listed presumably its just a system has to have it thing as you can't make any changes.

jimmii wrote: »
    Would definitely be going Austin over Studge.

2 games doesn't automatically mean more points, we've seen that many times before! anyway was a close call i just couldn't bring myself to bench Studge home to Burnley could be a goal fest

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

lol would be nice if you could! Not sure why they have a seperate MD3 deadline listed presumably its just a system has to have it thing as you can't make any changes.

In theory someone from spurs/QPR that didn't play tonight could be subbed in for next sat. Unlikely though

• Advertisement

With Kompany out I have to pick two from Moses, Cahill, Siggy and Cresswell one of which must be a defender. Currently on Cahill and Moses does that look best?

KevIRL wrote: »
    In theory someone from spurs/QPR that didn't play tonight could be subbed in for next sat. Unlikely though

Yeh was thinking that was probably the only situation where you could make the change.

2 games doesn't automatically mean more points, we've seen that many times before! anyway was a close call i just couldn't bring myself to bench Studge home to Burnley could be a goal fest

Of course it doesn't but it does allow for more opportunity to score point! If you want to have a bet on Austin vs Sturridge i'm more than happy to oblige!

Of course it doesn't but it does allow for more opportunity to score point! If you want to have a bet on Austin vs Sturridge i'm more than happy to oblige!

haha no yer alright like i said it was a close call i'll just sit back n' enjoy the footy :)

haha no yer alright like i said it was a close call i'll just sit back n' enjoy the footy :)

Makes it much more fun to have a bit more on it though! Myself and Spock did Sanchez vs Aguero last week made it much more fun on Sunday watching both matches!

• Advertisement

Makes it much more fun to have a bit more on it though! Myself and Spock did Sanchez vs Aguero last week made it much more fun on Sunday watching both matches!

its ok i'll pass jimmi :p thanks though ;)

Having a look at Sturridge vs Austin its quite an interesting one considering how short Sturridge is to score (4/6). Before we had RMT and FFFix I used to just use the any time goalscorer odds to get an idea of who they think is the better option.

Sturridge 4/6 = 3.6 points
    Austin 11/5 & 9/5 = 4.0176 points plus the additional 2 points for playing.

Obviously there are other things that contribute towards scoring points other than goals (Sturridge gets an assist in about half as many minutes so that evens out this week) but that is the easiest thing to measure and the most important especially with if UFPL with the 6 point goals.

People think two games doesn't make a huge difference but its mostly the extra 2 points that make the difference. Austins odds to score in each match are pretty uninspiring but to have a higher points expectancy Sturridge would need to be scoring at a Dost/Ronaldo/Messi type rate.

its ok i'll pass jimmi :p thanks though ;)

Boo!

:p

:p

Austin teasing you! Hatty midweek for him now!!

Austin teasing you! Hatty midweek for him now!!

haha. fine margins. with 10mins to go my call was looking good

ah well :)

66pts with messers Kane (C) and Chadli to go again. happy enough with that

haha. fine margins. with 10mins to go my call was looking good

ah well :)

With 100 mins to go that was! You can't judge a decision like that on results though. Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!

66pts with messers Kane (C) and Chadli to go again. happy enough with that

Noice be interesting to see how that stacks up. My back 4 did me proud this week they chipped in with a healthy 29 points!

Player of the day though:

moses_parting_red_sea_barrett_301889_print.jpg

With 100 mins to go that was! You can't judge a decision like that on results though. Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!

lol nonsense jimmi. you're trying to use hindsight now..

Austin v 2 good teams in Arsenal and Spurs. Studge v Burnley. i watched the 'pool game and Studge can consider himself unfortunate to have just got 1. 2 very good saves from Heaton. i didnt see the Arsenal game but from commentary it was slack defending from Arsenal for Austin's goal. them's the breaks. same scenario next season and i'd be picking Studge again. ya win some ya lose some! :)

• Advertisement

Austin v 2 good teams in Arsenal and Spurs. Studge v Burnley. i watched the 'pool game and Studge can consider himself unfortunate to have just got 1. 2 very good saves from Heaton. i didnt see the Arsenal game but from commentary it was slack defending from Arsenal for Austin's goal. them's the breaks. same scenario next season and i'd be picking Studge again. ya win some ya lose some! :)

In what way? I said it didn't matter how many points each scored this week that would be the wrong way to judge a decision. It was pretty close between them though and for all we know Austin might pick up a knock and play 0 or even miss a penalty and get sent off and Sturridge could come out ahead its not over yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,120 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

71 with captain Kane and Eriksen to play again. Had Costa up front with Ki on the bench but other than that im delirawirat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It was slack defending but you are handpicking facts there to suit your argument, Austin was an a couple of inches away from a goal in the first half and had a very good game. Nothing wrong with picking Austin over Sturridge or Sturridge over Austin this week, I'm kinda glad I didnt have to make that decision.

I did ok this week, 62 points with Kane(c), Eriksen and Lloris left leaves me in 1070. I can't seem to break into the top 1000.

I did ok this week, 62 points with Kane(c), Eriksen and Lloris left leaves me in 1070. I can't seem to break into the top 1000.

Yeh its very hard to make up ground now teams are quite similar since the transfers. I've been treading water since GW9!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,538 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I'm finding it easy enough to lose ground. Down to 119th.

It was slack defending but you are handpicking facts there to suit your argument, Austin was an a couple of inches away from a goal in the first half and had a very good game. Nothing wrong with picking Austin over Sturridge or Sturridge over Austin this week, I'm kinda glad I didnt have to make that decision.

hardly handpicking facts. its not possible to watch 2 games at the same time! anyway it was a difference of opinion at the end of the day and thats fine with me, fantasy football is about making tough decisions sometimes and this one didn't work out, thats the way it goes, like i said. whats i dislike is nonsense 'i told you so' type prodding and bragging after the event. pure childish

hardly handpicking facts. its not possible to watch 2 games at the same time! anyway it was a difference of opinion at the end of the day and thats fine with me, fantasy football is about making tough decisions sometimes and this one didn't work out, thats the way it goes, like i said. whats i dislike is nonsense 'i told you so' type prodding and bragging after the event. pure childish

Is that what you are suggesting I did? That wasn't meant to be how it came across just meant it in jest after it had come up earlier!

Is that what you are suggesting I did? That wasn't meant to be how it came across just meant it in jest after it had come up earlier!

honestly it didn't come across much as jest to me. well, in particular, the "Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!" comment saw to that. i'm all for a bit of a laugh, but making statements like that with the benefit of hindsight really irks me, and i don't think i'm alone in that. that just came across as childish to me, an unnecessary dig. but if you say it was in jest then i accept that. i've never been really comfortable with communication that isn't face-to-face :p and that will probably never change :P too much opportunity for miscommunication :p

honestly it didn't come across much as jest to me. well, in particular, the "Austin was right no matter how many points Sturridge scored!" comment saw to that. i'm all for a bit of a laugh, but making statements like that with the benefit of hindsight really irks me, and i don't think i'm alone in that. that just came across as childish to me, an unnecessary dig. but if you say it was in jest then i accept that. i've never been really comfortable with communication that isn't face-to-face :p and that will probably never change :P too much opportunity for miscommunication :p

I did say the same beforehand though in fairness hardly just out of the blue afterwards! I hate those comments too they're just silly and show a lack of understanding of variance and how short term results dictate how people view how good a decision was beforehand. Like the people coming on other forums today mocking people who captain Kane when they captained Hazard/Giroud/Sanchez etc that clearly wasn't the best decision and even with those players outscoring him that doesn't make that bad decision any better! Apologies if you took it as a dig certainly wasn't intended to be taken in that way.

• Advertisement

92pts. that'll do. that'll do

Advertisement