Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

I'm next to Cork airport outside and can't see or hear anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok can't hear any rain yet....and the lights are off in my bedroom....I'm sitting in darkness!

I spent the last hour out the front staring out west. This better be good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

There's nothing happening here...gonna have a shower and then hopefully things will have kicked off by the time I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

I'm next to Cork airport outside and can't see or hear anything

me neither

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

That's great, the late night weather on RTE has me right up to date with weather in Bangalore and Winnipeg and they gave a 17 second summation of what we can expect here tonight and tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

probably another 2 to 3 hours before the next cluster hits the Eat Cork, Waterford, South Wexford coast

That's great, the late night weather on RTE has me right up to date with weather in Bangalore and Winnipeg and they gave a 17 second summation of what we can expect here tonight and tomorrow.

Now you know RTE's priorities, maybe it was the World Forecast for the relatives of the Diaspora

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Well it is called world weather forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Loads of flashes down near bantry for the last hour gone quite , have a video of one of the flashes but have no clue how to post it, actually don't thnk I can as I don't have enough posts, but was sitting out in the back garden enjoying the show ,

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

leahyl wrote: »
    There's nothing happening here...gonna have a shower and then hopefully things will have kicked off by the time I'm out
    You're going to shower in the dark in your bedroom???:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Think this is a plane grounder? Flying out from Dublin tomorrow at 1:40pm

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Just watched Noah a few nights ago... 4 days later i see extreme instability on the continent in the models and now this heavy rain , got me feeling a little uneasy :P lol

antodeco wrote: »
    Think this is a plane grounder? Flying out from Dublin tomorrow at 1:40pm

Very unlikely.

Take offs and landings could be delayed if there were severe thunderstorms on the flight paths but even if there were they would be unlikely to persist for too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

acequion wrote: »
    Still very dry and calm in Tralee. Can anyone please tell me if we're in the path of the storm and if so,when to expect it?
    Within the next hour or two,have you an unobstructed view of the skyline to your south southwest as you may see distant lightning that way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

Any idea when this is due to pass Limerick and if we are to get the thunder lightning bad? Can't say I'm a fan of t & l at all! Quite humid at the moment and very still!

Any idea when this is due to pass Limerick and if we are to get the thunder lightning bad? Can't say I'm a fan of t & l at all! Quite humid at the moment and very still!
    About 2 to 3 hrs and yes should be a lot of lightning there too if thats ok?

By the way have you batteries folks as some areas especially rural will lose electricity supply

whitebriar wrote: »
    Within the next hour or two,have you an unobstructed view of the skyline to your south southwest as you may see distant lightning that way ?

One part of it is heading towards dingle to the south of you right now. heading in a kind of west north west but the lightning has died down

quoted the wrong person sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3-5 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Maybe I should bring in the washing so was hoping id get away with it till the morning but no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

When's it going to hit cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Any chance of this hitting Dundalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Here they come ^

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some "blob" to our south now....another couple of hours....(didn't seem to work) was a link to here http://www.sat24.com/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭acequion

Will we get very heavy rain and wind in Tralee with the thunder and lightening? I've some new potted petunias out in a rather exposed place and was wondering if I should put them somewhere sheltered. Flowers cost a bloody fortune and don't want them ruined.Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭SweetChaos

Some "blob" to our south now....another couple of hours....(didn't seem to work) was a link to here http://www.sat24.com/gb

one white pixel on a black screen *runs very fast to safety*

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭irishharper

whitebriar wrote: »
    About 2 to 3 hrs and yes should be a lot of lightning there too if thats ok?

By the way have you batteries folks as some areas especially rural will lose electricity supply

Ok thanks very much , some of twitter pics so far of lightning are unreal

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Any chance of this hitting Dundalk?
    Eventually,but not really tonight,get a good nights sleep as I suspect you will be sick of thunder by sunday ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Going to be a long night . . .

szVy1UW.jpg

UNGBRYt.jpg

w4bscuM.jpg

yuiE2Qv.jpg

showforecast.cgi?lightningmap=yes&fcstfile=2014071906_201407172240_2_stormforecast.xml

Looks unlikely for later tomorrow... that's our fun over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Will this hit Dublin tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement