Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia dual rate [18% off Elec & 17% off of Gas]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

aomh wrote: »
    Yeah, IBAN# is ok, BIC is ok, Name is ok, put in bank name and then check, after checking go to next step and I get an error to check my bank details but none of them are highlighted

Yeah i got this, try using the Chrome browser instead.

Seems to be a glitch in the system but I got it working eventually using Chrome instead of Firefox.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Incidentally I see on the conditions for this offer that you need to register on their website after signing up.

"Online account management necessary"

Are all the instructions in the welcome pack? Or do i need to be registering on the site now?

As above, anyone know what the "online account management necessary" means? Is it essentially just saying your bills will be online-only and that's it, or is there more to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,257 ✭✭✭greasepalm

could mean paperless bills and you have to log into your account to see how much it is and have money in said account to cover debit that is been withdrawn in a number of days time.if you want a copy print off a copy for records.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Switched to energa online an hour ago , it says i will get email confirmation , but haven't got anything yet . Can Energia Rep or someone confirm if this is normal and to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭p225886

As above, anyone know what the "online account management necessary" means? Is it essentially just saying your bills will be online-only and that's it, or is there more to it?
    Once you have an account number (will come as part of your welcome letter) you can then go to the website and create a profile for online billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭teflon

Is this really worth it? I have direct debit flogas and standard electricity with bord gais. Living in dublin

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

teflon wrote: »
    Is this really worth it? I have direct debit flogas and standard electricity with bord gais. Living in dublin

Get your last few bills (full year if you have them as summer gas bills aren't much use) and use uswitch.ie or bonkers.ie to check. It should be a little cheaper but possibly not much.

Anyone received their welcome packs yet? Had any estimate on when they will be delivered?

Signed up last Tues

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Anyone received their welcome packs yet? Had any estimate on when they will be delivered?

Signed up last Tues

I signed up on 09/08/14. Online account set up on 23/08. Only received what I assume is my" welcome pack" today which consisted of 3 letters asking to confirm my account details etc and a leaflet with general info re bills

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 43 Verified rep Energia Rep

Hi folks, once you have signed up you should receive a registration letter within the next few days and your welcome pack will arrive approximately two weeks afterwards.

Just a tip for everyone currently paying via Direct Debit with their old provider, don't forget to notify your old provider of the move and that they need to cancel the direct debit.

They should give you a Payment ID and Creditor ID to give to your bank to cancel the direct debit (or it can be done using online banking)

The cancellation is all done eventually by Energia, but it will save you the hassle of having to reclaim overpayments from your old provider later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Just a tip for everyone currently paying via Direct Debit with their old provider, don't forget to notify your old provider of the move and that they need to cancel the direct debit.

They should give you a Payment ID and Creditor ID to give to your bank to cancel the direct debit (or it can be done using online banking)

The cancellation is all done eventually by Energia, but it will save you the hassle of having to reclaim overpayments from your old provider later on.

Thanks for this, assumed it'd all be taking care of.

Thanks for this, assumed it'd all be taking care of.

It will... eventually... but you will still get Direct Debit charges in the period until the switch over is complete.

You get it back (eventually as well), but I'd rather prevent it leaving my account in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Cannot get past their Payment details step in their registration form. The button to check the bank name stay stuck in "Checking" state forever. Tried with 2 browsers tonight. Javascript error on the page.

Hi Cilar, we are looking into this issue and will try to sort out any problems that we find.

Cilar, we have looked into your issue and have been unable to find any problems in our system. Could you try again today and let us know how you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,906 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Hi Captain Moragn, it is likely that Electric Ireland were estimating your meter read due to previous usage. We will only bill from the date of your application and on the meter read you supplied. You should contact Electric Ireland to resolve this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

@EnergiaRep
    I just signed up last week online but the welcome letter I got just mentions a 16% discount on electricity and 15% on gas?

• Advertisement

Did you input the promo code when you signed up online?

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    @EnergiaRep
    I just signed up last week online but the welcome letter I got just mentions a 16% discount on electricity and 15% on gas?

Did you use the promo code though? - http://www.moneyguideireland.com/energia-promotional-code.html

Ring them they will probably give you it anyway .

Cilar, we have looked into your issue and have been unable to find any problems in our system. Could you try again today and let us know how you get on?

When inputting "Bank Of Ireland" or "Boi" as the bank name, and clicking check, it just keeps saying to type in a bank name and click check. It does not let go to the final step. Same problem tonight.

Did you input the promo code when you signed up online?

Yep I was told the promo code discount was applied

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Yep I was told the promo code discount was applied

Hi Saint_Mel if you send on your contact details through Private Message we can get a member of our team to contact you to resolve your problem.

Cilar wrote: »
    When inputting "Bank Of Ireland" or "Boi" as the bank name, and clicking check, it just keeps saying to type in a bank name and click check. It does not let go to the final step. Same problem tonight.

Hi Cilar sorry to hear its still not working for you, this is the first time this kind of problem has been reported to us. We are taking a in depth look to try and resolve this.

Hi Cilar sorry to hear its still not working for you, this is the first time this kind of problem has been reported to us. We are taking a in depth look to try and resolve this.

It worked tonight - things I did differently, not sure whether any of these caused the problem:
    Removed spaces in the IBAN, typed manually IBAN, BIC rather than copy pasting, put my last name only in the bank account to reduce amount of characters, used IE 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm moving into my new house tomorrow. The power has been cut so I will need to pay a re-connection fee. Am I right in saying I can go with any supplier once I get it reconnected?

I am looking for the best deal Electricity and gas and I will be happy to go DD and online billing (maybe even a >+1 year contract).

What is my best option?

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm moving into my new house tomorrow. The power has been cut so I will need to pay a re-connection fee. Am I right in saying I can go with any supplier once I get it reconnected?

I am looking for the best deal Electricity and gas and I will be happy to go DD and online billing (maybe even a >+1 year contract).

What is my best option?

The Energia dual fuel deal with the promo code SAVEME is currently the best price (for average usage) - see http://www.moneyguideireland.com/energia-promotional-code.html

You might have to contect ESB Networks (1850 372 757) about reconnection - but Energia might do that for you if you go with them. Depends how long it has been disconnected. ESB Networks are not tied to Electric Irelnd - so don't let them try and say you have to go with Electric Ireland

• Advertisement

Hi Saint_Mel if you send on your contact details through Private Message we can get a member of our team to contact you to resolve your problem.

PM Sent

Advertisement