Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Energia dual rate [18% off Elec & 17% off of Gas]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Just stick the following into the promotional code online at energia.ie

saveme

worked for my Dad on Saturday.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Crap - just signed up to their 17% & 16% deal

My cooling off period is over too so can't cancel & re-apply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Is Energia the cheapest on the market at the moment for gas and electric ?

What are they like to deal with ? Can't say I have come across them before.

yes they are the cheapest
    they are good to deal with
    they also have an app you can submit readings with for elec and gas.

they respond quickly to queries by email.
    cannot fault them.
    been with them 3 or 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

We are on level pay with bord gais, but have about €200 credit now because they havent been calculating it properly.
    If we switch to energia what happens to this credit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

I am with Electric Ireland on Value Saver plan, how would this compare if I switched over for just electric as I dont use gas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

Barr wrote: »
    Is Energia the cheapest on the market at the moment for gas and electric ?

They are cheapest if you get gas and elec off them (for average usage) . Not a massive saving - Some figures here http://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-and-gas-cheapest-combined-prices.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Dredd_J wrote: »
    We are on level pay with bord gais, but have about €200 credit now because they havent been calculating it properly.
    If we switch to energia what happens to this credit?

They'll send you out a letter to say you're in credit and then you can give them a buzz and they'll post you out a cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Dredd_J

GoodBridge wrote: »
    They'll send you out a letter to say you're in credit and then you can give them a buzz and they'll post you out a cheque.

Thanks.
    I rang them today to ask them and said we wanted to go to Energia and they gave me a discount for a year that makes it more or less the same price as Energia. Think we'll leave it as it is for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

During online sign-up there is an option to enter promo code. Anyone have one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

soirish wrote: »
    During online sign-up there is an option to enter promo code. Anyone have one?

It's on this thread, and it's also on the energia site

saveme

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Davy wrote: »
    It's on this thread, and it's also on the energia site

saveme

Thanks! As explained above the code works only for gas+electricity customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭John C 1981

soirish wrote: »
    Thanks! As explained above the code works only for gas+electricity customers.

There is another couple of codes that will work on the Energia site:

If, like me, you do not have a gas supply to the house, the offer from Energia is for their standard rate minus 15%.

I did a quick search for some codes that might improve this and found that for their existing business customers, they offer 16% off their standard rate. To use this offer, simply enter the code ENER16 into the box.

I decided to have a play around with it and thought that if 'ENER16' got me 16% off the standard rate, maybe 'ENER17' would get me 17% off the standard rate. It works.

So, in short, ENER17 will get you 17% off the standard electricity rate without also signing up for gas.

My apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Peace & love,

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Considering going for the Energia promo.

I take it the deal is only for a year, any idea what their rates are like normally compared to Bord Gais (I have dual fuel with BG)?

Also is it easy enough to move from them at the end of the year if I decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

mrcheez wrote: »
    Considering going for the Energia promo.

I take it the deal is only for a year, any idea what their rates are like normally compared to Bord Gais (I have dual fuel with BG)?

Also is it easy enough to move from them at the end of the year if I decide?

I'm with Electric Ireland for both fuels. Rang them to enquire about my a/c and found out that I was on standard (non-discounted) rate 17.01 cent per unit for electricity and 5.297 cent per unit for gas - they offerred me 12% reduction for both (14.6 for elect, 4.66 for gas). It's not as good as the Energia offer (discounted rate is 13.93 for elect and 4.4 for gas) but I took it anyway - good for 12 months and should save me around €210.

I might try the same and see if BG can match offer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We run the gas off the electricity and the electricity off the gas and we save two hundred pounds a year!

we save two hundred pounds a year!

so that's approx 250 euro/year?

Nice .. looking to do the same although would prefer to keep it under one company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Mike1961 wrote: »
    I'm with Electric Ireland for both fuels. Rang them to enquire about my a/c and found out that I was on standard (non-discounted) rate 17.01 cent per unit for electricity and 5.297 cent per unit for gas - they offerred me 12% reduction for both (14.6 for elect, 4.66 for gas). It's not as good as the Energia offer (discounted rate is 13.93 for elect and 4.4 for gas) but I took it anyway - good for 12 months and should save me around €210.

The standing charge is higher with Energia than Electric Ireland. This needs to be factored in when considering which company offers one the better rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

How does this compare with Airtricity. I signed up for 10% off last week but think there is 14 day cooling off period,

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 43 Verified rep Energia Rep

Hi mrcheez

All our price plans and promotions are subject to a one year contract. Our standard unit rates are 16.99c for electricity (24 hr urban rate) and 5.29c for gas.

Once your year is up, you are free to move to another provider if you wish.

JTMan wrote: »
    The standing charge is higher with Energia than Electric Ireland. This needs to be factored in when considering which company offers one the better rate.

Checked bonkers.ie and the standing charge is between 10 and 20 euro more per year (compared to Elec Ireland / Bord Gais), but I guess if you save a couple of hundred on the bills that is an acceptable difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Im with electric Ireland for both, having switched over my gas to them last friday for an 8% discount. I may go for this energia offer so can I cancel electric Ireland after switching last week? Is there a cooling off period?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Hi mrcheez

All our price plans and promotions are subject to a one year contract. Our standard unit rates are 16.99c for electricity (24 hr urban rate) and 5.29c for gas.

Once your year is up, you are free to move to another provider if you wish.

A bit confused about the pricing.

I am with Electric Ireland for both gas and electricity and seem to be paying unit rates of 5.297 and 16.99 respectively.

Don't see where there would be a saving in moving to Energia ?

Techless wrote: »
    A bit confused about the pricing.

I am with Electric Ireland for both gas and electricity and seem to be paying unit rates of 5.297 and 16.99 respectively.

Don't see where there would be a saving in moving to Energia ?

they are teh standard prices, and not the discounted prices you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

so that's approx 250 euro/year?

Nice .. looking to do the same although would prefer to keep it under one company.

It's a Father Ted quote. ;)

Just so I'm clear, is the "18% off Elec / 17% off Gas" called "SaveMe Dual Fuel"?

As featured on: http://www.bonkers.ie/provider-directory/energia/ ?

EDIT: Just rang them.. yep the deal that's on until 31st Aug is the "SaveMe Dual Fuel"

I've summarised it here if anyone needs it (comparing BG / ElecIreland / Energia).. the BG prices are relevant to my situation if I were to switch to their 10% Gas / 7% Electricity.. hence the large standing charge!

Electric Ireland (Dual ValueReward (Direct Debit & Online Billing))

Electricity:
    16.99 cent
    €139.62 standing charge

Gas:
    5.290 cent
    €91.72 standing charge

Bord Gais (Changing to 10% off Gas + 7% off Electricity)

Electricity:
    16.90 cent
    €149.41 standing charge

Gas:
    5.68 cent
    €109 standing charge

Energia (SaveMe Dual Fuel)

Electricity:
    15.81 cent
    €158.05 standing charge

Gas:
    4.993 cent
    €91.76 standing charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The Energia offer is the cheapest dual fuel offer at the moment - it's even cheaper than going with separate suppliers for gas + electricity.
    See- http://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-and-gas-cheapest-combined-prices.html

PS - The offer ends this weekend .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I've summarised it here if anyone needs it (comparing BG / ElecIreland / Energia).. the BG prices are relevant to my situation if I were to switch to their 10% Gas / 7% Electricity.. hence the large standing charge!

Electric Ireland (Dual ValueReward (Direct Debit & Online Billing))

Electricity:
    16.99 cent
    €139.62 standing charge

Gas:
    5.290 cent
    €91.72 standing charge

Bord Gais (Changing to 10% off Gas + 7% off Electricity)

Electricity:
    16.90 cent
    €149.41 standing charge

Gas:
    5.68 cent
    €109 standing charge

Energia (SaveMe Dual Fuel)

Electricity:
    15.81 cent
    €158.05 standing charge

Gas:
    4.993 cent
    €91.76 standing charge

Thanks for the summary. Electric Ireland are quoting me as follows to retain me, provided I sign up for direct debit
    Electricity:
    14.97 cent
    33.70 per day standing charge

Gas:
    4.661 cent
    22.14 per day standing charge

I'm a bit confused by how their per-day standing charge relates to the ones you quoted above?

But otherwise, it looks like a good deal, as I'd have to sign up for DD with Energia anyway, and I avoid the hassle/paperwork of switching.

Advertisement