Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Womens attitudes to previous sexual encounters see mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Magaggie wrote: »
    eh, who's having sex with these women?

Different men, not the same man.

paddy1990 wrote: »
    A good looking girl just has to install tinder on her phone and go shopping for guys. She could have sex any night of the week. Most of the girls who would argue against this are simply not good looking enough to be able to pull hot guys whenever they want.

The reverse is true as well by the way. I'm a good looking guy (work for a modelling agency) and get about 3-5 messages a day on my POF online account and get swiped by girls on tinder all the time. I could actually employ a secretary to sort out all the women messaging me. So it works both ways. The only people who complain I think, are less attractive and unable to live this lifestyle as a result. Your looks dictate where you are on the dating spectrum... it's call darwinism. Once you're good looking, you have no problems with dating and can have sex whenever. Most people who think they are good looking are actually not and probably barely above average, if that.

You just saved me the bother...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Don't argue with the man, he's really good-looking and works as a model; he's told us so in about 5 posts already.

Edit: 6 posts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 245 ✭✭paddy1990

py2006 wrote: »
    You just saved me the bother...

I'm actually quite good looking and in fairness, I get paid because of my looks (work as a model). I'm not being arrogant, just stating my point of view, which I would have thought would be an interesting take but if it's not wanted, i have no problem with butting out of these conversations.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

people can change

• Advertisement

I'm actually quite good looking and in fairness, I get paid because of my looks (work as a model). I'm not being arrogant, just stating my point of view, which I would have thought would be an interesting take but if it's not wanted, i have no problem with butting out of these conversations.

I bet your a fat 50 year old with hair everywhere except your head.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The concept of hypergamy is seen everywhere in the animal kingdom, including our nearest genetic relatives - the female choosing the superior/best male she can get and a lot of times the top males are the ones that reproduce. I don't think humans are much different to be honest.
    I'll bet the farm you never heard of hypergamy before PUA/MRA sites came along. It doesn't mean quite what you think it means either. Not only that "our nearest genetic relatives" the great apes have a very different set of mating and reproduction strategies to humans. Secondly and contrary to popular among some, even "alpha male" silverback gorillas, the head of their own harem are regularly cuckolded by "beta males" who sneak in. Chimps are pretty much a free for all.
    There are plenty of average looking guys that would have sex with most women but women tend to go for guys "above them".
    The research doesn't back this up. Most men and women tend to get with very similar of background, social status and appearance. About the only selected for difference is immune system response. Those women who select for "above" themselves are usually only doing so in the looks dept. IE good looking woman with not so good looking man, but the man is higher in the food chain socially. While male looks in purely visual environments like online dating and even niteclubs is a major attractant, in other environments male looks are far less important(within reason of course). This all varies with culture too. In poorer cultures where resources are limited and where women are more second class citizens you'll see far more older richer men with younger poorer but good looking women. In more socially equal societies this is rarer and even frowned upon.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I'll bet the farm you never heard of hypergamy before PUA/MRA sites came along. It doesn't mean quite what you think it means either. Not only that "our nearest genetic relatives" the great apes have a very different set of mating and reproduction strategies to humans. Secondly and contrary to popular among some, even "alpha male" silverback gorillas, the head of their own harem are regularly cuckolded by "beta males" who sneak in. Chimps are pretty much a free for all.

The research doesn't back this up. Most men and women tend to get with very similar of background, social status and appearance. About the only selected for difference is immune system response. Those women who select for "above" themselves are usually only doing so in the looks dept. IE good looking woman with not so good looking man, but the man is higher in the food chain socially. While male looks in purely visual environments like online dating and even niteclubs is a major attractant, in other environments male looks are far less important(within reason of course). This all varies with culture too. In poorer cultures where resources are limited and where women are more second class citizens you'll see far more older richer men with younger poorer but good looking women. In more socially equal societies this is rarer and even frowned upon.

I heard of hypergamy in some science books I've read, probably The Red Queen but it's been mentioned in many. I don't read PUA or MRA sites because the guys on them are probably coming from a bad place and giving terrible advice. I don't need to listen to any advice on how to pull women as I'm quite successful so I was never drawn to those kinds of sites. You proved my point in that the so called "beta" males have to "sneak in" and you're wrong on chimps, generally male rank typically predicts male chimpanzee reproductive success.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19498952

It's not important though and not a subject we are both enthusiastic to get into. I agree with some of the remainder of your post and disagree with other parts of it but we can definitely agree to disagree. Your post was well written and I respect your views but unfortunately my experiences and what I have observed don't gel with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I'd imagine that the growth of social media has been bad for guys that are average or below average though.

I disagree. I think if anything it has helped. There are lots of average or below average looking people from both genders using on online dating sites for example. It's just another avenue to meet people. Same with facebook. Any women I've met in the last 5 years has been through the internet in one form or another. And only one of those women was through POF.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭h.bolla

Wibbs wrote: »
    The research doesn't back this up. Most men and women tend to get with very similar of background, social status and appearance. About the only selected for difference is immune system response. Those women who select for "above" themselves are usually only doing so in the looks dept. IE good looking woman with not so good looking man, but the man is higher in the food chain socially.

Wibbs. I do agree with you in general. And maybe Im wrong here, but I think you're looking at this from a point of settling down for marraige and I think Paddy is looking at it from girls in night clubs- in which case, in my own opinion, I think Paddy is probably right in that in nightclubs a handful of lads will have their pick while the majority will play the numbers game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Privileged White Male

I love how defensive women get in these threads. Fact is getting laid is the easiest thing in the world for a woman. Just get pretty and stand at the bar. Even gross fat girls will get plenty of attention. You have total control in this aspect of life.

For a man, even if your tall and handsome and have a great personality, its hard work getting some tail. I'm not even mad, if I was a woman I'd take total advantage of it.

I love how defensive women get in these threads. Fact is getting laid is the easiest thing in the world for a woman. Just get pretty and stand at the bar. Even gross fat girls will get plenty of attention. You have total control in this aspect of life.

For a man, even if your tall and handsome and have a great personality, its hard work getting some tail. I'm not even mad, if I was a woman I'd take total advantage of it.

You'd be a privileged white female. ;)

I'm always wary of people who describe themselves as good looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I'm always wary of people who describe themselves as good looking.

What if they described themselves as average or ugly?

Saipanne wrote: »
    What if they described themselves as average or ugly?

They usually say that so that people correct them or not to come across as arrogant. I'd rather say I was average than ugly or good looking. But I'm probably ugly :o:(

I'm very good looking but I'd never say that. NEVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

They usually say that so that people correct them or not to come across as arrogant. I'd rather say I was average than ugly or good looking. But I'm probably ugly :o:(

Who cares what people think? All that matters is your own self image. I'm happy with how I look, I've been dealt a good hand. I don't care whether people find that arrogan or even if they disagree with my own assessment. I'm happy.

Anyway, back to the morality of gang bangs, etc. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I heard of hypergamy in some science books I've read, probably The Red Queen but it's been mentioned in many. I don't read PUA or MRA sites because the guys on them are probably coming from a bad place and giving terrible advice. I don't need to listen to any advice on how to pull women as I'm quite successful so I was never drawn to those kinds of sites. You proved my point in that the so called "beta" males have to "sneak in" and you're wrong on chimps, generally male rank typically predicts male chimpanzee reproductive success.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19498952

It's not important though and not a subject we are both enthusiastic to get into. I agree with some of the remainder of your post and disagree with other parts of it but we can definitely agree to disagree. Your post was well written and I respect your views but unfortunately my experiences and what I have observed don't gel with them.

I thought this was a thread about womens attitudes to previous sexual encounters. Nobody told me it had changed to "I am Paddy. I am hot. Look at me. Look. Look. Look."

I must be ugly, because I consider myself to be above average. Yet, I have a gorgeous wife, so that would contadict darwinism :pac:

Seriously though. Total BS is what I am reading here. In the real world, it takes more than a sleazy online profile, with a few select "modelling" snaps to be successful with women, unless you're purely aiming for the night club variety, in which case, i can confirm that while looks help, it's got way more to do with confidence. A good looking guy staring into his Heineken all night, will wake up alone. The average guy, having a good time and chatting up girls he fancies will likely wake up with foundation on his pillow.

Saipanne wrote: »
    Anyway, back to the morality of gang bangs, etc. :-)

If I had a euro for every time I heard that...!

goz83 wrote: »
    In the real world, it takes more than a sleazy online profile, with a few select "modelling" snaps to be successful with women, unless you're purely aiming for the night club variety, in which case, i can confirm that while looks help, it's got way more to do with confidence.

And here is where you are wrong.

For example I went on a bit of a spree a few months ago and had sex with 7 women in 2 weeks. All of whom had messaged me first based on my looks. All of whom I met up with close to my apartment (near Camden St.) had a few drinks and went back to mine eventually. Very attractive young girls, 3 of them in their mid 20s with professional jobs and the rest were in college, one of them a medical student.

Now you don't have to believe me but I'm telling the truth here. ALL of these women pursued me. I could do this very often if I wanted to but I'm happy with the girls I have currently.

I realize this comes across as bragging, especially as its so outside of the reality of some guys here but it is what it is.

• Advertisement

I realize this comes across as bragging, especially as its so outside of the reality of some guys here but it is what it is.

“Who knows himself a braggart, let him fear this, for it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.” ― William Shakespeare

“Who knows himself a braggart, let him fear this, for it will come to pass that every braggart shall be found an ass.” ― William Shakespeare

It's not bragging though, it's just relaying the facts of what happens, that's my point. A guy was complaining about women having it easy and I was just saying that it goes both ways. The problem is, only a select few guys at the top, who have looks/status/fame/power/etc etc (one of these), are in the position to really benefit. So the guy who was proclaiming that women had it easy and men had it hard was wrong. *Some* women and men have it easy and *some* have it hard. I agree with the guy who said that there is a top percentage of men who have sex with a large percentage of women.

So, I think I've made all the points I wanted to make and I'm out of this thread!

So, I think I've made all the points I wanted to make and I'm out of this thread!

we will miss you and your looks. ciao!

And here is where you are wrong.

For example I went on a bit of a spree a few months ago and had sex with 7 women in 2 weeks. All of whom had messaged me first based on my looks. All of whom I met up with close to my apartment (near Camden St.) had a few drinks and went back to mine eventually. Very attractive young girls, 3 of them in their mid 20s with professional jobs and the rest were in college, one of them a medical student.

Now you don't have to believe me but I'm telling the truth here. ALL of these women pursued me. I could do this very often if I wanted to but I'm happy with the girls I have currently.

i salute your ability and you may as well take advantage of whats on offer, but nothing lasts forever man.

Does anyone not think it is childish that we are having a discussion about how many women a man can pull? In the words of zoolander: There is more to life than being really really good looking.

I'm beginning to think Paddy is Cormac from Tallafornia.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think Paddy is Cormac from Tallafornia.

doesnt he drive a taxi:pac:

8c60311dc9987821947bec8e08b2c8ace471a2a187da9ccfbb2062f4ab477236.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

There was refuting the way you said ONE woman "shows" how easy it is for women to get "tail".
    Here's a great post in response to that angry attitude: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91261197&postcount=560
    And also it's obviously bollocks to say women only want a **** and men only want something meaningful. It depends on the individual and you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Well I think most average looking women can and do have sex with guys that are above average looking and that's what they are aiming for. They are generally not going to "settle" for an average guy, even if they are an average girl themselves. The concept of hypergamy is seen everywhere in the animal kingdom, including our nearest genetic relatives - the female choosing the superior/best male she can get and a lot of times the top males are the ones that reproduce. I don't think humans are much different to be honest. There are plenty of average looking guys that would have sex with most women but women tend to go for guys "above them". The amount of average or below average looking girls that try to get chatting to me on tinder/pof and in real life is staggering. Thankfully I also get tons of attention from girls that are very attractive. The sad thing is, I have friends that are average looking or a bit below and they really struggle with women and they are aiming for girls that are "on their level" so to speak (using the term loosely) in terms of looks/status/career etc, so it does seem to me that women tend to have higher standards than men.

For guys like me, tinder and POF are a godsend. If you're a good looking guy, you'll never have any issues. I'd imagine that the growth of social media has been bad for guys that are average or below average though. The rich get richer etc (in terms of good looking guys getting more and more women). I really do feel for my close guy friends that are really struggling though. If I showed them my Tinder they'd probably have a heart attack!
    To say average-looking men have a hard time getting together with women is a laughable lie. "Average" by its very nature means how most of the population looks, and most of the population ends up with someone.

Women experience rejection and heartbreak too - any women. There's too much resentment towards women allowed on this forum, it's getting ridiculous.
    Women who only go for really good-looking guys no matter how they look themselves (whether that's relevant or not) are possibly confined to a particular type of person/age. Certainly not women I'm familiar with - at any age.

You'd swear there were no men (with any kind of "looks") commenting on women being "munters" et al.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement