Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superlevy 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Cows getting no encouragement here.
    Filling just contract volumes till year end.
    First aut calvings by weekend so will calve a batch and dry a batch in return .

Its the expansion group that will cause me the biggest headache next feb/march
    Was hoping to be slightly under to soak that up . Bfat reference making up 2/3 of over quota atm .

Might get v lazy christmas week and all jan and feck the liq quota .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

Have u minimum winter targets to be met in order to stay in liquid/winter milk scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

Milked out wrote: »
    Have u minimum winter targets to be met in order to stay in liquid/winter milk scheme?

Daily volume in liquid . Small winter scheme pot here . Value in euros divided at relevant monthly rate on any surlpus litres until used up. Could get 3 different milk prices in the one month iykwim

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭mf240

What a dick. He must have sh1t for brains. I'm milking OAD since the 1st of oct, will hopefully not have my own quota full until mid march. I'll still be around 40000L over, but at least I'm trying. Guys like him are fcuking it up for everyone

Its his own business how much he wants to gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Brown Podzol

mf240 wrote: »
    Its his own business how much he wants to gamble.

It is, but recklessness like that could become other people's business very quickly in the form of unpaid bills etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

What a dick. He must have sh1t for brains. I'm milking OAD since the 1st of oct, will hopefully not have my own quota full until mid march. I'll still be around 40000L over, but at least I'm trying. Guys like him are fcuking it up for everyone
    Fully agree,Farming in fantasy land tbh .Ill be switching to oad in early november as well to save some quota for spring but still reckon ill be full by mid march which i can handle.I can also hold 12 k ltrs of milk in late march which i will be doing as well.I dont think he will be as smug next spring or for a long time after that when he is paying back levy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭stanflt

Reality is that if milk price were to drop sub 28cpl every farmer in this country could consider dumping all of march milk

Now I'm just saying but processors won't like this as they don't care if a farmer is over quota as they still make their margins- different story if their not getting their milk

Maybe they will have to do some sort of deal to pay a% of the national sl

You might think I'm crazy but if Glanbia couldn't get milk in the morning there would be big trouble

Pressure is on coop to keep milk price over 32cpl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

stanflt wrote: »
    Reality is that if milk price were to drop sub 28cpl every farmer in this country could consider dumping all of march milk

Now I'm just saying but processors won't like this as they don't care if a farmer is over quota as they still make their margins- different story if their not getting their milk

You might think I'm crazy but if Glanbia couldn't get milk in the morning there would be big trouble

+1. On the button. If those large processors can't get raw material you'd be surprised how quick milk auctions in the Southern Hemisphere get forgotten.

I'm seeing it here right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

But most farmers that continue to milk wont dump milk and hope for the best. And the processor will continue to get his raw material regardless.

Its a bit like the beef factories.... they'll get their animals regardless of price because you'll never get any sort of majority of farmers to agree to hold back the animals when they are fit

But most farmers that continue to milk wont dump milk and hope for the best. And the processor will continue to get his raw material regardless.

Its a bit like the beef factories.... they'll get their animals regardless of price because you'll never get any sort of majority of farmers to agree to hold back the animals when they are fit

You would be very surprised
    Dairy men have a history of protesting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Dead on, last thing needed is collapse. My post in DFG on same lines

As I mentioned this won't happen if it's going to happen till march- when there is no end in sight and the coop is actually over quota

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Even at 27 or 28 in March, farmers will still won't dump, at that point it may be worth the gamble on on a small percentage that Phil will sort something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

How much is a litre of milk worth in terms of P K and N? I'd say it's like rocket fuel for grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭mf240

Timmaay wrote: »
    How much is a litre of milk worth in terms of P K and N? I'd say it's like rocket fuel for grass?

Ah here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Timmaay wrote: »

:):)
    If you spread it in Dec or Jan, would it be counted as soiled water or slurry?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

personally i think there will be an amnesty after april 1 but i dont think it will be announced before then.that said i wouldnt bet my house on it but i am prepared to risk less than 10% of my quota due to my circumstances and i think it will be set amount per supplier rather than percentage over the country.do ye think its possible to hold the last 3 days milk for everyone both over and under quota or will fellas insist on their milk being collected because they are under quota. ithink but im open to correction that it would mean 2 %to the couintry.if there was any price change in the month those under would have to be compensated

We as farmers should force the coops to give their march price in February also

We as farmers should force the coops to give their march price in February also

Don't understand, do you mean pay in advance or quote price in Feb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

keep going wrote: »
    personally i think there will be an amnesty after april 1 but i dont think it will be announced before then.that said i wouldnt bet my house on it but i am prepared to risk less than 10% of my quota due to my circumstances and i think it will be set amount per supplier rather than percentage over the country.do ye think its possible to hold the last 3 days milk for everyone both over and under quota or will fellas insist on their milk being collected because they are under quota. ithink but im open to correction that it would mean 2 %to the couintry.if there was any price change in the month those under would have to be compensated
    Why should someone on or under quota stop sending their milk to facilitate someone who is gambling on there being no superlevy? I will be on quota on 31st March and have no intention, none whatever, of holding back milk.

• Advertisement

Don't understand, do you mean pay in advance or quote price in Feb?

Quote price in feb- give lads the option of dumping

No point think your getting 30cpl and deliver all your milk and then they turn around and pay 25 cpl

5live wrote: »
    Why should someone on or under quota stop sending their milk to facilitate someone who is gambling on there being no superlevy? I will be on quota on 31st March and have no intention, none whatever, of holding back milk.

Absolutely spot on. Fortune spent on quota here adding 3c to my fixed costs. I'm recovering as much as I can by being collected on last day after pm milking

I get my milk price three months in advance. Why can't the world beating Irish Coop's do same?

Our price is also on an open ticket.
    That means that if price goes up then I get that on top of the quoted base price.

Hanging about in the limbo of "will they, won't they" is a bit last century imho.

Dawggone wrote: »
    I get my milk price three months in advance. Why can't the world beating Irish Coop's do same?

That means that if price goes up then I get that on top of the quoted base price.

Hanging about in the limbo of "will they, won't they" is a bit last century imho.

You can get your price 3 yrs in advance here Fixed price scheme. Last one looking more attractive daily. Index linked also

I don't get hung on price, look after costs that's my job!! I won't spend any more or less regardless of price. KISS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

excellent point,We still dont know what septembers price was never mind current months.Hard to forward plan been always stuck a month behind.Its a point i meant to raise at last arrabawn board meeting,Note stuck in phone so wont forget next time!

I don't get hung on price, look after costs that's my job!! I won't spend any more or less regardless of price. KISS

PRICE IS EVERYTHING !!!!!

Quote from elderly neighbor from many moons ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Absolutely spot on. Fortune spent on quota here adding 3c to my fixed costs. I'm recovering as much as I can by being collected on last day after pm milking
    I thought it was just me:D

You can get your price 3 yrs in advance here Fixed price scheme. Last one looking more attractive daily. Index linked also

That takes up about 1 to 2 hours of my day, every day. Although it's in another sphere of farming.
    Have the same options here of locking in for x amount of time. Thinking of locking in about 30% of my milk production.
    What's on offer from your Coop?

• Advertisement

That takes up about 1 to 2 hours of my day, every day. Although it's in another sphere of farming.
    Have the same options here of locking in for x amount of time. Thinking of locking in about 30% of my milk production.
    What's on offer from your Coop?

No offer on the table ATM. Can't get a buyer far enough up the hill with the falling GDT

Advertisement