Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superlevy 2015

Options
  • 10-07-2014 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭

was waiting for kevthegaff to start this but no sign .... i will be under but close enough on filling it, hows everyone else looking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    was waiting for kevthegaff to start this but no sign .... i will be under but close enough on filling it, hows everyone else looking?

50 to 75k over at current projections... Long way to go yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Timmaay wrote: »
    50 to 75k over at current projections... Long way to go yet.
    I hope you mean litres not gallons there :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Half filled so far but have 14 cows to dry of over next two weeks so that'll help.
    But could end up 80k + over :( having ten extra cows this yr and 20 next spring make a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,076 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Jaysus. Lads going 60 to 80 k over is goingvto fairly cripple ye,take action now ,don't be sidetracked by good milk price at the moment.personally will be over but by 15 k max I reckon.

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Jaysus. Lads going 60 to 80 k over is goingvto fairly cripple ye,take action now ,don't be sidetracked by good milk price at the moment.personally will be over but by 15 k max I reckon.

Ah I plan on . we've already sorted out money until may milk cheque comes in so well get by.
    Never imagined id fill so much of my quota so quick

• Advertisement

Permier cat 1 lads got away with 60k this yr!

I wonder has Coveny got a deal done on the B.fat adjustment and keeping it under rmwraps so lads don't go nad?

lads got away this year fair enough but what id b worried about is the fact that we are so far over through peak months,Last year it was september /october before the crap hit the fan.Been so far over at peak would have to be a worry and also the fact that most lads will be calving down extra next spring.on the butterfat adjustement id be fairly sure a deal will be done but it wil be 23.59 on march 31 2015 before anything will be announced!!!.Was talking to an arrabawn supplier earlier in the week and he is going to be full very early in august,And no it wasnt kev!!

lads got away this year fair enough but what id b worried about is the fact that we are so far over through peak months,Last year it was september /october before the crap hit the fan.Been so far over at peak would have to be a worry and also the fact that most lads will be calving down extra next spring.on the butterfat adjustement id be fairly sure a deal will be done but it wil be 23.59 on march 31 2015 before anything will be announced!!!.Was talking to an arrabawn supplier earlier in the week and he is going to be full very early in august,And no it wasnt kev!!
    Ye that's what I was thinking. They are going to say its not going to happen to stop lads pushing on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

I'd say there won't be a drop of milk collected in the last few days of March. Sure 3 days at the end of March would come to nearly 1% of total quota. Might make all the difference......

• Advertisement

With me it wasn't hugely intentional ha, our average yield per cow this year will be close on 6k, against 5300 last yr, that's just down to improved efficiency, less passengers and much more spring calvers who get fed correctly! Overall we haven't increased cow numbers, we are still 10 down on what we had afew years back at my dad's peak. It's sort of caught me by surprise 2bh, I'm pulling back the meal now anyways, and letting cows clean out stronger paddocks (which I don't want to mow with the dry weather and poor growth).

I can quite easily dry off cows 3wks early and feed milk instead of milk replacer, so I'm certainly not going to panic and pull the plug now. And if it does come to the case that I risk say a 75kl SL fine I'll be making sure it doesn't hit cash flow etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

The thing about this year is there is no coop under

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

also spring 2013 was very bad on alot of farms, thats what kept the superlevy lower for 2014 , nothing has happened yet to lower the supply for this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭frazzledhome

Pushing to fill here. After years of leasing, buying and begging I think I've my levy well paid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭stanflt

On target to be ok
    40k less milk delivered than last year

Cows now on 2kg meal and doing 26litres

Kev hasn't posted on boards in a while has he?? My guess is that he was full a month ago, cows already dried off and kev is off on his winter holidays for 6months :p

what are the other conditions for the hardship scheme, i know if you are locked up there is an allowance? Asking for a neighbour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

what are the other conditions for the hardship scheme, i know if you are locked up there is an allowance? Asking for a neighbour

If you're small you'll get 5k litres

Almost sure its only open for disease this year.you wouldnt want to have alot of extra cows theyre not looking too kindly on it

• Advertisement

the fella i am asking for was locked up last year and applied, he didnt get the allocation til very late in the year, does it only apply for one year? he got alot more than 5k litres afair

Whats national position now , coop is 9% over.I reckon lads filled away the quota while price was good and cows were milking well but will pull the plug early

Lisavaird 9 % over I think country 6.7 and no let up .what are your strategies if you going over.1 nov drying here and no ration despite a couple of drought related grass shortages, just fed a baleof hay and it definatly pulled them in.reckon once a day wont do much for it now unless its a way to get to dry off early.fleximilk is almost non existent

in journal this morning, on 31st august 2014 ireland was 6.4% over quota. At end of September
    Arrabawn 10% over
    Aurivo 3% over
    Bandon 8.4%
    Barryroe 8%
    Centenary Thurles 9.8%
    Dairygold 9.4%
    Drinagh 9%
    Glanbia 7.4%
    Kerry 3.5%
    Lakelands 8.5%
    Lisavaird 9%
    Tipperary 8.0%
    Town of Monaghan 6%
    Wexford 7.2%
    all over quota

in journal this morning, on 31st august 2014 ireland was 6.4% over quota. At end of September
    Arrabawn 10% over
    Aurivo 3% over
    Bandon 8.4%
    Barryroe 8%
    Centenary Thurles 9.8%
    Dairygold 9.4%
    Drinagh 9%
    Glanbia 7.4%
    Kerry 3.5%
    Lakelands 8.5%
    Lisavaird 9%
    Tipperary 8.0%
    Town of Monaghan 6%
    Wexford 7.2%
    all over quota
    Going to be a serious problem for many next april.Met one guy yesterday full late last week and buying dry cow tubes todry off first calvers and rest at end of month,know another who is full since late august,Quota for 70 milking 150 and planning on 180 next year.Still feeding 2,5 kg and going to milk on for winter.Brave man!!unless something drastic happens country could easily be 10% over

Wexford 7% over!! Thats a first and after all the moving around if suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭solwhit2

I will be full in about a month don't what I'm going to do milked on last year and was 90k over and got away with it unlikely that I'll get with it next year .

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭arctic8dave

We're full with about 2 week's. Half the herd dry & the rest will be in another 2 week's. Was in same situation last year and got away with no fine (<350k) but no chance this year.

Jesus lads I'm predicting to be only 20k over, so drying off some cows already, I'm far too lazy to be slaving away in the parlour for no gain, not to mind the huge risk of destroying cashflow next spring when the arse could be totally gone outa milk.

We had the fodder crisis in 2013, next big crisis in my view will be the SL if lads don't throw out the anchors soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

Going to be a serious problem for many next april.Met one guy yesterday full late last week and buying dry cow tubes todry off first calvers and rest at end of month,know another who is full since late august,Quota for 70 milking 150 and planning on 180 next year.Still feeding 2,5 kg and going to milk on for winter.Brave man!!unless something drastic happens country could easily be 10% over

What a dick. He must have sh1t for brains. I'm milking OAD since the 1st of oct, will hopefully not have my own quota full until mid march. I'll still be around 40000L over, but at least I'm trying. Guys like him are fcuking it up for everyone

Advertisement