Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Ok that sound's like a good idea. Never used dreamboxedit but I'll give it a bash anyway thanks. Got freshpots image on the now but can't fill the EPG I will try openATV again then do as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Technofobe

givecredit wrote: »
    BETA OpenATV 4.2 backup Image for Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162
    Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.2 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder structure like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed

Full Feature openATV 4.2 Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets 21st August 2014 version (All unwanted channels removed)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version (Smart dns required for BBC and ITV player) Now includes TV3 player
    Rats Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    rte player
    oscam
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.
    atv2_zps67581920.jpg

Link here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqanomrt5xw6xd5/back_of_e2atv4.2.zip?dl=0

Tried your image yesterday while the wife was out
    it worked a treat had a little mess around and I think it looks very nice
    Did not notice anything unusual & did not have any issues installing
    I did at one point think the RTE stations looked a little darker than the rest but more than likley need to go to specsavers :-)
    Thanks for posting
    I have put back on my backup of hyper 4
    And the plan is to put open atv back on and configure it same as hyper 4 while ( She who must be obeyed) is not here
    Then when Im happy that its set up the same I will convince her the openATV is better
    Cheers

thunda wrote: »
    Ok that sound's like a good idea. Never used dreamboxedit but I'll give it a bash anyway thanks. Got freshpots image on the now but can't fill the EPG I will try openATV again then do as you said.
    Dreamboxedit is very handy
    in settings put in your box IP address and root password
    Do a backup
    edit the backup in the right hand screen just drag the channels to where you want them and right click and remove the ones you dont
    save and do a fast upload which reloads the channell list

In my box I have just 1 boquet wit all my channels in it I dont tend to use autoboquets as it changes around my channels
    dreamboxedit_zpscd924221.jpg

Regarding the issue your having with cross epg
    Make sure in the config screen of crossepg that it it set to save to the hard disk not internal memory

So i can make my own boquets with this and have like a sports,entertainment,kids,movies etc.

the open atv one you linked to I didnt have much luck with yesterday but i'll try again.

So i can make my own boquets with this and have like a sports,entertainment,kids,movies etc.

the open atv one you linked to I didnt have much luck with yesterday but i'll try again.

I have a good working backup of hyperion 4 that i restored yesterday if you want a copy
    And yes you can create your own boquets whatever way you like
    I have just 1 boquet with around 50 stations RTE and sat and never had any issues

• Advertisement

That would be great to try that . I'm in scotland will i need to re-scan or do anything with change of area .

That would be great to try that . I'm in scotland will i need to re-scan or do anything with change of area .
    I would think the sat will be the same but the terrestial tuner will most likley be slightly different as mine is setup for RTE
    Im sure you could look at the tuner config in your current image if your getting the freeview channels see take a note of the settings ( I think its freeview you call the terrestial service ) but once its scanned you can move the channels around to where you like
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebehev1zqu9we2p/Backup%20hyper%204%2027-07-14.rar?dl=0
    unzip and put just the e2jffs2.img and ulmage on a blank usb key into the front of your receiver
    reboot into spark and run the plugin

Thanks I'll try that I've not got an airiel so don't use the terrestial if that's what that means.

How do you do back up in dreambox I couldn't see that option ?

Thanks I'll try that I've not got an airiel so don't use the terrestial if that's what that means.

How do you do back up in dreambox I couldn't see that option ?

Yep if you have no aerial then no need to worry about the terrestial
    setup your IP address of the box and root password
    In dreambox edit click on file and then fast ftp download to backup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Every Image that I install and run AB there is always 2 or 3 channels with no picture/signal So I then do a full channel scan and all is good but the channel list is all messed up on EPG so I then run AB for my area and then run CrossEPG which works but then the 2 or 3 channel's are back to having no picture .

So i have channels without a picture/signal so I do full scan, Do I do a full scan on both tuners and what should the setting be?

After I do a full scan what's the next step so that I get all the channels back in order without losing any again?

What are the 3 channels that are giving you trouble? Using dreamboxedit to fix 3 channels is a bit over the top.

Just run autobouquets for your scottish region. Then find the 3 channels from the full scan you done already. (Press up arrow, Press green, This gives you full channel list, select your 3 channels from here and add to your favourites bouquet.) Job done!

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    What are the 3 channels that are giving you trouble? Using dreamboxedit to fix 3 channels is a bit over the top.

Just run autobouquets for your scottish region. Then find the 3 channels from the full scan you done already. (Press up arrow, Press green, This gives you full channel list, select your 3 channels from here and add to your favourites bouquet.) Job done!
    Where is the challange in that:D no fun at all

Ok thanks for all the help I'm going to try openatv again try the channel add instructins from givecredit just for future proof when i use other images. I'll look into dreambox another time once I get my channels working.

The signals look really low on my channels! Some dont even have a signal next to them so hope it's nothing to do with my Dish. Anyway I'm going to install OpenATV and try again been at this for a week lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'm running champions OpenATV image and for some reason my remote control has stopped working. Every button press gives the warning symbol on the screen. It seems to have happened after I connected remotely with WebIf. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Back to my frequently crashing enigma box... the only thing I may have different to others is that my hard drive has been initialised on a separate Linux box. I wonder if this could be an issue?

I'm sure some of the default settings are different like the block size. I'm debating whether it's worth my while trying to shuffle data around to let enigma format a disk. Could some do that tune2fs -l command on their box?

Also, I see that spark can read an ext2/3 disk, is that ok? or should I set it to NTFS?

spark7162:~# tune2fs -l /dev/sda1
    tune2fs 1.42.8 (20-Jun-2013)
    Filesystem volume name: RECORD
    Last mounted on: /media/hdd
    Filesystem UUID: b15c6aaa-1f11-4092-85aa-c8bf077352f6
    Filesystem magic number: 0xEF53
    Filesystem revision #: 1 (dynamic)
    Filesystem features: has_journal ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype n eeds_recovery sparse_super large_file
    Filesystem flags: unsigned_directory_hash
    Default mount options: user_xattr acl
    Filesystem state: clean
    Errors behavior: Continue
    Filesystem OS type: Linux
    Inode count: 61054976
    Block count: 244190390
    Reserved block count: 12209519
    Free blocks: 154673382
    Free inodes: 61053303
    First block: 0
    Block size: 4096
    Fragment size: 4096
    Reserved GDT blocks: 965
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Fragments per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 8192
    Inode blocks per group: 512
    Filesystem created: Wed Jul 30 20:21:11 2014
    Last mount time: Sat Jan 1 00:00:31 2000
    Last write time: Sat Jan 1 00:00:31 2000
    Mount count: 72
    Maximum mount count: -1
    Last checked: Wed Jul 30 20:21:11 2014
    Check interval: 0 (<none>)
    Lifetime writes: 13 GB
    Reserved blocks uid: 0 (user root)
    Reserved blocks gid: 0 (group root)
    First inode: 11
    Inode size: 256
    Required extra isize: 28
    Desired extra isize: 28
    Journal inode: 8
    Default directory hash: half_md4
    Directory Hash Seed: fbad9a5c-27d4-45cf-88bd-dd275606fb6f
    Journal backup: inode blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

I've set my box up to work outside my local network, changed OpenWebIf default port and have it up and running on external IP.

Is there any measures I can take to secure the box at this stage?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Can anyone help with this,I finally got my hdd working with my AA2,but only now noticed that while I was recording I could not view certain channels,tuner C not working,changed the cables around and even tried just with one cable connected to that tuner to confirmed it was tuner C and all I got was "tune fail",but when I rebooted from E2 hyperionV4 back to the spark image both tuners work fine.I have rechecked my config in E2 (tuner B set to Astra and tuner c set to same as B).Anyone any ideas ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

amd64 wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this,I finally got my hdd working with my AA2,but only now noticed that while I was recording I could not view certain channels,tuner C not working,changed the cables around and even tried just with one cable connected to that tuner to confirmed it was tuner C and all I got was "tune fail",but when I rebooted from E2 hyperionV4 back to the spark image both tuners work fine.I have rechecked my config in E2 (tuner B set to Astra and tuner c set to same as B).Anyone any ideas ??

Portal button, emc, ca01 disabled and you should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 43 amd64

Ca01 disabled,but still getting tuner fail,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Does anyone know how to connect iPad to openatv 4.2 on the amiko alien 2. I saw a video where the person had opened iPad through TV screen.

Thanks

Lee

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

lsjmhar wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know how to connect iPad to openatv 4.2 on the amiko alien 2. I saw a video where the person had opened iPad through TV screen.

Thanks

Lee

I don't know for sure if this is the way to do it, but there is an android app called VU+ player which i use and it works fine. There is an app called VU+ player in itunes, it sounds like it does the same job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BopperSnr

or you may be talking about airplayer app. although I havent tried it so cant say if it works well or not for streaming your iOS device to the screen via your enigma box.

Hi

I have seen the airplayer app at my inlaws house using apple TV. I saw a German video but could not understand it in relation to openatv 4.2. The person may have been using airplayer.

I know you can link in through HDMI and airplayer but thought there may have been another method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

It can be done in spark

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Imstuck

Could anyone help me on how to connect my wifi on the recent openatv image? It finds the router ok but I can't fathom how to put in password etc?

My hd has stopped working in open atv 4.2. Tried to mount again but the image won't let me. Is it a case of reflashing?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Is there any alternative to CROSSEPG? on every image I tried this will not load after a reboot and it brings the box to a halt, Without it the box fly's along no issues at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Is there any alternative to CROSSEPG? on every image I tried this will not load after a reboot and it brings the box to a halt, Without it the box fly's along no issues at all.

CrossEPG needs to be saving to USB, not internal flash

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

CrossEPG needs to be saving to USB, not internal flash

It is saving to the USB I checked all settings and the epg.dat and all folders are on the HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

It is saving to the USB I checked all settings and the epg.dat and all folders are on the HD

You sure if that, what you describe is exactly what happens when you save to internal flash, it even makes the box lock up and freeze and the epg doesn't survive a reboot. Delete the files and see does it make them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

Is there any alternative to CROSSEPG

For enigma2 images you could try Rats Bouquets.

I installed rats_bouquets_latest.ipk by using 7-Zip to unpack it until I got the /usr directory then just dragged and dropped that into the root of the enigma2 installation in FileZilla. Then rebooted and went into its entry in the Plugin Menu.

Flex

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement