Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fortnite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

In fairness 11 kills deserves the w

They were all squad wipes too...I was surprised. Last two had 3 kills between the two of them :( the winner had a single kill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,268 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm enjoying playing this so much. It reminds me of what it felt like playing counterstrike when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Anyone for some squads/duos? Just got it yday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 10year old son is playing fortnite on Xbox.
    Most of his friends are on ps so he doesn’t know many of his own friends to play with.
    It’s working mainly very well but i think one boy is trying g to take over. If my son is in a party orher boy expects my boy to leave and play with him. This boy doesn’t like playing in groups he will be rude until my son leaves party.

If my son wants ti stay in party he will send messages. (This boy started last night. ) We are in Ireland, by his accent this boy is in U.K. and I feel he is younger than 10 and possibly immature..

Is blocking this child An over reaction?
    If we block him can he just create a new profile and find Us again?

My initial reaction was a sure god help him, don’t be mean and leave him out but after the messages, I think stronger action is needed.

I just don’t want to over react

Thsnks fir any help

Just block him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

What do ye think of the new mode? I think it’s ok. The close range hunting rifle battles are a bit tedious. People are employing interesting tactics though. I made it to second last night but the circle was over one of the mountains. The last guy built a huge fort around the top of the mountain and when I eventually made it up there he used one of those pulse grenades to blast me way out into the storm and take the win...

Anyone on ps4 interested in some evening squad games? New or old to the game just looking for some proper people to play with reply on here or PM me your PSN I'd and I'll add you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone on ps4 interested in some evening squad games? New or old to the game just looking for some proper people to play with reply on here or PM me your PSN I'd and I'll add you
    Add me away markcahill1985 - mostly on weekends. Justs end an invite if you see me on :-)

Add me away markcahill1985 - mostly on weekends. Justs end an invite if you see me on :-)

Added you there Mark :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Still cant play it on xbox, because I made account on pss4, when I wanted to see whats the noise about.
    Went to their website and linked xbox account too, but when I try to log in in game it just tells me account is for different platform, cant even try to use different account as game automatically force log in with old details. I guess I will miss out on current fad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Still cant play it on xbox, because I made account on pss4, when I wanted to see whats the noise about.
    Went to their website and linked xbox account too, but when I try to log in in game it just tells me account is for different platform, cant even try to use different account as game automatically force log in with old details. I guess I will miss out on current fad.

That seems odd. I have it on PS4, iOS and PC without any issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

That seems odd. I have it on PS4, iOS and PC without any issues.

Sony hasn't agreed to crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. That's why you need separate accounts for both I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Played for a few hours last night and Monday and could not find one decent squad with Mics. Can be real annoying when playing with random people.
    All my reg squad are on sea of thieves.
    Got another solo win in the snipers though, was nice :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Played a random squad game yesterday and one of my team landed with the dragon chute. To say they carried me would be incorrect, as if I hadn't survived until the end, I wouldn't have been last man standing. Player 3 was my guy, player 2 took him out and was heading my way before the storm took him, #1 Victory Royale. Total team kills was 13, mine was zero :D

I'm in the top 3 and the last 2 guys are trying to build a 1x1 fort higher than the other. One of them stops at 11 stories high and the other is about 10 stories high. Then they start spamming AR shots at each other.

The 11 storey base is closer to me so I run towards it and destroy all the bottom walls with my pickaxe. The rest of the base collapses and the guy falls to his death. Then the storm starts moving and unfortunately for the other guy in the 10 storey base, it's not in the circle. So he decides to build platforms from the top of his base towards the circle. I let him place 4 or 5 platforms before I shoot down the one he's standing on and start dancing while he's falling to his death.

I didn't get either of those kills, but I love hilarious endings like that. Especially the 1st guy. Watching his base crumble from the bottom all the way to the top and then seeing him fall was so satisfying and funny.

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm in the top 3 and the last 2 guys are trying to build a 1x1 fort higher than the other. One of them stops at 11 stories high and the other is about 10 stories high. Then they start spamming AR shots at each other.

The 11 storey base is closer to me so I run towards it and destroy all the bottom walls with my pickaxe. The rest of the base collapses and the guy falls to his death. Then the storm starts moving and unfortunately for the other guy in the 10 storey base, it's not in the circle. So he decides to build platforms from the top of his base towards the circle. I let him place 4 or 5 platforms before I shoot down the one he's standing on and start dancing while he's falling to his death.

I didn't get either of those kills, but I love hilarious endings like that. Especially the 1st guy. Watching his base crumble from the bottom all the way to the top and then seeing him fall was so satisfying and funny.

I wouldn't be so sure about the kills. My teammate shot down a stairway to heaven and I'm nearly sure it said xxx eliminated xxx with a great fall.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I don't know what the trigger is, but you can get credit for such kills. I cut the tower in lonely lodge all the time, great fun but sometimes get a kill credit as well.

I wouldn't be so sure about the kills. My teammate shot down a stairway to heaven and I'm nearly sure it said xxx eliminated xxx with a great fall.
    delly wrote: »
    I don't know what the trigger is, but you can get credit for such kills. I cut the tower in lonely lodge all the time, great fun but sometimes get a kill credit as well.

Yeah I've been credited kills for it before, but unfortunately this time I didn't.

It's definitely a bit inconsistent. I read somewhere that it's something to do with jumping. Like if the guy jumps up just as you destroy the platform he's on, you won't get the kill. In other words, his feet have to be touching the platform the moment it's destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sony hasn't agreed to crossplay between PS4 and Xbox. That's why you need separate accounts for both I think.

Thats the exact issue. I made account on ps4 ages ago to see how is it on consoles, then bought xbox one x. I cant make or play account now, because its ps4 and my email is used for it. Its stupid. I need a brand new email and account just to play fortnight on x box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Sign into your epic account and unlink it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 MARKone84

Hi, is there an Irish Discord channel for PC players by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,873 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finally got my first solo win earlier today, after a heap of top 5s,3rds and 2nd places I finally got there :D

klose wrote: »
    Finally got my first solo win earlier today, after a heap of top 5s,3rds and 2nd places I finally got there :D

Congrats. After the first one, more will follow :)

On a side note, I had to buy the new black space shuttle glider. I told myself I'd never buy a glider, but I couldn't resist the temptation :pac:

It didn't cost me a single cent anyway because when I tried to buy 1,000 vbucks a few months ago for the Season 3 Battle Pass, there was an error and I ended up with 2,000 vbucks instead. I requested that they take away 1,000 vbucks from my account and refund me €10, but they refunded me €20 instead and let me keep the vbucks. So in the end, I got 2,000 vbucks for absolutely nothing.

Got 4 squad wins today. Seems easy when you coordinate with each other and not playing with eegits running after loot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

klose wrote: »

Same, i have only been playing a few days though :D

Slowly but surely learning the importance and how to build stuff, its the only thing i dont like about the game and wish'd they would just offer a non build version :pac:

Yeah i know, fat chance of that considering the name of the game :o

The bullet drop on snipers seems pretty short, having trouble getting hits on the heavy hitting scope sniper :(

Congrats. After the first one, more will follow :)

On a side note, I had to buy the new black space shuttle glider. I told myself I'd never buy a glider, but I couldn't resist the temptation :pac:

It didn't cost me a single cent anyway because when I tried to buy 1,000 vbucks a few months ago for the Season 3 Battle Pass, there was an error and I ended up with 2,000 vbucks instead. I requested that they take away 1,000 vbucks from my account and refund me €10, but they refunded me €20 instead and let me keep the vbucks. So in the end, I got 2,000 vbucks for absolutely nothing.

Nice, i splashed out on the raven skin/glider, had a quick skim through skins and it was by far the best looking one so said **** it, games free, they deserve money, do it. I'm not gonna get this battle pass, only like 1/3 of the season left from what i can tell, ill hang on till next season :D

Got 4 squad wins today. Seems easy when you coordinate with each other and not playing with eegits running after loot

Yeah I’ve started playing with a few lads from work now and we communicate via teamspeak. 75% of squads are randoms that got put together but when you get down to the last 3 or 4 squads they are usually working together properly. We got wrecked earlier by a squad who split into groups of 2 and one group flanked us while the other drew our attention :( that was the first time I’ve seen that level of coordination in this game. Squads is a bit more fun than solos I think, definitely easier to get wins.

nix wrote: »
    Nice, i splashed out on the raven skin/glider, had a quick skim through skins and it was by far the best looking one so said **** it, games free, they deserve money, do it. I'm not gonna get this battle pass, only like 1/3 of the season left from what i can tell, ill hang on till next season :D

The thing about the battle pass is, it costs 950 vbucks/10e. I got this one and I now have 1450 bucks from levels. So next battle pass is basically free and so on. You also get the extra challenges so it's well worth it

• Advertisement

Anyone else notice that sometimes the game lags just as you're about to shoot someone?

The thing about the battle pass is, it costs 950 vbucks/10e. I got this one and I now have 1450 bucks from levels. So next battle pass is basically free and so on. You also get the extra challenges so it's well worth it

oh i know its worth it, im just wondering if its worth it based on the amount of time left in the current battlepass. :confused:

oh i know its worth it, im just wondering if its worth it based on the amount of time left in the current battlepass.

Well you can still do the all the weekly challenges you've missed, so you will get 550 stars if you do all of them. That's 55 Tiers just from the weekly challenges alone (10 stars needed for 1 Tier).

Battlepass costs 950 vbucks, and by Tier 59 you will have earned 1,000 vbucks from rewards. So basically by Tier 59, you've earned back the vbucks you spent. And you also get a bunch of cosmetics, emotes, etc.

55 Tiers just from the weekly challenges alone, so you just need to do a few daily challenges or earn stars from leveling up to get the remaining 4 Tiers.

Aaaaaaand now ive just sunk €25 on the battlepass...

WTB self restraint :pac:

the extra swag and 25+ tiers was too appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Aaaaaaand now ive just sunk €25 on the battlepass...

WTB self restraint :pac:

the extra swag and 25+ tiers was too appealing

Is the battle pass not 10 quid? Or was the rest spent on opening the other tiers?

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    Is the battle pass not 10 quid? Or was the rest spent on opening the other tiers?

The 25 quid one gives you an extra 25 Tiers straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Only started to get into this game a couple of weeks ago, but I love it.

I just play solo, but the elusive win keeps evading me. I get to the last few players quite a lot, and final 3 a good few times, but cannot get over the hump.

My building probably isn't where it should be. I should really go watch some videos for tips or just observe general game play. Watching the match play out helps, though.

Anyone have any tips or resources that they found helped them break the duct and win some games?

Must look into the battle pass stuff too as I've no idea about any of that stuff. I've just the basic starter inventory!

Knex. wrote: »

I just play solo, but the elusive win keeps evading me. I get to the last few players quite a lot, and final 3 a good few times, but cannot get over the hump.

My building probably isn't where it should be. I should really go watch some videos for tips or just observe general game play. Watching the match play out helps, though.

Anyone have any tips or resources that they found helped them break the duct and win some games?

Must look into the battle pass stuff too as I've no idea about any of that stuff. I've just the basic starter inventory!

There was a guide on reddit that I saw

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/85uzd1/comprehensive_guide_on_how_to_win_solos_in/

Didn't read the whole thing since I was already pretty decent at the game when it was posted, but I think it should be of some help to you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

One tip id give about building is this. Unlike other shooting games where the instinctual reaction is to shoot back when you are being shot out, your instinct with Fortnite when you are being shot at is to immediately build

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I learnt most from watching some of the streamers on Youtube play. AlexRammi, Upshall, or OneRustyMachine are all good PS4 players.

It's all in the building and getting the high ground.

Always have your weapons in the same order so you can toggle faster. I always have...
    Medium | Short | Health Or Explosive | Health | Sniper

Move around quickly, never sneak, you're a sitting duck while sneaking. Jump constantly when in open ground.

Try stay on the circle margin rather than the centre. On the margin you will have a good idea what direction players are going to come from. While in the centre, they can come from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 udun

Tbh just drop in places where you'll get into a decent amount of gun fights but not tilted towers. You want to be able to practice your shooting and building as much as possible. Pleasant park, retail row and greasy Grove are all good places.

I see a lot of newer players landing in the most random of places and hiding so that they make it to the final 10/20. That's all well and good but they waste about 15 mins because they never actually win and get destroyed when they come against someone. So try get involved in fights this will improve your overall game. If you land somewhere and die within a minute 15 times in a row it's better than sitting in a bush for the same amount of time. Play to improve and the wins will come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

just saw a trailer for some current affairs programme after the 9 o'clock news on RTE. "The videogame craze Fortnite that is sweeping the nation, Dr So n So is worried"
    Luckily for me I haven't gotten into it :rolleyes:

Any regular Xbox players here. Looking for squad members

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Any regular Xbox players here. Looking for squad members

Im on xbox blanchy090.
    I'm on most evenings but a bit sporadically at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

They were talking about Fortnite last night on Claire Byrne, the usual fear mongering that it is turning young kids in to moody pre teens. There were a few people talking about it positively.

They were talking about Fortnite last night on Claire Byrne, the usual fear mongering that it is turning young kids in to moody pre teens. There were a few people talking about it positively.

I seen a petition on facebook to get it banned, because their children don't do anything else.
    That's not epics fault , it's your parenting skills love.

Any links to Claire Byrne?

It's on the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Gave it a try last night to see what all the talk is about. Tried the Battle Royale solo.

Meh.

Battle Royale is a good idea for an FPS format and I can see how kids and teenagers might like those characters, but those cartoony graphics and the 1990s gameplay wouldn't do it for me.

And how come the whole world was slating EA for some crates and this is built around in game purchases and no ones saying a word? and they aint cheap either.

And how come the whole world was slating EA for some crates and this is built around in game purchases and no ones saying a word? and they aint cheap either.

They are only cosmetic, EA's werent, Fortnite is also free.. EA's are a rip off :rolleyes:

Also another reason they went with the cartoony graphics, is they will last for years to come ala world of warcraft.

Where the likes of PUBG will have to keep doing overhauls to compete :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Vbucks aint free.

Fortnite made 120 million in March before the Mobile version came out, thats from a "free" game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

From what I could see the Battle Royale stuff was free but there were proper priced prior versions. So if you came late to Battle Royale you would have spent already 59.99 or whatever. And while I take your point on cosmetics, my point is kids will want to spend. So not spending may not inhibit your progress but you're still creating incentive to spend - ripping kids off just like EA were accused of.

And to me the cartoony graphics are just that, cartoony. No doubt we will get a lot of cosplay pics on reddit out of it, but I couldn't get into it. And the game and gunplay is like out of something from 20 years ago.

Not wanting to get into a Battlefront vs Fortnite debate but the Star Wars characters will last forever. Edit: And yes, I concede, not everyone has the luxury to buy licenses for a multi billion dollar movie franchise. I can see how the cartoony stuff makes sense that way, but its awfully retro though. And then the game play...

• Advertisement
Advertisement