Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Cross play should already be possible, as far as I was aware for PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Is it worth getting the deluxe founders pack over the standard?

I know it still says free in 2018 but I might just get it now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Is it worth getting the deluxe founders pack over the standard?

I know it still says free in 2018 but I might just get it now

You talking about save the world?

I went with normal, then upgraded to deluxe or a bit higher when it went on sale. If you want to get it now, I would say go with normal. It gives enough crap to get off.
    As for it going free this year. I doubt, game is pure mess and weirdly enough it is becoming bigger mess with each update. A lot of people getting very pissed off with epic for months now.
    Br gets all the attention and money and Save the world is getting scraps.
    Still though, fantastic v bucks maker. I havent spent a penny on fortnite since I got Save the world and bought two season in a row 25 tier season passes. Got myself 2k skin and glider two weeks ago. Still have almost 6k v bucks left.

You talking about save the world?

I went with normal, then upgraded to deluxe or a bit higher when it went on sale. If you want to get it now, I would say go with normal. It gives enough crap to get off.
    As for it going free this year. I doubt, game is pure mess and weirdly enough it is becoming bigger mess with each update. A lot of people getting very pissed off with epic for months now.
    Br gets all the attention and money and Save the world is getting scraps.
    Still though, fantastic v bucks maker. I havent spent a penny on fortnite since I got Save the world and bought two season in a row 25 tier season passes. Got myself 2k skin and glider two weeks ago. Still have almost 6k v bucks left.
    I went for the standard edition last night I only played a little bit but it seems pretty good.

I might upgrade it with the next sale if theres any good deals

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ItsRisteard

It's a good game but getting very bored of it with the new season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

STW is better than BR :D

Srsly tho it is.

Its a shame new players wont have a ****ing clue what to do because the game explains nothing.

Dont trade and play the objective :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is the matchmaking gone to sh!te for anyone else?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    STW is better than BR :D

Srsly tho it is.

Its a shame new players wont have a ****ing clue what to do because the game explains nothing.

Dont trade and play the objective :)

I liked it a lot. Played even more then BR, but the further it goes, the less effort Epic puts in to it.
    It needs a big overhaul, but it wont happen and if they will release this free to play, then it will be a **** show.

In other news: finally got my first season win. It was a squads win, but while game I haven't seen any of my team mates. They all died in early game as all of them landed in different random locations... Killed 3 people including the last player in the end to earn it.
    Umbrella is out of the way. Now I will just play to do weeklies to reach 100 tier. This season will be my break.

I liked it a lot. Played even more then BR, but the further it goes, the less effort Epic puts in to it.
    It needs a big overhaul, but it wont happen and if they will release this free to play, then it will be a **** show.

In other news: finally got my first season win. It was a squads win, but while game I haven't seen any of my team mates. They all died in early game as all of them landed in different random locations... Killed 3 people including the last player in the end to earn it.
    Umbrella is out of the way. Now I will just play to do weeklies to reach 100 tier. This season will be my break.

Much the same as me this season. I'm on tier 30 or so, but mainly focusing on challenges, and I've two solo wins, and a squad win so far.

I am getting annoyed at the sniper challenges. I've not seen a bolt action since I got the challenge, and I've gotten two heavy sniper skills, which is the next tier of that challenge, and those won't count. Going to have to just 50v50 to spam it, which is no fun.

• Advertisement

Just heads up for everyone. New event is out and its bonkers!!!
    Its still a BR, but now there are zombie stones all over the map that spawn monsters. So its some sort of pvpve br now. Gets very hectic and mad, but really good crack if you are a bit bored of usual BR formula.

Save the World is 50% off for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Epic Games have confirmed that Save The World will not go free to play in 2018 and they have a lot of work to do to ensure the game works when millions of people suddenly descend upon it!

Just heads up for everyone. New event is out and its bonkers!!!
    Its still a BR, but now there are zombie stones all over the map that spawn monsters. So its some sort of pvpve br now. Gets very hectic and mad, but really good crack if you are a bit bored of usual BR formula.

Played a few games last night and I really like it. A nice temporary change to freshen things up. Redeployment of gliders is great. It makes going to places like the Castle a viable option now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

With the sale on STW I can't help but feel that Fortnitemare is an effort to tease STW to BR players.

The Halloween mode seems to have the community spilt and I've got to say I don't like it.

I'm considering get STW for my PS4 - I primarily play on the Switch for now. I know there's stuff shared between BR and STW, so if I get this on the PS4, will that content be available on the Switch (I don't mean the game mode - I mean Vbucks, skins, etc that are unlocked in STW and are usable in the BR mode)

I like the Halloween mode but it would be better if you had the choice of that or the normal one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm considering get STW for my PS4 - I primarily play on the Switch for now. I know there's stuff shared between BR and STW, so if I get this on the PS4, will that content be available on the Switch (I don't mean the game mode - I mean Vbucks, skins, etc that are unlocked in STW and are usable in the BR mode)

If you use the same account on both, then I don't see why not.

Nice bug on the Part 3 challenges for Fortnitemares. Supposed to get 150 and 200xp for landing in certain spots. It was giving out 150 and 250 battlestars or 35 tiers instead! Its fixed now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭klose

The prize money at these fortnite Pro events is absolutely insane, goes to show how much they're making from vbuck purchases.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭wardie101

Qucik question...If I get this over in the states, can I add the V bucks to the kids account ?? or do you have to buy in your own country ?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-DualShock-4-Wireless-Controller-Black-Fortnite-Bonus-ContentBundle-for-PlayStation-4/475166096

Get them Save The World and let them earn 5k v bucks a month by playing the game.

Works out cheaper after a month :)

Not sure if Vbucks are country locked like PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Get them Save The World and let them earn 5k v bucks a month by playing the game.

Works out cheaper after a month :)

Not sure if Vbucks are country locked like PSN.

you get 5k v bucks every month just from owning save the world?! or does it require hours of grinding?

nix wrote: »
    you get 5k v bucks every month just from owning save the world?! or does it require hours of grinding?

Well, you will have to actually play the game. Daily quests are 50 v bucks a pop. Daily loggins stack up. Usually every 7 days you get 150 v bucks. Every now and then you get 300-500 v bucks for log ins. Collection book gives good lash of v bucks. Then you have storm shield missions which give you 100 a pop. **** racks up fast!
    Since I got save the world I have not bought any v bucks and oay for extended 25 tier season pass, twice now. Bought few skins and roght now I have 10k+ v bucks left over. Saying this I havent played fortnite properly for at least month. Just do every week challanges to get tiers and go to play other games. Just having a break. Before that I did pretty much each daily quest in save the world. It helped a lot, that game is fun, just really burned out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Can you buy save the world and vbucks with the Playstation plus giftcards?

I dont play fortnite anymore myself, but my nephew is mad into it, so im thinking save the world or vbucks for a birthday pressie.

If its money in the PSN account yeah you can buy it.

ps STW is better than BR

If anyone hasn't set up the 2 factor sign in i would definitely recommend doing it asap.

someone just tried to sign into my account there and it happened last week too

Lads, a quick question.

Can you still finish skin challanges in next season like they did for last season? Or is it cut off moment again when we roll out to next one?

I am tier 100, but taking a break on a grind to unlock variations of skins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi my epic username is

SWEATY YETI 83

SAME AS MY XBOX GAMERTAG

struggling to find people to play this with

Anyone up for games

Advertisement