Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

jamescd wrote: »
    They've nerfed building materials again. 2 weeks ago they made them weaker. Now they've made them stronger. Can't make up their minds :pac:

Before all the nerfs, wood had the highest starting health. Now Metal has the highest starting health, followed by stone and then wood. In other words if you are spamming walls to block shots, metal is now the best since it has the highest starting health.
    The original nerf was far too much though, this change was needed. Walls being sprayed down by a couple of  bullets was ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there account sharing between Android and Xbox/Switch/PC? I know the PS4 is its own entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

AdamD wrote: »
    The original nerf was far too much though, this change was needed. Walls being sprayed down by a couple of bullets was ridiculous

Yeah that's why I said they can't make up their minds since they shouldn't have made them weaker in the 1st place. With the addition of the overpowered SMG's, it was lunacy to then also nerf the buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I’d like to see the p90 removed, pump and tac shotgun damage buffed and the building HP restored to what it always was. I don’t even bother picking up those shotguns anymore. The drum gun beats them both every time and is just as common. I also wish they’d take the grey burst out of chests, I seem to open so many chests with a grey burst, bandages, some mats and then nades are a boogie bomb, so annoying.

I have to say though, despite getting totally wrecked in 95% of my solo games I’m still really loving it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there account sharing between Android and Xbox/Switch/PC? I know the PS4 is its own entity.

I'm on PC and tried the Android version, full share from what I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

delly wrote: »
    I've just heard about it being released on android. I've downloaded and had a game and it brings it to a whole new level of difficulty.

What kind of annoys me, that they will let people with controllers to play android. How is that fair? Its even worse then mouse and keyboard on ps4.

I did not see P9 on the list of supported devices. So I wonder if I even bother checking it.

Just had my first Duos win with my son! He won't sleep for the night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Anyone notice a rise recently in teaming? Got to the last 5 in my first game last night when THREE players came marching around the corner together. Two games later and I managed to ambush two guys that were also obviously teaming.

I think as the player numbers slowly dwindle, and servers are less busy, it's going to be easier and easier for teamers to get in on the same game. I hope Epic have a solution.

• Advertisement

Can't say I've ever seen it. Don't think player numbers are dwindling either

I've played around 700 solo matches and I've ran into teamers only 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

jamescd wrote: »
    I've played around 700 solo matches and I've ran into teamers only 3 or 4 times.

Report any I come across

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Scotty # wrote: »
    Anyone notice a rise recently in teaming?

Seen it this week

Sow it only once in two seasons. Did not had issue with it so far.

On the other hand I think I am getting even worse or kids got just waaaaay better at it.

I know I said I've only ran into teamers 3 or 4 times in 700 games, but I ran into one just now. I didn't even know there was a teamer until I watched the in-game replay. I ended up winning the game with a Kobe (grenade throw), so I wanted to watch a replay of it.

As I was fast forwarding the replay, it switched me to the POV of one of the teamers. I noticed he was just standing still and there was another player within 10 feet of him farming metal from cars. So I went back earlier into the replay and they actually landed together in the same spot and were teaming up from the very start.

They stayed together throughout and got to the Top 10, but then one of them decided to kill the other. Why only bother teaming until the Top 10? Why didn't they just keep teaming until they were in the Top 2, and then one of them kills the other for the win? Anyway, it worked out in my favour since I won the game handily enough. Woulda been a much harder final fight if I was fighting 1 v 2 :p

Haha, you guys think I'm worried about teamers, I'm still trying not to land in the sea off the bus :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Challenges this week are tad easier than previous weeks.

faceman wrote: »
    Challenges this week are tad easier than previous weeks.

Yup, a lot easier. I still manage to do all of them in one sitting, but this one was the easiest. Maybe, because its a first week with no damn explosives challange!!!!!!!! :pac:

I reached tier 100 too, so the only thing left tp get is road trip challange skin. Will be playing a lot more casual now to not burn out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yup, a lot easier. I still manage to do all of them in one sitting, but this one was the easiest. Maybe, because its a first week with no damn explosives challange!!!!!!!! :pac:

I reached tier 100 too, so the only thing left tp get is road trip challange skin. Will be playing a lot more casual now to not burn out.

I do hate the oddball challenges like play golf or time trials. It takes people out of the purpose of the game. Weird logging into 50:50 mode and seeing half the players on a poxy golf course! (Me included!)

• Advertisement

Yeah crap like that, driving through the flames, spraypaint, shooting pigeons can all **** off.

AdamD wrote: »
    Yeah crap like that, driving through the flames, spraypaint, shooting pigeons can all **** off.

Oh that pigeon one was a right whore!

Just need to finish headshots and time trials and done for this week. I've not tried for headshots, but should get that during normal play. I'm work through the time trials tonight and get them out of the way. I'm aiming to hit Tier 85 or so by this day next week, on 73 right now.

So I had 9700 v bucks and I finally bought my first skin!

Some say, he licks chickens to get their power. He once landed in salty to lick plants. All we know, his name is Stig!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,170 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ha, I like that skin. Kind of reminds me of Kill Bill. I'm still not buying any skins though!

What do you guys make of the heavy sniper? I like it. 150 dmg for a body shot and 350 for a head is hefty. Bit less bullet drop too.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ha, I like that skin. Kind of reminds me of Kill Bill. I'm still not buying any skins though!

What do you guys make of the heavy sniper? I like it. 150 dmg for a body shot and 350 for a head is hefty. Bit less bullet drop too.

I transitioned full time to console right now, so all snipers for me are just "wtf am I supposed to do with this thing?!"
    The times I did used it, it was kind of cool. I like how they did made it like an anti tank gun, Barret. Yes, its powerful, but holy crap, half of map heard you take that shot!!!

As for buying skins, I know what you mean. Its my second season and I never bought any as I feel like skins you earned have more reputation, then credit card ones.
    The reason I bought this one: its looks like stig and back bling goes fantastic with rook!!

So what are peoples view on the new points LTM? I have to say I'm really enjoying it once you get your tactics lined up. I'm not an uber builder so do like to forage in the regular games, so this mode suits me well. I've had two victory royales so far, so hears hoping for more.

So what are peoples view on the new points LTM? I have to say I'm really enjoying it once you get your tactics lined up. I'm not an uber builder so do like to forage in the regular games, so this mode suits me well. I've had two victory royales so far, so hears hoping for more.

I personally like it. Its a change of pace and brings different tactics. Poeple are way nore spread out too. And it is fun. Out of 3 first games I played I won 2. I think I only plaued like 7 of them in total and came second twice as well.
    I am working all weekend so had no proper go at it. Still havent even touched week 7 challanges.

One thing about new game mode: I dont think it should count as a statistic win.

One thing about new game mode: I dont think it should count as a statistic win.

Ah don't say that, between this and Thanos mode, I wouldn't have a solo victory I think :D

I went back on last night and it's now switched to duo mode, I still managed a win though with a randomer. The on-screen note of your position and how far behind is done very well, gives you a great view of progress.

• Advertisement

Ah don't say that, between this and Thanos mode, I wouldn't have a solo victory I think :D

I went back on last night and it's now switched to duo mode, I still managed a win though with a randomer. The on-screen note of your position and how far behind is done very well, gives you a great view of progress.

I am pretty sure that is the reason its there. To let people win. Its definitely too easy to win, if someone crap like me can win twice out of 3 games and I have only 9 proper solo wins in two seasons.
    Still, its fun. Freshs up the usual formula by a lot.

Advertisement