Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortnite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

I need to play a game with a friend to complete the daily challenge anyone want to buddy up pm me, ps4

You can add me if you want mate, celticbhoy27
    Probably won't be on top tomorrow night though

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Lads any tips on how to build fast but securely? I can build quite high and get over people but them seem to be shot down from great heights the whole time....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

columbd wrote: »
    Lads any tips on how to build fast but securely? I can build quite high and get over people but them seem to be shot down from great heights the whole time....

I dont really know what you mean.

In br secret building is not a thing. Its an aggressive style of game where you build to attack someone or build to defend yourself from attack. "Sneaky sneaky sir" does not really work.

Dont build high if you dont have a blan B to go down. I personally never go in to those bob the builder skyscraper fights. If I see it turns to one, I better go down and try to knock tower down.

I dont really know what you mean.

In br secret building is not a thing. Its an aggressive style of game where you build to attack someone or build to defend yourself from attack. "Sneaky sneaky sir" does not really work.

Dont build high if you dont have a blan B to go down. I personally never go in to those bob the builder skyscraper fights. If I see it turns to one, I better go down and try to knock tower down.

Lol think you misread the question shadow. In reply to op since the nerf to buildings it's pretty difficult to build anything secure. The 1x1s are still best but with the nerf they're slot easier to shoot down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

It's been months and I am still a noob lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭klose

Oh boy guided middles are back...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Lol think you misread the question shadow. In reply to op since the nerf to buildings it's pretty difficult to build anything secure. The 1x1s are still best but with the nerf they're slot easier to shoot down.

ooohhh building nerf, what did they nerf exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

klose wrote: »
    Oh boy guided middles are back...

:eek: Great haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

nix wrote: »
    ooohhh building nerf, what did they nerf exactly?

They nerfed the starting health and max health for wood and stone. They basically made them weaker. Now it takes it less hits with a gun/pickaxe to destroy a wall/stair/floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

When your playing on PS4 and come up against players using a keyboard and mouse has to be the most annoying thing about this game at the moment, it's almost cheating.

It's not the aiming that's the problem as I feel the aim assist is very generous in this game but it's their ability to build so very much faster than a pad player. I played this game on PC when it first launched and sometime after then came back to it and made the switch to PS4 as I just wanna sit back with a pad in hand and enjoy the game. It's turning me off the game big time, specially when it's down to the last 5 or so players and then a mouse user is building rings around me, kills me then I watch him go on to win the game with 15 kills.

It's ****ed up mang

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Cheers for the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

When your playing on PS4 and come up against players using a keyboard and mouse has to be the most annoying thing about this game at the moment, it's almost cheating.

It's not the aiming that's the problem as I feel the aim assist is very generous in this game but it's their ability to build so very much faster than a pad player. I played this game on PC when it first launched and sometime after then came back to it and made the switch to PS4 as I just wanna sit back with a pad in hand and enjoy the game. It's turning me off the game big time, specially when it's down to the last 5 or so players and then a mouse user is building rings around me, kills me then I watch him go on to win the game with 15 kills.

It's ****ed up mang

Are you sure this is possible? I thought the only way you could play cross platform is squads or duos with friends?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Are you sure this is possible? I thought the only way you could play cross platform is squads or duos with friends?

He's not talking about cross platform, he's talking about using Keyboard + Mouse on a PS4 instead of a controller. Which is not that hard to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Right, practically all challenges done so far, bar the bugged shopping cart one - I'm having trouble with the stupid grenade kills. What's a good way of getting this? If I knock someone down, can I finish them with a grenade and have it count?

chrislad wrote: »
    Right, practically all challenges done so far, bar the bugged shopping cart one - I'm having trouble with the stupid grenade kills. What's a good way of getting this? If I knock someone down, can I finish them with a grenade and have it count?

There's an explosives ltm mode at the mo. Just play that

chrislad wrote: »

Yup. But they've also recently changed it so that knocking someone down counts. In other words you can knock someone down with a grenade, finish him off with a shotgun and it will still count. I did it in 50 vs 50. Picked up a load of grenades, threw em at a group of enemies and got a couple of knockdowns. I didn't even need to finish them off, my teammates finished them off for me and I still got the grenade kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

jamescd wrote: »
    Yup. But they've also recently changed it so that knocking someone down counts. In other words you can knock someone down with a grenade, finish him off with a shotgun and it will still count. I did it in 50 vs 50. Picked up a load of grenades, threw em at a group of enemies and got a couple of knockdowns. I didn't even need to finish them off, my teammates finished them off for me and I still got the grenade kills.

This.

Thats what I do myself. Farm as many granades in 50v50 mode, then go in to the heart of battle and just spam in to enemy positions. 50% of the time, it works every time. :pac:

All of my challanges done. Usually I manage to do them on thursdays after work or friday.

I think I am tier 81 now and only one more week and ill get Rook!!! My favourite of all the season 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Thanks for the tips. All done now bar the bugged fire hoops challenge. Now to focus on the game until next week's challenges!

New double barrell shotgun added and some minor changes to the map I think, haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Guys , I'm looking for some help please .
    My son has FN loaded on his Xbox and everything was going fine until this morning when he signed in all his Locker and profile is gone . Its as though he is starting fresh in the game . However when we log in using the same profile on PC everything is there .

I'm at my wits end , I've trawled the net for a fix , but nothing is working .

Can any Boardsies help PLEASE ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

sharkman wrote: »
    Guys , I'm looking for some help please .
    My son has FN loaded on his Xbox and everything was going fine until this morning when he signed in all his Locker and profile is gone . Its as though he is starting fresh in the game . However when we log in using the same profile on PC everything is there .

I'm at my wits end , I've trawled the net for a fix , but nothing is working .

Can any Boardsies help PLEASE ???

I think my friend had the same issue. I'll ask him to see how he fixed it. I'll get back to you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I think my friend had the same issue. I'll ask him to see how he fixed it. I'll get back to you soon.

I found this on the epic forums:

"The issue mentioned in the OP is what happens when you unlink an XBL or PSN account from one Epic account and link it to another. Your Fortnite data is saved to your Epic account and does not transfer with your console ID to its new Epic account. This also means the Epic account will have access to its data on PC even after the console account has been unlinked.

If you relink your XBL (or PSN, for anyone experiencing a similar issue on PS4) account to its original Epic account where those skins and progress are located you will regain access to that data on your console. Your console's account will not regain access to that data until you relink it to the appropriate Epic account."

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I found this on the epic forums:

"The issue mentioned in the OP is what happens when you unlink an XBL or PSN account from one Epic account and link it to another. Your Fortnite data is saved to your Epic account and does not transfer with your console ID to its new Epic account. This also means the Epic account will have access to its data on PC even after the console account has been unlinked.

If you relink your XBL (or PSN, for anyone experiencing a similar issue on PS4) account to its original Epic account where those skins and progress are located you will regain access to that data on your console. Your console's account will not regain access to that data until you relink it to the appropriate Epic account."

Ive tried that , when I log into Epic account it shows the option to link XBL account but then tells me "Your Xbox Live account has already been associated with another Epic Games account." . Now when I log in using exactly the same details I all his stuff .

I'm getting game crashes now since the new update (PC). I played for a bit earlier and crashed 3 times. The 3rd crash happened while I was in a Duo game with 9 players left (including us), so I just called it a day after that. Why keep on playing when I can't finish a damn game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Anyone getting bad lag the last few weeks?

Yes. In all modes. It spikes quite badly at times too. I’m on pc and actually gave up playing just now because of it. Got my first solo win in months though.

Couldn't get on to a game at all on the xbox yesterday, itd get to the load screen for the game mode and then boot me out to the xbox home screen

They've nerfed building materials again. 2 weeks ago they made them weaker. Now they've made them stronger. Can't make up their minds :pac:

Before all the nerfs, wood had the highest starting health. Now Metal has the highest starting health, followed by stone and then wood. In other words if you are spamming walls to block shots, metal is now the best since it has the highest starting health.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've just heard about it being released on android. I've downloaded and had a game and it brings it to a whole new level of difficulty.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    I've just heard about it being released on android. I've downloaded and had a game and it brings it to a whole new level of difficulty.

Do you have a link?

Advertisement