Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

May need POM to cover 7 if TOD is out until after Christmas. Can use DOC2.0 or Copeland at 6 with Stander at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

May need POM to cover 7 if TOD is out until after Christmas. Can use DOC2.0 or Copeland at 6 with Stander at 8.

We could but I think out strongest backrow would be POM, TOD and CJ.

Now we're moving Peter and bringing in Dave or Robbie.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Or JOD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I would imagine JOD is the most likely to slot into that 7 shirt.

Could be a great opportunity for Jordan Coghlan to prove his worth.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Or JOD
    Hagz wrote: »
    I would imagine JOD is the most likely to slot into that 7 shirt.

Could be a great opportunity for Jordan Coghlan to prove his worth.

I forgot we signed Coghlan.

Are either JOD or JC a 7, I think Jack slotted in their as a sub last season but doubt he's ready to start a cup game there for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

phog wrote: »

Are either JOD or JC a 7, I think Jack slotted in their as a sub last season but doubt he's ready to start a cup game there for us.

I seem to remember hearing that the reason JC came to Munster was to play 7.

I don't think it particularly matters much if they've played a lot of rugby at 7. It won't be a sharp learning curve for them if they have to slot in at openside and they're both very athletic players as it stands.

Actually, you know what, I don't think Jack O'Donoghue is 6'2. I think it's a mistake on the Munster site. He looks more like he's 6'4 to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Actually, you know what, I don't think Jack O'Donoghue is 6'2. I think it's a mistake on the Munster site. He looks more like he's 6'4 to me.

He's pretty tall alright, maybe not quite 6'4.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    He's pretty tall alright, maybe not quite 6'4.

Yeah, after some research I happened upon an old image probably from his Academy profile and it has him listed at 6'3. That makes more sense.

JackODonoghue.jpg?resize=300%2C300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Did Chamberlain play a lot of his rugby last season at openside?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Maybe Munster could sign an NIQ injury cover after the RWC with the permission of the IRFU. What's McCaw doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Wang King wrote: »
    Did Chamberlain play a lot of his rugby last season at openside?
    Chamberlain???

Jack has played 7 on one or two occasions at 20s interpro level, the first year he played 20s, and slotted in there once or twice but isn't going to play 7 in big games.
    Coghlan its rumoured is to be looked at as an openside but has rarely played there
    He is 6'3/6'4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Sorry, didn't look as it was late, i meant Chisolm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/35175.php#.VciWJL1wbqB

Dislocated hip confirmed for TOD.
    6 weeks of no weight bearing :/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/35175.php#.VciWJL1wbqB

Dislocated hip confirmed for TOD.
    6 weeks of no weight bearing :/

Ouch!!

That's such a terrible blow for him....Seemed to be going really well on Saturday too...

6wks off his feet, then I'd assume probably the same again in recovery/rehab time at least...So back for end of October early November sometime at the earliest...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Him being back by late October or early November would be hugely optimistic, I reckon.

If someone told me he'll play again in 2015, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Buer wrote: »
    Him being back by late October or early November would be hugely optimistic, I reckon.

If someone told me he'll play again in 2015, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Probably fair , I guess a lot depends on the nature of the "collateral damage" to muscles,ligaments etc.

Either way , hugely unfortunate for the guy....

Munster training pics.
    Looks like Bill Johnston might be a late addition to the Academy, or else just involved in training.

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1508079/

http://inpho.ie/assignment/Munster-Rugby-Squad-Training-Monday/i8Ocn4CsAb33-smWz8MGEg..a?ts=-u6J3mpVQPH9507RUq1nXA..a

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Munster training pics.
    Looks like Bill Johnston might be a late addition to the Academy, or else just involved in training.

http://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1508079/

http://inpho.ie/assignment/Munster-Rugby-Squad-Training-Monday/i8Ocn4CsAb33-smWz8MGEg..a?ts=-u6J3mpVQPH9507RUq1nXA..a
    Part of sub academy and just training with the squad I would assume. May be added after under 20s interpros if he goes well in them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Curse of the 7 jersey in World Cup warm ups. Gutted for the guy. And in everything he tweeted today to thank all the medics and hospital. What a gent!

From the IT

Tyler Bleyendaal due to make his first start for use on Friday night.

Copeland, Sherry and Dave Foley are back in camp fully fit.

Denis Hurley has picked up a foot injury and left training wearing a moon boot.

GvdH could also start on Friday night but Sherry is getting a few more weeks of preseason before getting a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭budhabob

From the IT

Tyler Bleyendaal due to make his first start for use on Friday night.

Copeland, Sherry and Dave Foley are back in camp fully fit.

Denis Hurley has picked up a foot injury and left training wearing a moon boot.

GvdH could also start on Friday night but Sherry is getting a few more weeks of preseason before getting a game.

Getting sherry back on the pitch is great. I genuinely feared we wouldn't see him again. Great to see Foley back is brilliant as well. Can't wait for the season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Did TOL arrive injured and is he fit for the start of the season?

RobbieRuns wrote: »
    Did TOL arrive injured and is he fit for the start of the season?

Someone on MFs said he was rehabbing when he arrived in camp

Tyler Bleyendaal talks to Donn O'Sullivan (Limerick Post)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Former Gloucester winger Shane Monahan is currently training with Munster: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20950.php#.Vcojsct0yHs

He barely played for Gloucester last season and suffered an injury in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Former Gloucester winger Shane Monahan is currently training with Munster: http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20950.php#.Vcojsct0yHs

He had been talking about being RWC cover for Leinster but obviously that didn't happen.

He'd be decent squad cover if that's what was needed, wouldn't see him starting much if GVDH, Conway and one or both of Zebo and Jones are available. Might be useful cover at centre though.

Is he better than our current crop of wingers? I can't see the need for him, we've Greg O'Shea in the academy who could surely be tried in a few Pro12 games this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is he better than our current crop of wingers? I can't see the need for him, we've Greg O'Shea in the academy who could surely be tried in a few Pro12 games this season.

He's played 13 a fair bit and also covers 15 if I'm not mistaken, so he's a good experienced bench option for the international periods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

IIRC he was a regular at Gloucester before Humphreys took over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement