Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Realistically looking at the game, Foley had to leave Keats on so he could rectify his mistakes, the next kick will cure him kinda thing.
    If you hook a player when he's struggling it can destroy his confidence, unfortunately because Keats couldn't redeem himself, Foley had to hook him. Probably did it 10-15 mins too late and has probably added to the pressure on Keats now.
    First Munster penalty is going to be interesting next Saturday......
    Tyler B has got to be fave to start at 10 next season after today's showing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Wang King wrote: »
    Realistically looking at the game, Foley had to leave Keats on so he could rectify his mistakes, the next kick will cure him kinda thing.
    If you hook a player when he's struggling it can destroy his confidence, unfortunately because Keats couldn't redeem himself, Foley had to hook him. Probably did it 10-15 mins too late and has probably added to the pressure on Keats now.
    First Munster penalty is going to be interesting next Saturday......
    Tyler B has got to be fave to start at 10 next season after today's showing

Keatley has bounced back from poor games before though, I expect he'll be fine next week.

His all-round game is generally quite decent, maybe Murray could take over kicking duties or would that be too much responsibility on his head?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Keatley has bounced back from poor games before though, I expect he'll be fine next week.

His all-round game is generally quite decent, maybe Murray could take over kicking duties or would that be too much responsibility on his head?

I think Murray is out for a month at least, so next week is a straight shootout between Keats and JJ.
    I can't see Foley starting JJ next week, and everything I saw from Keats in the second half was awful, not even his play which had deteriorated, but his attitude, he could do nothing right and he knew it, his head had gone and there was no coming back from it.
    I'm a fan of his, but I think today was perhaps his worst collapse in a red jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'd have no great concern starting Keatley next week, JJ missed a kick at goal too today and missed two last week.

Injuries to other players might be a bigger issue than who we start at outhalf, Murray, POM asnd Zebo all went off injured and we're still without TOD.

If any kind soul has tickets available for next Saturday can you pm me, please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

awec wrote: »
    Yous can borrow Paddy Jackson for next week if you want. :)
    The fact that jack is still involved in competitive rugby while paddy is now effectively on holidays must rate jack over paddy :-). On a serious note I honestly couldn't believe Foley left keatley on for so long. If you are having a shocker then you are having a shocker. On the 60th odd minute there was a penalty to Munster. In my brain I said take keatley off now and let JJ take the kick. Instead he stuck with ian and what a shocking kick. What did Foley expect. You have to replace as you see it and keatley shouldn't have lasted past the 50 minute mark.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Don't buy that. That applies after one or two bad kicks, but Keatley was awful all day.

Should have been hooked at 60 minutes at the latest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

JJ missed an easy kick when he came on too. It wouldn't have been an easy fix.

ouncer wrote: »
    The fact that jack is still involved in competitive rugby while paddy is now effectively on holidays must rate jack over paddy :-). On a serious note I honestly couldn't believe Foley left keatley on for so long. If you are having a shocker then you are having a shocker. On the 60th odd minute there was a penalty to Munster. In my brain I said take keatley off now and let JJ take the kick. Instead he stuck with ian and what a shocking kick. What did Foley expect. You have to replace as you see it and keatley shouldn't have lasted past the 50 minute mark.

But JJ missed a kick after coming on too. There's no guarantees in sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

JJ missed an easy kick when he came on too. It wouldn't have been an easy fix.
    To be fair, coming off the bench cold in the 72nd or whatever minute isn't the ideal preparation for taking an important shot on goal.

• Advertisement

Worrying for Munster as we face Glasgow in the final is the easy tries we've conceded recently, Marshall's try in Ravenhill, at least two from Dragons last week and at least one if not the two today. You could add in the disallowed try too as we hardly laid a hand on them on the spread it wide.

At times our scamble defence has been excellent but then we just leak yards and scores.

phog wrote: »
    But JJ missed a kick after coming on too. There's no guarantees in sport.
    JJ came on when game was in the balance. Yes he should have got the kick but it would have been a lot easier if a bit of confidence had been shown in him by putting him on earlier.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    He has these blips waaaaay too often to be Munster's starting O/H.

JJ came on when game was in the balance. Yes he should have got the kick but it would have been a lot easier if a bit of confidence had been shown in him by putting him on earlier.

He missed two last week too with no pressure on the result, he also missed them in the warm up last week.

awec wrote: »
    Don't buy that. That applies after one or two bad kicks, but Keatley was awful all day.

Should have been hooked at 60 minutes at the latest.

I don't disagree, but its the only reason to leave him on for so long that I can think of

I thought Connacht had an out half issue. Who is the backup with jj gone in munster?

I thought Connacht had an out half issue. Who is the backup with jj gone in munster?

Keats
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

I hope Tyler can kick for next season.
    rog always got us out of trouble.
    keatley hasn't got that ability ,not matter how much time he is given...

I hope Tyler can kick for next season.
    rog always got us out of trouble.
    keatley hasn't got that ability ,not matter how much time he is given...
    Murray is also a kicker.

Keats
    ;)
    And I thought Connacht had problems :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Good to get the win, don't know how we didn't win that by 20+ points.

At least POC didn't leave TP on a losing note.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Murray is also a kicker.

i wont believe this till he does it in matches and we see what kind of kicker he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

i wont believe this till he does it in matches and we see what kind of kicker he is.

Do you not remember this? :D

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/18459.php

Was he the kicker in Irish under-age teams? That would speak to his temperament, as the pressure is relative to your experience...not as big as an EC game, but the biggest games he would have played in.

Was he the kicker in Irish under-age teams? That would speak to his temperament, as the pressure is relative to your experience...not as big as an EC game, but the biggest games he would have played in.
    Do I get the clutching at straws feeling that we have in Connacht on a regular basis :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Some man for a few men.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Del.Monte wrote: »

i meant more matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭hendo12

Who will replace POC? Surely a world class lock

hendo12 wrote: »
    Who will replace POC? Surely a world class lock

You don't replace the likes of POC

• Advertisement