Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Examiner and MF saying it could be POC's last home game.

MF are getting it from the Examiner and the Indo. The problem with the articles is that the Examiner is saying he's retiring after the world cup, but the Indo is saying he's going to France.

It may well turn out to be his last game in TP, but these guys are making up stories to fill column inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

15 Dan Evans
    14 Jeff Hassler
    13 Ben John
    12 Josh Matavesi
    11 Eli Walker
    10 Dan Biggar
    9 Rhys Webb

1 Nicky Smith
    2 Scott Baldwin
    3 Dmitri Arhip
    4 Tyler Ardron
    5 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
    6 Dan Lydiate
    7 Justin Tipuric
    8 Dan Baker

REPLACEMENTS

16 Sam Parry
    17 Marc Thomas
    18 Aaron Jarvis
    19 Rory Thornton
    20 James King
    21 Tom Habberfield
    22 Sam Davies
    23 Jonathan Spratt

• Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

MF are getting it from the Examiner and the Indo. The problem with the articles is that the Examiner is saying he's retiring after the world cup, but the Indo is saying he's going to France.

It may well turn out to be his last game in TP, but these guys are making up stories to fill column inches.

TBH I don't think he needs to retire. If he goes to France then fair enough, but he still has enough gas in the tank to play at lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,957 ✭✭✭✭phog

Didn't I see his name on the sevens list?

Yes, I think he was selected for the 7s and that's hardly surprising, he's a good player just hasn't got a break from injuries.
    POM and Zebo return!

MunXV v Ospreys: Jones; Earls, Smith, Hurley, Zebo; Keats, Murray; Killer, Guinazu, Archer; DRyan, P O’C; PO’M – capt., Butler, CJ

Replacements: Casey, J Ryan, BJ, Holland, O’Donoghue, Williams, JJ, RO’Mahony

Probably our best team available, TOD is a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

ssaye2 wrote: »
    15 Dan Evans
    14 Jeff Hassler
    13 Ben John
    12 Josh Matavesi
    11 Eli Walker
    10 Dan Biggar
    9 Rhys Webb

1 Nicky Smith
    2 Scott Baldwin
    3 Dmitri Arhip
    4 Tyler Ardron
    5 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
    6 Dan Lydiate
    7 Justin Tipuric
    8 Dan Baker

REPLACEMENTS

16 Sam Parry
    17 Marc Thomas
    18 Aaron Jarvis
    19 Rory Thornton
    20 James King
    21 Tom Habberfield
    22 Sam Davies
    23 Jonathan Spratt

Ardron has been great for them this season and so has Ben John. Think munster have them in the scrum tho, especially when bj comes on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

is this on telly TG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

buck65 wrote: »
    is this on telly TG4?

it's on sky sports too thankfully !! not sure about the welsh language channel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

POC video from TG4

http://bcove.me/7x5ut4h5

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

buck65 wrote: »
    is this on telly TG4?

TG4, Sky Sports and S4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 korec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Danny Barnes has signed for Ealing. They won National League 1 this season to get promotion to the Championship

Interesting to hear JP Phelan, Newbridge College prop. Represented Leinster through grades was offered to Munster but they turned him down. Has been looked at by a few provinces.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

korec wrote: »
    "there’s more nobody-knows in the Munster team than in the Ospreys’ line-up."

Something tells me he's going to know who a few more of them are come tomorrow evening. :D

Go on Munster!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I hope, hope, hope that POM is at 100% tomorrow- the Ospreys back row looks strong and we are already understrength without TOD. I think people may underrate how good TOD has been this season, POM possibly hasn't been at his best but we will need him at the top of his game tomorrow.

Ospreys are a very good side throughout, but Munster are also pretty well-balanced and have improved as the season went on, I think, when Murray & Earls in particular have returned.

But TOD's work rate is unbelievable and Butler isn't really a natural 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Josh Matavesi is prob out, he's looking for a flight home as his missus is in labour

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Tefral

On hols and can't seem to find the info what channel is the match on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,695 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

cronin_j wrote: »
    On hols and can't seem to find the info what channel is the match on?

TG4 and Sky Sports 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

Anyone doing a match thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Heading off soon, it's a must-win game for Munster; at home we really really do have to perform and get a result. Hope it's a good game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭Tefral

Eod100 wrote: »
    TG4 and Sky Sports 1.

Brilliant thanks.. should be able to find an English or Irish bar around here ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Nigel should be feeling extra welcome today anyway. :pac:

Heading off for a few pre-match pints soon. Hopefully we'll have a great game and Munster performance ahead of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Obri1

Lost Sheep think your information on Phelan is wrong I'm good friends with a friend of his. He wasn't 'offered to Munster' he was asked to play Munster A and they were very impressed with him and he has got offers from Munster, Leinster and Ulster and he's on Standby for the U20's World Cup at Tighthead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Heading to this one now, haven't been at a league match for a quite a while, but the changes have made it more interesting. Munster by 7+

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Obri1 wrote: »
    Lost Sheep think your information on Phelan is wrong I'm good friends with a friend of his. He wasn't 'offered to Munster' he was asked to play Munster A and they were very impressed with him and he has got offers from Munster, Leinster and Ulster and he's on Standby for the U20's World Cup at Tighthead.
    Would trust the sources I have but may have heard them wrong.

Going to only my second home Munster game of the season today.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Congrats to CJ Stander and his 73rd MOTM award of the season. If he gets another award in the final, the Pro12 should pay rightful respect and name the award in his honour from the 15/16 season.

There are a lot of great backrows in the Pro12, but he has been the best of the bunch this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Congrats to CJ Stander and his 73rd MOTM award of the season. If he gets another award in the final, the Pro12 should pay rightful respect and name the award in his honour from the 15/16 season.

There are a lot of great backrows in the Pro12, but he has been the best of the bunch this season.

You're not serious? That sounds gammy. :p

Killer was my MOTM. CJ's gift to Webb is a bad mark on what was another great performance.

On next week, apparently Murray is an MCL injury. Williams was great today but Murray is a crucial player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭letowski

At this rate, CJ will probably need to build an extension onto his house. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭ouncer

Suggest after poor performance by keatley you maybe need a new Connacht man. Jack carty available. God ye guys made every effort to lose this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭RecordStraight

ouncer wrote: »
    Suggest after poor performance by keatley you maybe need a new Connacht man. Jack carty available. God ye guys made every effort to lose this game
    Just makes the JJ situation even more infuriating.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jimbo94s

Any available tickets for the match next weekend?? Nothing on ticketmaster. Should be a huge Munster crowd up there!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,509 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yous can borrow Paddy Jackson for next week if you want. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement