Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

tommycahir wrote: »
    Does anybody know if being involved in the Ireland Wolfhounds 7's squad means that the player will no longer be contracted to Munster or available for the pro12 squads, seems a few Munster players been named in the 7's squad this morning. I ask as Shane Layden was released by Connacht at the end of the season (confirmed at weekend) and I spot a certain Luke O'Dea named below...

This would also explain why we have seen Diarmuid McCarthy training wiith the A and senior squads recently, I recognise some of the others from A team or academy updates but don't know much about them..

http://www.irishrugby.ie/news/34621.php#.VVsFNWNgSI4

Alan Bennie (Clanwilliam /Munster)
    Dan Goggin (Young Munster/Munster)
    Gearoid Lyons (Young Munster/ Munster)
    Diarmuid McCarthy (Young Munster/Munster)
    Luke O'Dea (Shannon/ Munster)
    Alex Wootton (Garryowen/Munster)
    it will vary on how long we'll be involved in the 7s and the players will still be contracted to Munster and available for pro12. Lyons, Wootton are academy players and still have time to go. We may see 7s contracts in time
    Bennie is Scottish and has played AIL with Garryowen and has 7s experience before..
    kooga wrote: »
    plus

Assistant referees: Leighton Davies (Wales), Ian Davies (Wales)
    Television match official: Gareth Simmonds (Wales)
    Timekeeper: Louis Cunningham (Ireland)

strange even the AR's are welsh
    Not that strange. AR's working in a team with referee, TMO. Timekeeper is ARCB.
    How many they expecting for Saturday? Surely they'd get near the 20,000 mark for a semi it should really be sold out.
    20'000 would be bigger than most semi finals. Don't see a semi final getting anything near sold out unless maybe against an Irish side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

it will vary on how long we'll be involved in the 7s and the players will still be contracted to Munster and available for pro12. Lyons, Wootton are academy players and still have time to go. We may see 7s contracts in time
    Bennie is Scottish and has played AIL with Garryowen and has 7s experience before..

Not that strange. AR's working in a team with referee, TMO. Timekeeper is ARCB.

20'000 would be bigger than most semi finals. Don't see a semi final getting anything near sold out unless maybe against an Irish side

In the pro 12 the ARs are usually from the home country.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

What do you Munster folk think the backrow will be then?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Chief87 wrote: »
    What do you Munster folk think the backrow will be then?

It sounds like POM is out so I'd probably go for JOD, Butler, Stander. I'm not a fan of Ryan at 6 but I expect they will keep him there and maybe shoehorn JOD to 7.

The backrow injuries are severe right now. POM, TOD, Copeland, DOCII and Buckley are all unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

I don't think Foley will start JOD, who plays 7 will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

12000 places sold in essentially 3 days is impressive. There will be a decent crowd in TP come Sat. I'd wager 5c it'll be a bigger crowd than in Glasgow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

12000 places sold in essentially 3 days is impressive. There will be a decent crowd in TP come Sat. I'd wager 5c it'll be a bigger crowd than in Glasgow.

glasgow holds 10000 only, so if 12000 seats are sold for TP then its going to be bigger

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

aimee1 wrote: »
    glasgow holds 10000 only, so if 12000 seats are sold for TP then its going to be bigger

I know :D

I'd be hopeful of 20,000 at T.P. Nice money spinner for Munster Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Probably pay for a year of saili's wages :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭phog

The highest attendance at a Pro12 semi-final where one of the teams wasn't Irish was 15k in the RDS in 2012 when Leinster hosted Glasgow and Leinster would have known well in advance they had a home semi-final.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

phog wrote: »
    The highest attendance at a Pro12 semi-final where one of the teams wasn't Irish was 15k in the RDS in 2012 when Leinster hosted Glasgow and Leinster would have known well in advance they had a home semi-final.

With a home final in the offing and a weekend in london for the HC final in the same month some people obviously made a choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

12000 places sold in essentially 3 days is impressive.

They should get another 5,000 and walk ups on the day should be decent. So maybe a crowd between 16,000 low side to 18,000 tops. Hope they get more obviously. What a nice little pay day when it wasn't totally expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,156 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Didn't receive my tickets from Ticketmaster yet for the semi final. I didn't select print them off because I prefer to have the real ticket. What should I do ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ring them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Didn't receive my tickets from Ticketmaster yet for the semi final. I didn't select print them off because I prefer to have the real ticket. What should I do ?

It's only Wednesday. The earliest it they could have been posted was Monday. Give it another day or two. If you're really worried ring them and they can cancel the posted tickets and organize a collection from the ticket booth before the match.

I'd ring them today. They've been very helpful anytime I've called.

If you don't get the ticket in the post I think what they do is cancel your original ticket and print off a new one that you can collect at the box office on the day.

I wouldn't worry, you won't miss the match if your ticket doesn't arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I know :D

Someone on MF was saying the bulk of the profits go to Pro 12, both teams share the spoils then or something?

leakyboots wrote: »
    Someone on MF was saying the bulk of the profits go to Pro 12, both teams share the spoils then or something?

The finance guy from MR addressed the MRSC AGM last year or the year before and he described the split for a Pro12 S/final as - the host club strip out the cost of hosting the game then the remaining ticket income id split 50/50 between both teams.

MR/Thomond Park can keep whatever income they make from Bars/Food Stalls, etc. I'd be fairly sure their corporate income would also stay within Munster bar possibly the match ticket price of the corporate event.

Are you sure they get to keep catering profits?

Costs usually means whatever money it takes to open the gates and turn on the lights basically.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Are you sure they get to keep catering profits?

Costs usually means whatever money it takes to open the gates and turn on the lights basically.

Normally whoever owns the stadium keeps the bar/catering profits. AFAIK Leinster don't get a cent of it from the RDS and the IRFU/FAI definitely didn't get any from the GAA when they rented Croke Park.
    It's not the same a final where the league take control of the stadium. It's basically another home match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

With potentially two games left in the season, Munster have scored the most tries in the history for the league in any of its iterations. Impressive stuff.

No great surprise but I'm a bit disappointed that he's losing out.
    Cian Tracey (@CianTracey1) tweeted at 4:30 PM on Thu, May 21, 2015:
    Am told that Luke O'Dea will not have his contract renewed with Munster. Really talented player who has been plagued with injuries.

I wouldn't want him to stay. Unfortunately injury robbed him of chances to break into the first team and I don't think it's going to happen now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 balbriggan100

Anyone know if Peter O'Mahony is available for simi?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,974 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Not looking good. Backrow is a worry if he can't make it tbh.

leakyboots wrote: »
    Not looking good. Backrow is a worry if he can't make it tbh.

If's he's anyway fit he should be risked. Worry about the final if and when we get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

phog wrote: »
    No great surprise but I'm a bit disappointed that he's losing out.

Didn't I see his name on the sevens list?

POM and Zebo return!

MunXV v Ospreys: Jones; Earls, Smith, Hurley, Zebo; Keats, Murray; Killer, Guinazu, Archer; DRyan, P O’C; PO’M – capt., Butler, CJ

Replacements: Casey, J Ryan, BJ, Holland, O’Donoghue, Williams, JJ, RO’Mahony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Examiner and MF saying it could be POC's last home game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement