Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

O'Donnell out for 6-8 weeks? Big blow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭twinytwo

on an unrealated note,,,, can someone tell me if the seating in the west stand of musgrave is assigned? or is it first come first severed?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭phog

twinytwo wrote: »
    on an unrealated note,,,, can someone tell me if the seating in the west stand of musgrave is assigned? or is it first come first severed?

Unsure about today but for the Glasgow game it was unassigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

phog wrote: »
    Unsure about today but for the Glasgow game it was unassigned.

First come first serve always with Musgrave!

Lovely day for it here!

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Who wants to predict the order of the first four?

It really can go anyway. I'll go with,

Ospreys
    Munster
    Ulster
    Warriors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    O'Donnell out for 6-8 weeks? Big blow

That could knock him out of contention for the world cup. Major blow for him personally given the season hes had.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Who wants to predict the order of the first four?

It really can go anyway. I'll go with,

Ospreys
    Munster
    Ulster
    Warriors

That would mean Ulster reserves winning in Glasgow. That's not going to happen. Munster are going to struggle for the top two even if they get a BP win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oneZeroOneZero

Would much rather have met Ulster at home in the semis, a Kingspan final is potentially far more challenging now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

First home SF since 2010/11 so I'll take that first of all. Of course getting Ulster would have been better, aside from avoiding them in Belfast I'd prefer to play them over Ospreys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Defence needs to tighten up for next weekend, we shouldn't be conceding 27 points at home to the dragons but Axel will know that. Who plays 7 is the big question. I like to see O Donohue come in with POM playing an openside role.

• Advertisement

case885 wrote: »
    Defence needs to tighten up for next weekend, we shouldn't be conceding 27 points at home to the dragons but Axel will know that. Who plays 7 is the big question. I like to see O Donohue come in with POM playing an openside role.

I wouldn't worry too much about the defence. It was always going to be a bit loose given Munster got what they need early in the match.

case885 wrote: »

The game today was open because Munster were going all out to score trys. Next week will be cup rugby and it'll be a much tighter game. Pens will be sent through the post rather than into the corner.

Home PRO12 Semi-Final at Thomond Park
    Munster play Ospreys the coming Saturday May 23rd at 2:30pm in Thomond Park Stadium.

In compliance with PRO12 rules, Munster Rugby will supply the Ospreys with 25% of each area of the stadium, categorised by price.

MRSC and Clubs
    From this evening tickets will be allocated through the Munster Rugby Supporters Club and the Clubs. These tickets will remain available until 6pm on Monday 18th, after which time any unpurchased will be added to the public sale of tickets via Ticketmaster.

Public Sale
    An initial allocation of tickets will be available on public sale here from 8pm tonight.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/20622.php#.VVd5xvlViko

I'd say tickets will be available on the day.

I'd say tickets will be available on the day.

Yeah, not a hope of selling 26000 tickets in a week. Still though if you want to be sure of getting your normal spot it's better to buy them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Yeah, not a hope of selling 26000 tickets in a week. Still though if you want to be sure of getting your normal spot it's better to buy them now.

Got mine there now. Cat A €40 hopefully be good weather for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

<mod snip>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Don't know why you'd sell it now as all 3 players still play so can't see it being worth much.

When POC and Earls have retired and Murray is about to retire it might be worth something then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

So what's going on here? the red army is saying thank you to Connacht tonight??:D

Before the match today we were chatting to a few guys about how we saw the day unfold, all of us thought Munster would win and get the BP win but a few thought that Glasgow and Osprey's would also get a BP win.

In comparing our away game v Dragons earlier in the season one guy said we scored 5 tries there so we should have no difficulty in doing so in IIP.

So in total, we scored 13 tries v Dragons this season, that's some haul of tries.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Don't know why you'd sell it now as all 3 players still play so can't see it being worth much.

When POC and Earls have retired and Murray is about to retire it might be worth something then.

Cheers for the advice, just said I'd mention it as i came across it and it seems like a waste just to be hanging in the wardrobe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cheers for the advice, just said I'd mention it as i came across it and it seems like a waste just to be hanging in the wardrobe.

Mine was worn with pride many times and washed so only Paulie's signature remains...he's made of special stuff, right down to his signature ;)

athtrasna wrote: »
    Mine was worn with pride many times and washed so only Paulie's signature remains...he's made of special stuff, right down to his signature ;)

Couldn't wear mine if i wanted to , it's only a medium and the last time i saw a medium was in the back of a caravan at a county fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sorry, but no selling of items is allowed on the forum without prior approval.

Try our sister site adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 George Bailey

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    Got mine there now. Cat A €40 hopefully be good weather for it now!

Was this through ticketmaster? Trying to get some but there are no decent tickets on sale, only the end sections of each of the stands.

They don not appear to be on sale through the Munster site either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was this through ticketmaster? Trying to get some but there are no decent tickets on sale, only the end sections of each of the stands.

Mrsc members can access tickets that are not on general sale. Cat A were selling fast last night.

Tyler Bleyendaal warmed up with the squad yesterday as did Johne Murphy, Tyler looked bigger than I thought he was, he looked taller and broader than Keatley.

He brought out a kicking tee but I didn't notice if he took kicks at goal during the warm up, Murray certainly too a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

phog wrote: »
    Tyler Bleyendaal warmed up with the squad yesterday as did Johne Murphy, Tyler looked bigger than I thought he was, he looked taller and broader than Keatley.

He brought out a kicking tee but I didn't notice if he took kicks at goal during the warm up, Murray certainly too a few.

Tyler took a couple of kicks at goal alright, Foley was watching quote closely while doing so also!

He's a lot bigger than I thought he was..
    Looks fairly promising.. Be nice to see him maybe make the bench next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 11 George Bailey

athtrasna wrote: »
    Mrsc members can access tickets that are not on general sale. Cat A were selling fast last night.

Thanks

MRSC and Munster clubs have first pick on the good tickets until 6pm Monday. After that everything goes on general sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Earls is such a special player. Joe has to find a place for him in the Irish side for the RWC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement