Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madden 15 Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Taken from the EA Access thread
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Lace up your cleats, because the Madden NFL 15 free trial starts Thursday for EA Access members. You'll get six gameplay hours with the full game. That's multiplayer, Madden Ultimate Team, Franchise mode, and everything in between. Your progress will carry over should you choose to buy the game. http://bit.ly/1AsSj6G
    What mode are you going to play first with your trial?"

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EAAccess/photos/a.143123539191514.1073741828.141502686020266/144251225745412/?type=1&theater

I dunno if that apply's here too what with the release dates being different.
    On a side note EA Access might work out well for the forum here,alotta ppl are at least trying the game that would never buy it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

With just over a week to go, I'm surprised how quiet it is in here regarding the game. In fairness, there seems to be very little excitement overall around the web in comparison to the last couple of years.

This time last year and the year before we had numerous threads on the draft, mock draft selections etc, plenty of chat surrounding the upcoming release, but maybe it's a result of both leagues being a lot shorter of players this year due to the transition between consoles or the fact that a lot of people found Madden 25 to be underwhelming. It might pick up a bit next week I suppose.

There's loads of videos available of the game now - http://www.operationsports.com/news/756058/madden-nfl-15-gameplay-videos-day-1/

Mostly XB1/PS4, I've seen no 360 videos yet. The EA Access is out tomorrow as Perrin notes above, so we should have loads of detail from tomorrow onwards.

On another note, does anyone know where I could pre-order online and be assured of having it delivered on the day of release (or possibly a day before even)? I used Gamesnash the last couple of years who were brilliant, but I can't see any option to pre-order games on their website any more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm very pessimistic about the game, I don't know why but I'm not excited about it at all.

Hopefully it's a good version, they are certainly due one after last season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

if the game is ****, ill be calling it a day.

I have no interest in wasting my time playing a game which has just received some spit and polish from last years version & also i would say if this version is **** it will likely postpone my XBO plans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

If it's Sh!te we could all buy madden 13/12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭tripperman

if its crap i wont be getting it for xbo

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Any word on how the game has been received so far from those playing on Access?

I came a fanny hair away from buying an Xbox One today purely for Madden 15, I'm still surprised I managed to get home without buying it. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

guns4all wrote: »

Seems positive....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Paully D wrote: »
    Any word on how the game has been received so far from those playing on Access?

I came a fanny hair away from buying an Xbox One today purely for Madden 15, I'm still surprised I managed to get home without buying it. :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

I can see mikeys pants explode when we all post about our Xbox one arrivals on Christmas morning

Well this didn't take long:

Seriously, do they actually test the game at all?

Steve Noah ‏@Steve_OS 49m
    Simmed stats in Madden NFL 15 are crazy. Skins/49ers 15-1. Patriots win SB, Brady 16TD 21INT. Orakpo 29 sacks?

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 1h
    Biggest issue so far with Madden 15 is no-huddle. Teams get to line of scrimmage and snap in like 4 seconds. So fast defense cant audible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, but does the wind indicator work, thats the real question?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Well this didn't take long:

Seriously, do they actually test the game at all?

Steve Noah ‏@Steve_OS 49m
    Simmed stats in Madden NFL 15 are crazy. Skins/49ers 15-1. Patriots win SB, Brady 16TD 21INT. Orakpo 29 sacks?

Bryan Wiedey ‏@pastapadre 1h
    Biggest issue so far with Madden 15 is no-huddle. Teams get to line of scrimmage and snap in like 4 seconds. So fast defense cant audible.

Seriously? How can they screw it that much?

I'm taking the skins! Doesn't fill me with confidence tbh

Season Ticket is now live which means we should start seeing some 360 gameplay soon.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/22/season-ticket-period-for-madden-nfl-15-on-360-and-ps3-opens-today
    Madden NFL 15 is now available to download through Season Ticket on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This is the last year that the Season Ticket program will be offered as the company instead will move forward with EA Access for the new generation of consoles. Microsoft is on board with that but Sony rejected the proposal.

Season Ticket was thought to be dead going into this year’s crop of games but EA Sports resurrected it with no fanfare a few weeks ago by scrapping the actual website for the service – which had outdated information only on last year’s games – and posting a blog with new details.

Given that the suite of titles that had been included in Season Ticket has dwindled from five to three (having lost NCAA Football and Tiger Woods) the company dropped the price from $25 to $20. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, and FIFA 15 are included.

PerrinV2 wrote: »

The defensive AI not being as apparent is worrying...

Quickly everyone buy and Xbox one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

The defensive AI not being as apparent is worrying...

Seems like it is just a rehashed version of 25. Not getting my hopes up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,832 ✭✭✭nerd69

very disappointing news

You coming back nerd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

If I thought they weren't going to port it properly I'd probably have not bother tbh. Some of the exclusions seems lazy to say the least. Boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,832 ✭✭✭nerd69

You coming back nerd?

not shure to be honest I'm tempted but iv deck all time with college and i dislike only having one or two times i can play a game as it puts the other player in an unfair position so well see probably not day one anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Where are people buying this?

I emailed gamesnash.ie for a price for xbox360 and they never replied. Shame as I would have given them the business and I had recommended to others

HMV told me 65
    Xtravision said 60
    GameStop also said 60 so I put down a deposit there as the lads were sound and it was the best price I could find

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Where are people buying this?

I emailed gamesnash.ie for a price for xbox360 and they never replied. Shame as I would have given them the business and I had recommended to others

HMV told me 65
    Xtravision said 60
    GameStop also said 60 so I put down a deposit there as the lads were sound and it was the best price I could find
    If you're near Smyths they have the 360 version listed as 55 on the website,65 for the xbox one.

Probably have to order off gamestop myself.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    If you're near Smyths they have the 360 version listed as 55 on the website,65 for the xbox one.

Probably have to order off gamestop myself.

WOWHD lads...I got it for 42!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

WOWHD lads...I got it for 42!

That's were I have mine preordered. €60 can ask me arse even if I have to wait a week or two.

So the defensive A.I. has been touched up a bit but nowhere near as much as the next-gen version. The kicking hasn't changed at all, neither has the presentation. The playcalling is the exact same (though that may not be a bad thing after seeing the problems with this on next-gen), while you can't use the pre-snap jump feature when controlling DE's.

It really is the very example of just being a roster/stadium update. :rolleyes:

I think I'll throw the €50 quid into the Xbox One fund or wait for a few days to see what you guys who are getting it on release think of it before purchasing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

So the defensive A.I. has been touched up a bit but nowhere near as much as the next-gen version. The kicking hasn't changed at all, neither has the presentation. The playcalling is the exact same (though that may not be a bad thing after seeing the problems with this on next-gen), while you can't use the pre-snap jump feature when controlling DE's.

It really is the very example of just being a roster/stadium update. :rolleyes:

I think I'll throw the €50 quid into the Xbox One fund or wait for a few days to see what you guys who are getting it on release think of it before purchasing.

You sound surprised.

EA couldn't give a **** about PS3/360 anymore. Their attitude is firmly upgrade or get left behind.

Advertisement