Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

Waku waku 7 is a phenomenal game too and galaxy fight to a lesser extent, then you have breakers revenge, voltage fighter gowcaizer etc.. problem with having so many fighters on the system is many of them get lost in the pile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Dont forget Ninja Masters

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just want to play Neo Drift Out...

I'll get my coat...

Do.. Riding Hero is where it’s at! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to the assistance of one Doge of this parish, I now own a lovely Neo Geo Mini!
    A soon to be hacked Neo Geo Mini if I have anything to do with it!

Glad it arrived safely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭geotrig

Thrash rally --> riding hero -- neo drift out
    In that order :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,961 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First retro (well kinda retro) purchase in ages.

Picked up Ace Combat 6 for the XBox 360.

Ace Combat 7 was my favourite game of last year and want to check out the rest of the series.

You need to buy a physical copy of Ace 6 now to play it as they took it off the digital store as they were offering it as a pre-order bonus for 7. Can't wait to take to the skies of Strangereal again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just installed the hack on the NeoGeo Mini, I now have 80 titles on the machine, fantastic!
    Didn't take long at all, but the online stuff is strangely thin and disjointed, though it was easy in the end.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,961 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just installed the hack on the NeoGeo Mini, I now have 80 titles on the machine, fantastic!
    Didn't take long at all, but the online stuff is strangely thin and disjointed, though it was easy in the end.

Do you have all the KoF games?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do you have all the KoF games?

I don't know, I kinda blacked out scrolling through them all...

Neo Drift Out and Puzzle Bobble 2 are on there... so all is well with the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Tale of the tape: Game arrives from New Zealand, has that weird upside-down problem with monitors, get a friend to send me a replacement rom to correct it, rom doesn't work, send entire game to Italy instead of playing relay with roms, turns out mame code is wrong, new rom figured out and corrects problem, game comes from Italy to Ireland, eejits mis-label it en-route from UK, goes missing, ends up back in Italy, sent again from Italy, watch tracking like a hawk this time....actually arrives! Actually works!

This game has clocked up serious miles to get here in working condition, crazy.

But it's a great little game, difficult but fun.

IMG-20201002-151728-1.jpg

Damn I have that rom on my board to correct it could have put it the burner and wrote you one for it.. I love Athena can’t understand why it’s not more popular tbh, used to be able to finish the spectrum version bitd great version considering what they were working with

The fact that people love Athena perplexes me but I've brought that up before. And anyway I'm a Castlevania Adventure/Zelda CDi apologist so stones, glasshouse and all that!

Psycho Soldier on the other hand I love... but probably mostly due to the theme tune.

Ahh yes the theme tune by Kaori Shimizu is excellent also has the first appearance of Sie Kensou from king of fighters, truth be told it’s probably a better game but doesn’t hold the same nostalgia factor as the first one for me although I do remember the cover of the spectrum version

Damn I have that rom on my board to correct it could have put it the burner and wrote you one for it.. I love Athena can’t understand why it’s not more popular tbh, used to be able to finish the spectrum version bitd great version considering what they were working with

Oh man! If I had known it would have saved a lot of trouble. Still, at least the game went on holidays for the last couple months, which is more than most of us can do!

IMG-20201002-154822-3.jpg

For those interested (there are dozens of us) the monitor correction is done on P1, NOT P4!

I don't know why exactly but the game reminds me of wonder boy 2, has that little bit of rpg thing that most arcade games understandably don't have. It's great!

Have to get my hands on psycho soldier to round it out, but it's proving elusive and/or mega expensive. Won't be paying the 800 quid or so that some people want.

As mentioned the song at the start of psycho soldier is notable for being one of the first (or actual first?) games to have an actual recorded song with lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A full brown platform game in the arcade, not just a normal shoot/stab progress to the right - not very common in the arcades right?

KeRbDoG wrote: »

A full brown platform game in the arcade, not just a normal shoot/stab progress to the right - not very common in the arcades right?

Yep, unusual enough all right, not too many to choose

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Reminds me a bit of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with the octopus and the first level.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    Reminds me a bit of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with the octopus and the first level.

Same!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Love the soundtrack.

• Advertisement

Feck it anyway!
    I say I will be good and then somthing shiny distracts me and I have to have it!
    Seems that the famous Sean Kelly (at least in Vectrex circles, he developed the first software based Multicart years agao) has released a completed Dark Tower game.
    This game was 99% complete when it was abandoned with the failure of the Vectrex in the market.
    The game then lay, unreleased for years before it was found and released to the masses in a quite playable state.
    Kelly is after surprising the Veccy community by releasing a completed edition of the game, and I picked one up from his site this morning, works out around €31 shipped here for the cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Speaking of Vectrex - I just got my VecAdapt last week (http://www.ombertech.com/vecadapt.php)
    Thanks for the heads up on this @CiDeRmAn !

Bit pricey for the full set with box and instructions shipped to Ireland but I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while particularly given the special features Chris Binarystar added to the cart (different ending and alternative maps) the game is pretty unique as far as Vectrex games go, although it will soon share a space with quartz quest which Iam looking forward to, game is already downloadable for free and is pretty great although vector republic are releasing a physical copy

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Speaking of Vectrex - I just got my VecAdapt last week (http://www.ombertech.com/vecadapt.php)
    Thanks for the heads up on this @CiDeRmAn !

It's a long haul from Australia that adapter had to make!

As it happens, that seller has just released the developer version of the PiTrex device, which will allow you to connect a RPi0 to your Veccy.
    It opens the door for accurate emulation of suitable arcade games as well as new titles for the Vectrex.
    The only difference between this and the eventual consumer release is the lack of a case, so I went ahead and bought one!
    Looking forward to seeing Asteroids and Battlezone running on the Veccy!

As it happens, that seller has just released the developer version of the PiTrex device, which will allow you to connect a RPi0 to your Veccy.
    It opens the door for accurate emulation of suitable arcade games as well as new titles for the Vectrex.
    The only difference between this and the eventual consumer release is the lack of a case, so I went ahead and bought one!

Wow - got a link??

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Wow - got a link??

Here ya go, hopefully will offer an alternative to vecfever cart which isint been made anymore and sells for crazy money (last one went for $1800!)

https://www.ombertech.com/pitrexdev.php?fbclid=IwAR3Zp1tyQVLHtpRX0P6kEJ1ZW8PhF_6a0Gnqr5LKz9WbStFfCc6tLM4r-PY

Here ya go, hopefully will offer an alternative to vecfever cart which isint been made anymore and sells for crazy money (last one went for $1800!)

https://www.ombertech.com/pitrexdev.php?fbclid=IwAR3Zp1tyQVLHtpRX0P6kEJ1ZW8PhF_6a0Gnqr5LKz9WbStFfCc6tLM4r-PY

Thanks - gonna have to get one !

There were only six left when I ordered.
    It was supposed to be for devs but I couldn't help it

• Advertisement

That’s absolutely fantastic news!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement