Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

mzD9Yodh.jpg

Haven't bought any retro games in a long time. Got these off of a lad on Facebook.
    Anyone notice the font for Everybody's Golf 2 is the exact same font as the original GTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a bigbox Amiga eventually, its a basic enough 2000 at the moment but have a few extras on the way for it :)
    Surprisingly usable as it is though, spent a few hours with Delux Paint 3 (badly) drawing dinosaurs trying to keep small ones entertained !!

49655959421_eec7d10cb7_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

More miscellaneous pickups.

4b4SOx8.jpg

Always adored the pristine white box for GT4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Always adored the pristine white box for GT4

It's probably my favourite of the franchise, apart from the original one.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It's probably my favourite of the franchise, apart from the original one.

I'll have to go back to it. I have fond memories of GT3 but don't remember spending much time with GT4, although that's partially because at the time I ramped up quantity over quantity and got so many average to decent games for under €30 back when Play.com was just a decent place for cheap, new media.

The HD support is class for the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Robo V Terminator was great. Sountrack was class and it was nice and gorey

• Registered Users Posts: 34,608 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Robo V Terminator was great. Sountrack was class and it was nice and gorey

Have you ever played any of the prototypes of it online?

I fired up a random one of it a few years ago just to see if there were any differences to the final version - one of them had flying shmup type levels!

They were really bad but such a 'wtf?!' moment.

There's also a cheat code to put scantly clad female enemies back into it and some extra death animations. Another one I didn't know about back in the day at all.

Pause the game and enter;

Violent Mode C - B - A - B - B - A - B - B - C - B - B - C - C - B - B - C - B - C - A - C - C - A - A - A - B - B - B - A - C - A

Sweet O1s1n, I'll throw a few of them roms onto the Everdrive for some Saturday night gaming methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

NTg1Q2Q.jpg

Picked up the Atomiswave from Felix the other day. Thanks very much again dude.

Plays great, lovely monitor in it. Need some work though and a few bits and pieces. Not exactly sure what to do with it. Considering turning it into a 2 player 6 button cab for beat em up and fighters.

Here is it next to it's candy brothers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Picked this up last week from a lad on adverts.
    So far Ive taken 12 inches off the depth of it with a bench saw to make it fit into the room where its going.
    Ive cleaned up the glass facia and got canopy light working- restored both with glass paint over the bits that were scratched-came out ok.
    Installed new speakers in it and rewired the whole cabinet.
    Ive fitted back in the coin mechanism.
    Ive removed those ugly white button blankers and it looks like Ill be able to fit a standard size button layout and stick where the holes were by drilling only 3 more holes.

I know its not the done thing but Ive a 23 inch led monitor that will fit almost exactly into the front panel glass layout.

Im putting a windows pc into it with big box I think or else a PI but Im not sure yet.

Nice little project since I may not have a job from Friday!!!

you could put the 12" of the depth back onto the bottom

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

you could put the 12" of the depth back onto the bottom

I dont get you?

The bottom of that cabinet is missing !

The bottom of that cabinet is missing !

Thanks for the advice.
    Is that the piece it sits on? Or the piece that covers the coin slot?
    Ive already made a new bottom for it (the piece it sits on)
    Ill post pics later on of the work so far.

Yea the very bottom base.
    I was only joking.that machine was for sale here before.

Its my first attempt - Ill be looking for more help once I get started... or should I say when Im scratching next week with no job!!

I know, I know, I technically haven't physically got this yet, but I preordered it, and I need something to look forward to amongst this disaster of a year so far

MockUp_Market_Banner_StreetsofRage4_Deluxe_SWITCH.png?v=1584394956

UlVSYGd.png

I know, I know, I technically haven't physically got this yet, but I preordered it, and I need something to look forward to amongst this disaster of a year so far

MockUp_Market_Banner_StreetsofRage4_Deluxe_SWITCH.png?v=1584394956

UlVSYGd.png

I really want to get that myself but **** that shipping is a killer....ill wait till next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

There’s no release date for Streets or Rage 4 yet is there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Seems to be issues with deliveries to Ireland at the moment. Waiting some items from the UK over a week now and a chap in Finland said his post office refused to take the package. No deliveries to Ireland from there

https://www.posti.fi/mzj3zpe8qb7p/7jFGsxRG0Hm2BbcXs9Emhf/5e11be3bf946c4d72ce072614ef00d6f/effects-of-the-coronavirus-on-items-sent-abroad-from-finland.pdf

There’s no release date for Streets or Rage 4 yet is there?

"2020" is as specific as it gets at the moment

I really want to get that myself but **** that shipping is a killer....ill wait till next month.

I nearly cried inside when I saw it myself, and I might get buyer's remorse next week when I see my payslip in comparison to what I normally get (thanks COVID)
    "2020" is as specific as it gets at the moment

"Spring" 2020 is what a lot of sources say. How accurate they are I can't say, as I didn't read or hear the dev mention that window.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Seems to be issues with deliveries to Ireland at the moment. Waiting some items from the UK over a week now and a chap in Finland said his post office refused to take the package. No deliveries to Ireland from there

https://www.posti.fi/mzj3zpe8qb7p/7jFGsxRG0Hm2BbcXs9Emhf/5e11be3bf946c4d72ce072614ef00d6f/effects-of-the-coronavirus-on-items-sent-abroad-from-finland.pdf

Ya I was posting a package to Germany during the week an yer had to go check the 'approved' list before taking it. No post in/out of certain countries it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Famicom collecting up to 4 now!

XvWBVw5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

gVZtOlU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    Famicom collecting up to 4 now!

XvWBVw5_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

gVZtOlU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
    Wanpaku Graffittj! thats a classic!

Ya I was posting a package to Germany during the week an yer had to go check the 'approved' list before taking it. No post in/out of certain countries it seems.

Never thought of this, have stuff coming from the US, Australia and the UK. I won't expect them anytime soon so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ordered clothes on the 18th it came on Saturday but think it was Nightline.

I hadn't ordered much, a few things were a bit late but others were okay, but only half laying attention really since everything was cancelled I don't need them to arrive on time.

Courier companies might be different, I fecking hope they are.

Have a pretty major Lazer steak order arriving this week. Only from UK though so should be ok.

Going to sit on all my shirts now until this all blows over. Especially with post restricted to certain countries. Pretty crap really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Courier companies might be different, I fecking hope they are.

Have a pretty major Lazer steak order arriving this week. Only from UK though so should be ok.

Going to sit on all my shirts now until this all blows over. Especially with post restricted to certain countries. Pretty crap really.

I got stuff from Uk, shipped to parcel wizard. Ordered Paddys day, arrived today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement