Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think you're safe to assume they are both retro at this point!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Inviere

The_B_Man wrote: »
    I intend to hack them to within an inch of their lives and install emulators on them anyway. Actually the XBOX I'm half thinking of using in a custom made arcade cabinet, if it can run MAME well.

I think the Xbox is ok for Mame, in terms of older builds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Some very good games for peanuts on the Xbox too. I got mine to softmod (which I thoroughly enjoyed doing, cloning hard drive etc, all stuff I'd never done before) but actually use it more to play xbox games on, since I only had Sony or Nintendo bitd, there are lots I've never played before. 30 or 40 euro goes a long way in original xbox games.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got a Retroflag GPi Casem (review) for a Raspberry Pi Zero W - kinda a spur of the moment purchase when I saw one on adverts
    498772.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Hi Guys...

Long time no post.....

So for my birthday (2 weeks before Christmas) Wife got me a 1up Arcade Pac-man, and for Christmas she got me the 1up Arcade Street Fighter cab...:D

Thing is the power supply on the Street Fighter cab is not working...have used the Pac-man one and the SF2 is working fine...

Also built me a Retro pie....

Happy new year to all.....

• Advertisement

Hi Guys...

Long time no post.....

So for my birthday (2 weeks before Christmas) Wife got me a 1up Arcade Pac-man, and for Christmas she got me the 1up Arcade Street Fighter cab...:D

Thing is the power supply on the Street Fighter cab is not working...have used the Pac-man one and the SF2 is working fine...

Also built me a Retro pie....

Happy new year to all.....

Happy new year! Arcade 1IP support seems quite decent in my experience, they sent me out free perspex deck protectors, and a replacement monitor with zero hassle. Get onto them (if disassembling and returning to a store isn't an option!) :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn!
    I'm after the Pacman one!
    Only in stock in Smyth's Tralee!
    Unless someone has spotted one out there...
    Please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Here's an unusual one, dinorex by taito. Quite rare as far as I can make out.

It's not exactly a brilliant game (!) , but there's something charmingly weird about it, you want to play it through to see what strangeness happens next.

Dinosaurs versus dinosaurs in the Amazon, but it came out before primal rage. It has a story that's worth checking out, including bonus rounds that involve taking drugs, dreaming of being in the modern day and killing chinese dictators.

Then, as it turns out in the end, you are revealed to be Rastan, another taito game character. It also has some of the absolute worst "engrish" I've ever seen in a game!

All weird!

DSC-1900.jpg

DSC-1903.jpg

DSC-1904.jpg

And I think this is my last arcade post for a while, will be back at some stage with a restoration thread on radar scope, and some potentially big raids including maybe a couple of star wars empire cockpits and an abandoned arcade full of who knows what?! Happy new year all :)

beejee wrote: »
    Here's an unusual one, dinorex by taito. Quite rare as far as I can make out.

It's not exactly a brilliant game (!) , but there's something charmingly weird about it, you want to play it through to see what strangeness happens next.

Dinosaurs versus dinosaurs in the Amazon, but it came out before primal rage. It has a story that's worth checking out, including bonus rounds that involve taking drugs, dreaming of being in the modern day and killing chinese dictators.

Then, as it turns out in the end, you are revealed to be Rastan, another taito game character. It also has some of the absolute worst "engrish" I've ever seen in a game!

All weird!

And I think this is my last arcade post for a while, will be back at some stage with a restoration thread on radar scope, and some potentially big raids including maybe a couple of star wars empire cockpits and an abandoned arcade full of who knows what?! Happy new year all :)

It had a weird cult following at the A&R Beers for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn!
    I'm after the Pacman one!
    Only in stock in Smyth's Tralee!
    Unless someone has spotted one out there...
    Please let me know!

OK, worked this out should you drive down - it will cost yea just over 60euro in diesel as a round trip...and 7 1/2 hours (gives you a small break) of your life :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Starting my famicom collection off right....sorta

B7NbaXL_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

You can choose your blood type in the famicom version of superman I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Inviere wrote: »

My Dinorex PCB still hasn't turned up.

Bought it, played it once, stored it away and it vanished forever!

Meteorite maybe?

Dinorex is simply dormant, awaiting it's chance to return and screech its way into the hearts of unbelievers.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    OK, worked this out should you drive down - it will cost yea just over 60euro in diesel as a round trip...and 7 1/2 hours (gives you a small break) of your life :D

Bugger.
    I'm probably going to mod it too, after all it'll be a vert cab in a non-vert room.
    Going to have to calculate...

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

KeRbDoG wrote: »

Ciderman on his way to tralee??

https://youtu.be/5C_99XJqIs4?t=3m22s

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

So this happened last weekend.. funny the way things go, I’ve been following this cab for around 4 years :) originally was too late and hesitated pulling the trigger a few years ago, then it was sold elsewhere and finally was traded to someone else and I was contacted a few weeks ago to see if I was interested.. I didn’t hesitate twice, 4 days later and it was sitting in my kitchen.. absolutely love this cab and in almost mint condition too, so happy to add this to the collection .. I’ve been through a lot of cabs but this by far has the nicest monitor I’ve ever seen.. bvm quality, puts the rest to shame tbh
    late to the party here but just spotted this now ,great cab dude :cool: one for the bucket list ! lose the bubletops :pac:

geotrig wrote: »
    late to the party here but just spotted this now ,great cab dude :cool: one for the bucket list ! lose the bubletops :pac:

Thanks, pretty great cab and bubbletops were first to go, stock ftw!

So...

I've a RetroN5 again...

Thanks Deadl0ck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My wife got me a Rg350 forXmas.
    Just got around to playing a few games on it last night.Great little device!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Got a few more famicom games. The first pic is of some that I liked the look of from YouTube gameplay.
    The second is a job lot that I thought I was making a cheeky unrealistic offer on, hopefully some of them work.
    Really like the art work on some of them.

IMAG1301.jpg

IMAG1300.jpg

• Advertisement

Less "new get city" and more "re-get city", but I found this this morning buried in a box, a stars pistol. Blast from the past, have vague recollection of getting this around the time resident evil 3 first came out. The box had jill valentine on it? But that's long gone unfortunately. Laser sight still works at least. Anyway, funny that it resurfaces close to the remake coming out :p

20200122-153708.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

i need to know what the box looked like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Inviere wrote: »

bbFFwL2.png

geotrig wrote: »
    i need to know what the box looked like :(

The odds of the box showing up are a million to one, I was shocked to find the gun itself. I could be dreaming it, but the box had the background of raccoon city in flames and the character in the foreground?

Ages ago now!

DinoRex wrote: »
    bbFFwL2.png

A strange game for strange people...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

beejee wrote: »
    A strange game for strange people...
    That dinosaur screech is the A&R national anthem jkjk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Caved and bought a Panasonic 3DO FZ1 , now to get that USB mod from the Russian fella

This is what I've managed to get together so far for a full restore of radar scope and punchout.

Holy suffering sweet mother and jaysus in heaven almighty above...these things are not cheap! But when I saw how much the likes of a forgotten world's button costs now (1000+ quid!), and how few responses I've gotten over the last 8 or more months, I just bit the bullet on what I could get. Nintendo premium indeed.

Tempted to start fitting bits and pieces together now but I'll wait till I get everything needed. Still, moving forward :)

DSC-1933.jpg

I have a button holding bracket I'd you are stuck for one.
    If I can find it that is !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just looked up forgotten world's button........Jesus Christ!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement