Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sense8 [Netflix] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Also although Riley didn't contribute much, at least they gave her a brutal backstory!

I was thinking the whole way through, what a fun life she leads and then
    when you see the second name on the gravestone. I thought her mother had died in some weird accident she was involved in and it hurt her but then when I realised what had happened, holy crap

It has great potential, some of the scenes are very well done but there are also huge holes there for continuity so whoever is in charge of that on set should be let go, far too many errors.

Hopefully its just season 1 jitters and it hits the ground running for season 2.

First few episodes are really slow, lot of long drawn out sweeping shots for filler but when the pace kicks up, it's well worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

I started watching Sense8 last week, and I finished it last night.

The first 3 episodes I found really slow, but from episode 4 onwards I was hooked. I really liked every character, except Nomi.

I did like the mix of action, si-fi, drama and comedy. Miguel Angel Silvestre really is an excellent comic actor, he had a scene that was quite intense, and then flowerpots.

I will be looking forward to Season 2, IMDb has it listed to return in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Christmas special coming on the 23rd of December...can't wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Season 2 arrives on May 5th.

Variety

• Registered Users Posts: 60,305 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Every time I see Sense8 all I want is for Netflix to give J. Michael Straczynski a couple of €100m to reboot Babylon 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A Christmas special feels odd for this show...

A Christmas special feels odd for this show...

Indeed, I seen this and thought, wait, was someone high and got sense8 confused with Doctor Who. Hopefully it is handled well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Finally, the trailer is here.

The Christmas Special is out. I loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really enjoyed it, but I'll be the first to admit I'd forgotten the majority of their backstories (even despite the official 3 minute Season 1 Re-Cap that I watched directly beforehand I was a bit lost), so spent a good bit of time trying to re-call how some of them had ended up in the positions they were in - probably need to re-watch the whole of Season 1 and this special before diving into Season 2 in May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Watched it. Thought it was good. Agreed, it's been a while so a decent recap would've been good. Also, The Van Damme bus driver actor has been recast which was confusing.
    That sense (no pun intended.. or was it.. :)) of dread when the baddie showed up was still there so that worked well.

Forgot this was due over Xmas, might give it a look later. As with others I'd struggle to recall a lot of the back story without a recap.

I loved it, the pacing was still far from perfect but far faster than usual, which probably hid some huge holes but it was quick enough I did not notice on the initial run threough. Acting was superb.
    When his mother embraced the actor in her house, as a parent, it was so hallmark but so well done, I almost cried.

All in all, has me revved up for season 2, which is annoying s it is so far away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Actor who played capheus quit after two episodes of season 2. I like the injoke about "you look different" "oh I got my hair cut" but new actor way taller than original. Jms needs to take more control of series, I'm getting tired of the lgbtq message of the week that the warkowskis are pushing. I want some jms story arcs

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Actor who played capheus quit after two episodes of season 2. I like the injoke about "you look different" "oh I got my hair cut" but new actor way taller than original. Jms needs to take more control of series, I'm getting tired of the lgbtq message of the week that the warkowskis are pushing. I want some jms story arcs

The special was meant to welcome people back and set up Season 2. It set up the plot points the rest of the season will cover with the Whispers scenes.

Occono wrote: »
    The special was meant to welcome people back and set up Season 2. It set up the plot points the rest of the season will cover with the Whispers scenes.

I don't see the need for a "catch up" with netflix when you can binge watch at will. I was hoping they would open up the sensate "world" show more clusters, the evil agent annoying nomi was laughable and the bad guy German gangster was as scary as Justin Beiber. JMS can world build but the set ups with whispers were a bit predictable and unless they show that he I a small cog in a very big machine then I will be very underwhelmed.

judeboy101 wrote: »
    the evil agent annoying nomi was laughable
    True, one of the downsides of the episode.
    the bad guy German gangster was as scary as Justin Beiber. .
    I looked at it the other way as if to show he was a fluke and that people like that do not last long. Either defeated easily by our protagonist or culled by a rival gang with the expected turf war.

Ouch.

Imagine if there had been a terrorist attack in Berlin on NYE involving multiple shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Just got through the christmas special there, found it to be frustratingly problematic.

The big orgy scene which consists of all the sense8's joining in as Lito makes love to his boyfriend and Nomi makes love to her girlfriend felt off to me. I understand the aim, but when at least one of the participants is unaware of the others ... well ... there might be a bit of an issue there. (I know it's only tv show, but when a tv show tries so hard to be righteous, and then has a person unknowingly take part in a massive gangbang, then I feel it's missing something.)

This follows into the slapstick scene where Wolfgang's gets to bang his tinder hookup in front of Kala as she tries (and fails) to make love to her husband.

Also it's treatment of Kenyans ... especially the scene where several people stay on Capheus' bus... isn't the best. Now I've never been to Kenya, but I can't imagine they're all as ignorant and superstitious as they're represented here.

• Advertisement

Second trailer for Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Has anyone watched the first episode of s02 yet who can tell me if I can skip that Crimbo special that I couldn't sit through?

First Episode had some YUHS! moments in it! :)

The special connects some dots between season 1 and 2. It also had me prepared for one of the cast being replaced. I remember that threw me for the special. Not here though.

You can probably get away without it. I think it felt like some stuff from it was taken for granted but that maybe they added some "take this for granted" moments as shortcuts.

Alright, done. My first reaction is to go to wiki and see has it been cancelled or something..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sense8
    Hmmm looks like it's not set in stone:
    On March 2, 2017, Deadline reported that Netflix was in the process of renewing the lapsed contracts of the series' eight leading actors, to keep them available until June of the same year, suggesting that a positive decision to renew Sense8 for a third season before that time passes is highly possible.[56]

[56]Nellie Andreeva (March 2, 2017). "'Sense8': Netflix Reassembling Cast After Options Had Expired, Raising Prospects For Season 3". Deadline.com. Penske Media Corporation. Archived from the original on March 2, 2017. Retrieved March 2, 2017.

Felt like they were cramming in as much as they could. It had moments though and developed on the first season and the special. I'd give top performance and Directing to Suns (Doona Bae) story.

The ending
    was kinda cool as you'd expect from The Wachowskis but again.. woah slow down there folks, where's this coming from. Was kinda the first time I felt the core story being hit by the cramming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Surprised there's been so little discussion about Season 2 here. I think this is one of the best shows currently being made. I love all the characters, especially Nomi and Wolfgang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Surprised there's been so little discussion about Season 2 here. I think this is one of the best shows currently being made. I love all the characters, especially Nomi and Wolfgang.

Didn't realise Season 2 was out, I completely forgot to check the release date! Will try to watch it asap.

Saving it and the leftovers for a holiday binge over the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I watched 2 episodes last night.. Great stuff... The cop and the bus driver are the best parts so far..
    Special mention to Kala and Wolfgang..

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

Pacing myself through it this time out, as I watched season 1 in 2 days. The withdrawal was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I'm up to episode 8 but it's not drawing me in. I've had to restart episodes and tonight I just gave up on episode 8.

It seems really slow and not capturing my attention. I feel a lot of the scenes aren't moving the story forward.

Anyone else struggling?

Advertisement