Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sense8 [Netflix] [** Spoilers **]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

It doesn't really till the end.

It's kinda all a bunch of not-the-main-stories

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Shame-I like J. Michael Straczynski's other works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Really disappointed by this!!

The fan campaign paid off! :)
    "2 hour finale episode in the works"
    https://twitter.com/sense8/status/880495946370568194

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I really didn't get it to this show, however it's cancellation over Fuller House is strange.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Elmo wrote: »
    I really didn't get it to this show, however it's cancellation over Fuller House is strange.

Sense8 is an extremely expensive show to film as they film on location all over the world. Lots of outdoor shots, lots of crowd scenes, by the nature of the premise, they often have one incident that involves all 8 characters being in 7 or 8 different locations around the world just for 2 or 3 minutes of television (the party/orgy scenes). The cast is massive, because most of the Sensates have packed lives with several characters each brings to the story, especially Almanita, Hernando and Dani who tend to participate in all the group scenes. And additionally there are the other clusters and recurring villains.

Fuller House is a sitcom, I haven't seen it but I remember that the original Full House series episodes almost all occurred in the house on 4 to 5 permanent sets with occasional small studio scenes and very, very rare outdoor scenes. Each episode was padded out with stock shots of San Francisco and outside of the main cast of 3 men and 3 girls, there were only one or two recurring characters and a handful of minor characters who would show up in each episode. Outside of reality tv, it's about as cheap as television comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Clearly Fuller House is cheaper to make, but they shouldn't bother. That coupled with The Ranch.

Also how much green screening is done on Sence8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Elmo wrote: »
    Clearly Fuller House is cheaper to make, but they shouldn't bother. That coupled with The Ranch.

Also how much green screening is done on Sence8?

None, Sense8 is all filmed on location and with all cast members on set.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Occono wrote: »
    None, Sense8 is all filmed on location and with all cast members on set.
    And with most cast members having to go to each of the international sets at some point...

• Advertisement

It's not just cast members. They have to have full crews in each international location. The post-production staff would be larger than normal with scenes coming in from all over the world. The continuity and editing alone would take more work and skill than most shows, to make the back and forth movements of the different sensates, who may be in 2, 3, 4 locations while having one discussion, flow seamlessly. So that's a lot of extra time and expense before you even start on the vfx which are intense at times. Sense8 has to be one of, if not the, most geographically ambitious tv series ever made and I think it cost about $9million an episode. And obviously Netflix didn't believe that it was enough of a draw to subscribers to justify that kind of cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

But surely with all the 8 characters being in the one location at the end of season 2 and the storyline looking like it was going to require them to be together - the next season would/should have been the cheapest of all to make?!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Liked the show.

It felt a bit preachy at times though.

I'm ok with it finishing up now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Nothing wrong with the first few episodes, just a bit unmemorable. The last 4 episodes or so kicked it up a notch but that could be the binge watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

• Registered Users Posts: 60,309 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finale will drop on June 8th.

Wow. Now that was a finale. Felt more like a movie as it’s two and a half hours long but was a great way to end the series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Epic great finish to the show

Bug what a character. Genuine laugh out loud moments stunning action sequences. We need more TV like this

How the hell can a cancelled Netflix series have real squibs, for gun fights, and not multi million euro budgeted films??

That was EPIC, loved every minute of it.

A fantastic ending to what I really would call a ground breaking series.

Well done to Netflix.

That was just amazing. A perfect ending. Some of it did feel rushed (not seeing Hernando and Danni learning about sensates, Sun's exoneration, Rajan's sheepishly happy acceptance of Wolfgang, etc) and there were unfinished plot lines I'd have loved to have seen (Capheus' political campaign in particular) so I'm sorry we didn't get to see it all play out more naturally over 2 or 3 more seasons. But understanding the time constraint made all of that necessary and what we did get more than made up for what we missed. I loved every minute of it and I'm so happy they went with an unashamed happy ending full of love and celebration instead of taking up time with angst and tragedy.

It was such an imaginative high concept series and it was pulled off with such style and absolutely amazing effects and continuity work. I get why some people never made it past the first few episodes but I'm so glad I'm not one of them because this was a real high point of television.

Advertisement