Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sense8 [Netflix] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I have watched it all now and I definitely think you need to watch it all before deciding if you like it or not.

First season was only introducing the characters - the next stage of their lives as one starts in season two hopefully if it's renewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,301 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As I said with an earlier post this really is the first online show I felt was made for binge watching.

It really is a 12 episode pilot.

If it was to shown week to week it probably would have been cancelled after the first episode.

As I said with an earlier post this really is the first online show I felt was made for binge watching.

It really is a 12 episode pilot.

If it was to shown week to week it probably would have been cancelled after the first episode.

Completely agree- there have been so many shows that didn't deserve to be cancelled, for reasons exactly like that - they deserved to be binge watched and not week-by-week.

Can you imagine if Firefly and the like had been released on Netflix and given the time to grow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Watched it all over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The first episodes are a bit of a hump to get over and some of the initial exposition of the characters is painfully earnest but it really kicks into gear for the second half of the season and some of the interactions between the different characters is brilliantly handled. It's a pity we'll have to wait a while year for the second season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Was undecided about it during the first two, but very much enjoyed the third episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

up to ep 10

love it!!!

id say it was a continuity and logistical nightmare!!!

Tena Desai is absolutely stunning.......id watch her reading the dictionary.

im not sure if its the character or the actress but that Nomi one annoys me. Everything seems so over acted.

I think the dialogue is brilliant for the most part, a couple of dodgy scenes but not bad.

I can feel the chemistry between Will and Riley and between Kala and Wolfgang.

Never been a big fan of Naveen Andrews tbh. Liked him in This Life but Lost put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

finished this last night and found it brilliant. Really picks up in the second half of the season.

nc19 wrote: »
    Never been a big fan of Naveen Andrews tbh. Liked him in This Life but Lost put me off.

I think you're confusing him with Ramon Tikaram. Ramon was in This Life. Naveen was in Lost and The Buddha of Suburbia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

I think you're confusing him with Ramon Tikaram. Ramon was in This Life. Naveen was in Lost and The Buddha of Suburbia.

My apologies you are correct. The rest of my post I stand by!!!

Finished it last night. Pretty fantastic overall. The interaction between the characters are fantastic. But was a lot more shots of babies being born than I had thought there would be.

Also good to see a TV show that was unashamed at being targeted towards an adult audience, without any sort of filter whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Put on one episode of this last night & ended out watching four!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Started and couldn't stop. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Incredibly unique show. Never seen anything quite like it.
    Of course you can draw some comparisons to Lost, Heroes and to a lesser extent Touch (or at least the pilot), but the execution is truly different.
    It's not always an easy watch, with some dialogue serving solely as exposition and there are a lot of conveniences (I guess that lies within the concept). It can seem preachy as well at times, but it still remains compulsive viewing. Plenty of adult scenes, and yeah, the orchestra scene is truly bizarre and quite graphic.
    It's really at it's best when they visit each other, especially as it progresses and they understand what's happening and how to control it.

Incredibly unique show. Never seen anything quite like it.
    Of course you can draw some comparisons to Lost, Heroes and to a lesser extent Touch (or at least the pilot), but the execution is truly different.
    It's not always an easy watch, with some dialogue serving solely as exposition and there are a lot of conveniences (I guess that lies within the concept). It can seem preachy as well at times, but it still remains compulsive viewing. Plenty of adult scenes, and yeah, the orchestra scene is truly bizarre and quite graphic.
    It's really at it's best when they visit each other, especially as it progresses and they understand what's happening and how to control it.

One of my favourite scenes was when the Mexican guy meets the American cop for the first time and the cop asks, "do I know you?", to which the reply is, " we had sex", and his subsequent awkwardness is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

One of my favourite scenes was when the Mexican guy meets the American cop for the first time and the cop asks, "do I know you?", to which the reply is, " we had sex", and his subsequent awkwardness is great!

That scene was hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought it was a slow burner to be honest, but I'm hooked from episode 4; it really ups the action and the story starts to unfold from there I think.

I thought it was a slow burner to be honest, but I'm hooked from episode 4; it really ups the action and the story starts to unfold from there I think.

Yeah, I wasn't convinced after the first couple of episodes but it really kicks in with the second part of the season and the greater interaction of the characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Have watched the complete series now ... and I did find it to be worth a watch. Considering the creators I found the transgender character's story to be very clunky, her mother was practically a panto villain, serves her purpose, then is dropped like a hot potato. Once the action gets going though it's a lot of fun.

If a second season was never made, I wouldn't miss it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Haven't read any of the above comments.

Not the best show in the world. There was so much filler. Little connections to all of the 8 characters, The Mexican only connect really at the end. The Icelandic girl was the most well written character who's story continue right through out until the end.

Looked excellent and was well write but ah tokenistic at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Elmo wrote: »
    Haven't read any of the above comments.

The Icelandic girl was the most well written character who's story continue right through out until the end.

speaking of, who's in the graves in ep 10(?)
    Husband and baby?

• Advertisement

speaking of, who's in the graves in ep 10(?)
    Husband and baby?

Did you watch the entire season?

Did you watch the entire season?

nope.
    2 to go

nope.
    2 to go

All's revealed in those episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭brevity

I've only watched the pilot and I was humming and hawing over watching any more but based on the comments here I think I'll give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gah! watched episode 10 or 11 last night, The one with the orchestra scene
    wtf was not expecting the gratuitous childbirth shots, and thats coming as a father of 2.
    It was like being back in 'nam all over again :)

Otherwise, i feel it has improved with every episode.

All's revealed in those episodes.

Fair enough. Watched 4episodes last night, thought there was only 8, didn't budget enough time, got to bed at 02.00hrs after squeezing in 9 and 10.
    Don't know when I'll see them though and thought I'd fallen asleep and missed something!

Show is good enough; a bit durty, cheezyish, funnyish. Enjoying it.

gah! watched episode 10 or 11 last night, The one with the orchestra scene
    wtf was not expecting the gratuitous childbirth shots, and thats coming as a father of 2.
    It was like being back in 'nam all over again :)

Otherwise, i feel it has improved with every episode.

Yea, it's funny - I have no issue with the violence, the gore (and there is a good bit, in fairness
    especially the warehouse scene in Ghana
    , hell - even the gay sex scenes, but the
    babies being born
    is the only thing I had to cover my eyes as I just couldn't. At all. And then it kept going.

Kinda odd that, I know. All of that and I get ewweed out over the most natural thing ever ...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Kinda odd that, I know. All of that and I get ewweed out over the most natural thing ever ...

In fairness it was a bit much of nothing how long did it run for. And in reality if you saw your birth what kind of face would you pull?

Me!

danny%20shock.png
    Followed by

4203778391_5ff746b129.jpg?w=419&h=236

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

took the 3rd tried with a few days intervals then managed to complete the 1st episode, but now is ok with the series :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Finished it this evening its very good hope and I say it will get renewed.
    1ep draged a good bit but it picks up when u get in to it.
    How do they manage at work if there off saving one another all the time:)

Advertisement