Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Was too young to see it in the cinema still one of my favorite films of all time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

PTH2009 wrote: »
    God scumbags come in all genders/sexual preferences

In a pub and a row breaks out between a group of women on a night out and a gay lad and his wag. It the was the gay lad and his wag who started it cause the group were loud. The group were fine too me as they were ur general hyper womens group and were in too cause no harm.

Prob went too much into this than ye cared lol

hqdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hard to believe The Matrix is 20 years old now. Anyone see it in the cinema at the time? I didn't watch it until a few years later on DVD and enjoyed it. Haven't seen the sequels.

Yea remember me and my friend watching it when it came out on dvd. I think i watched the follow up but i cant remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Yea remember me and my friend watching it when it came out on dvd. I think i watched the follow up but i cant remember.

Pffft I watched it on VHS, there was no such thing as DVD's until I owned a PlayStation 2. First DVD I watched was NWO Back in Black which a free with Smackdown - SYM. Got a few laughs out of a clip of Tony Schiavone scolding Hogan as a heel, "he was no good, he was never any good"

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Any recommendations for one of those top up debit cards?
    Basically want it as a middle man to move money from my bank account to a betting account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Any recommendations for one of those top up debit cards?
    Basically want it as a middle man to move money from my bank account to a betting account.

Revolut is pretty good.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Revolut is pretty good.
    I assume the free card does the job perfect?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I assume the free card does the job perfect?

Yeah it's good

id 2nd revoult works great for me

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Drums for the new Alter Bridge record are done. They keep going at this rate, album will definitely be out in September.

https://twitter.com/alterbridge/status/1113102768800137216

• Advertisement

Turns out Revolut don't like betting companies but Skrill do. At least I have a Revolut account!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've heard others using the revolut card on betting sites to avoid showing up in the statement. Maybe different site

ive used revoult on betting sites lots although if anyone is using to avoid showing up for mortgages or anything i believe there starting to request revoult or similar statements

• Registered Users Posts: 37,892 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Started taking creatine too help me a bit on my workouts. Notice a small difference but noting much. So many vitamins and supplements out there which are not cheap

Drinking 6/8 glasses of water daily is killing me. Never much of a water drinker and never drank this much daily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

sky88 wrote: »
    ive used revoult on betting sites lots although if anyone is using to avoid showing up for mortgages or anything i believe there starting to request revoult or similar statements

Wouldn’t surprise me alright. If they see decent amounts of money going to a Revolut type account they’ll want to see what it’s being spent on. Cash is pretty much the only way it won’t be detected somewhere though even then if you’re taking out decent sums from the ATM too regularly they could ask questions on that. I have heard conflicting reports on whether the occasional, small gambling transaction would be held against you, but I would err on the side of caution there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Pentecost wrote: »
    I have heard conflicting reports on whether the occasional, small gambling transaction would be held against you, but I would err on the side of caution there.

I've had 2 people in the same bank tell me differing things on your more "frivolous" types of payments, both agree that it'll make little difference if you're well able for the loan you're trying to get but if you're on the margins or need an exemption then it probably won't help your case

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I used to work in the sales department(loans/credit cards/overdrafts) of a bank and any betting transactions could affect your application(it might not always tho)

Like if your paying all your direct debits when they come in , showing your wages coming into the account and then still retaining a solid bit of money on a regular basis you should be fine(which is usually an computer automated decision)

Its basically if your application goes to an actual lender they will look of your account and possibly ask for more details like other accounts. If they see lots of betting transactions they more than likely decline your application

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Any bets on the Grand National?

I've gone with Rathvinden.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

On that as well. And Lakeview Lad and Tiger Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pentecost wrote: »
    On that as well. And Lakeview Lad and Tiger Roll.

Congrats. :cool:

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Get in. That’s three years in a row I’ve had the winner now! I’m only doing very small bets but it’s good craic cheering them home. Had Rathvinden each way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any bets on the Grand National?

I've gone with Rathvinden.

Jury Duty didn't finish in top 6

Tiger Roll double GN winner

Have my Samsung s10 a month now and love it but still waiting on the free galaxy buds. My claim was validated on the 15th March. Says they would be sent out between 30 days from successful validation

Too good of an offer too let go and I shall contact them if there still not here by the end of the week

oMackeral got banned, any contact details for him?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

oMackeral got banned, any contact details for him?

I don't, but it's a temporary site-wide ban. I'm posting this publicly to inform but also to move on, as talking about banned users is a no-no. But as a PW regular, i'd expect to see him back in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Omackeral = the new Benoit?

He'll be back.... with a new Gimmick....

What's Al O Mack doing in the Impact Zone?

EDIT:

AdvancedGh0st - i've dropped you Mack's contact info in a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 60,349 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Happy New Year Lads and Lasses. ;)

• Advertisement

Had a week of it

Sunday emergency dentist appointment and got a tooth taken out

Monday went back got a root canal on another one

Today got a small bit of bone taken out of the tooth i got out and my God it hurt as it was the very bottom

Still not out of the woods yet but had too be done

Doesn't help with the bad news of Waterford not getting a Euro place. ****ing UEFA rules

Advertisement