Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ERG89 wrote: »
    Hopefully its better than GOTG2 which was boring imo.
    I find the MCU a lot more hit and miss than others tho

I much much preferred the 2nd movie to the 1st, not sure if thats a controversial opinion

I could be blinded because I heard how good the movie was for years and watched it in the middle of finally watching all the mcu movies last summer, I didn't feel the hype matched the output for that movie, but the 2nd one got me in trouble with housemates for laughing so much

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Happy St. Patrick's Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Hope ye don't mind this.
    Having a bit of a car dilemma with my radio and wondering if anyone here has any knowledge.
    Here's my post from some other forum.
    Hi lads, driving a Peugeot 107 and the button to switch over to CD/Aux seems to have stopped working. I'll attach a photo of the radio so it makes a bit more sense.

Basically the button is unresponsive. Nothing to do with the aux cord (and I assume the same for the CD player that's never used) as even when the radio is off and I press the cd/aux button on the top left of the photo it'll turn on to that mode in particular.

Blown fuse?

s-l300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ah lads, i'm half killed.

Herself at home started on a diet about 8 weeks ago, and roped me into it. I lost about a stone on it, but the weight loss has plateaued now.

So, i started going to a gym there Tuesday evening. Haven't been in the door of a gym since i was 18 (about half a lifetime ago). Was at the aul squattin' last night, and i'm in bits.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ah lads, i'm half killed.

Herself at home started on a diet about 8 weeks ago, and roped me into it. I lost about a stone on it, but the weight loss has plateaued now.

So, i started going to a gym there Tuesday evening. Haven't been in the door of a gym since i was 18 (about half a lifetime ago). Was at the aul squattin' last night, and i'm in bits.

Fair play to you Gerry, if you weren’t feeling the effects you wouldn’t be doing it right. The important thing is keeping it up. Go regularly and when you feel it less increase your workload and feel good about yourself.

Go irregularly (like myself) and You may be wasting your time going at all as you’ll feel like your killing yourself each time

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Great too here gerry

I'm doing my weights at home 3/4 a week and 150 push ups and feel/look great. Can be quite sore and annoying some days but its works. Need too add more cardio and thinking walking would be my down my alley

My diet is still terrible but I've cut down a lot on junk food

I take my vitamins and say my prayers

I tip my hats to those who can tackle going to a gym, tried it before and it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I tip my hats to those who can tackle going to a gym, tried it before and it wasn't my cup of tea.

I actually dont mind it once i get there. For me it's just getting there is my issue ha

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've been piss poor with my food since Xmas. Fell a bit off the wagon in terms of keeping calories down. Have lost a bit of weight but....like, I've got a big slice of chocolate cake here in front of me, had Pizza last night and a Chinese due tomorrow.

Come Monday, I'm just going to go nuts properly again. I got a little muscly this time last year and loved how I felt and looked. Its hard work but the payoff is so confidence-boosting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I actually dont mind it once i get there. For me it's just getting there is my issue ha

This times a million if I go I’ll have a great session but I just can’t force myself there

Thankfully I do a 40 minute walk to and from my car everyday for work which has saved me from my terrible diet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm a lazy good for nuthin' shift-working fatso and I love it. :P

Don't have the time or inclination to go the gym tbh.

More power to those who do, it's just not for me.

Tried with several different places in the past. Fitness regimes, personal plans, the works. Just never liked it or could stick to anything.

I read shift working (been there) as **** posting, and I was thinking you can get paid to **** post online..

Then I re-read and was severely :(

Joke shop of a performance in Gibraltar. Going up too the Georgia game on Tuesday and dreading it a bit now

Going too the hurling league semi finals tomorrow hoping for a Waterford win. Galway will be up for this in a big way. Limerick vs Dublin in the other semi

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Joke shop of a performance in Gibraltar. Going up too the Georgia game on Tuesday and dreading it a bit now

A win's a win but yes not a great performance (bar Randolph) and poor John Delaney steps down, steps aside, resigns, rehired :confused: but still part of FAI :rolleyes:

Pre-production is finished as of yesterday, tracking begins in a few days.

https://twitter.com/TremontiMichael/status/1110885577694552064

Pre-production is finished as of yesterday, tracking begins in a few days.

https://twitter.com/TremontiMichael/status/1110885577694552064

I've never seen them live deff will if they play here on there next tour

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I've never seen them live deff will if they play here on there next tour

I'd definitely say they'll come back when the album's out.

Mothers Day alert lads - coming this sunday.

I'm telling ye, this having kids craic is all fun and games until Mother's day rolls around. Then you have to go out and not only get a gift for your own mother, but also one on behalf of the kids as well, for the wife.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

gerrybbadd wrote:
    I'm telling ye, this having kids craic is all fun and games until Mother's day rolls around. Then you have to go out and not only get a gift for your own mother, but also one on behalf of the kids as well, for the wife.

And woe betide you should it be forgotten or lacklustre. :pac:

It's annoying as I hate stuff like this and refuse to acknowledge the other Hallmark created day for us fathers but I'm not allowed to forget this one :(

• Advertisement

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Mothers Day alert lads - coming this sunday.

Necro wrote: »
    And woe betide you should it be forgotten or lacklustre. :pac:

It's annoying as I hate stuff like this and refuse to acknowledge the other Hallmark created day for us fathers but I'm not allowed to forget this one :(

Making mental note of this for future Hallmark created days.

Also it's making me rethink having kids down the line if this is the hassle it involves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Got the mother one of the cordless Dysons, she's been wanting one for ages! Gave it to her this morning and she's delighted with it, house has never been so clean :D

Got the mother one of the cordless Dysons, she's been wanting one for ages! Gave it to her this morning and she's delighted with it, house has never been so clean :D

Good thing she's happy - it could have gone the other way.

Like the Xmas i bought my mother an electric tin opener years back....

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

just asked the missus to pick up a bunch of flowers on her way home for my mam. she said no. :p

Dont forget folks clocks go forward saturday night. I've promised the missus she can have an extra hour in bed (dont think she realises the clocks were going forward):D

Most of the kids have already made the homemade cards and stuff in school. Thats more special than a standard hallmark card that says Mum, Mummy, Mom, Mommy etc.....If they have a Ma or Mam card i'll pick it up, but they can be rare these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Gorgeous night for football here in the capital. I'll be at a sold out Dalymount Park to see Bohs vs St Pats. Dundalk vs Cork City is live on RTE2 if anyone is interested in checking out the latest installment of that rivalry.

Just saw all the great fitness posts here. Well done everyone. Well done brother Gerry. I started Slimming World with my gf this year and have to say it's been great. Last night I got three awards at once and nearly died of embarrassment when they all start clapping ha. Got Slimmer of the Month , 1.5 Stone Loss Award and a thing called a Club 10 Award which means you've dropped 10% of your body weight. Aiming to be down 2 Stone in the next few weeks. It's mostly down to sensible diet and a small bit of exercise 4 or 5 days a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's mostly down to sensible diet and a small bit of exercise 4 or 5 days a week.

It really is that simple when you're in the swing of things

Lost 3 stone last summer with little bother, but on going back to college in September I said I'd be a little easier on myself for a few weeks, that few weeks was 7 months ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just start back nice and slowly man. Maybe do a 35 or 40 minute walk and that's loads. You don't need to be pounding the pavement like a mad thing. I think late night snacking is a killer as well as you don't work off any of the intake while you sleep.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Gorgeous night for football here in the capital. I'll be at a sold out Dalymount Park to see Bohs vs St Pats. Dundalk vs Cork City is live on RTE2 if anyone is interested in checking out the latest installment of that rivalry.

Just saw all the great fitness posts here. Well done everyone. Well done brother Gerry. I started Slimming World with my gf this year and have to say it's been great. Last night I got three awards at once and nearly died of embarrassment when they all start clapping ha. Got Slimmer of the Month , 1.5 Stone Loss Award and a thing called a Club 10 Award which means you've dropped 10% of your body weight. Aiming to be down 2 Stone in the next few weeks. It's mostly down to sensible diet and a small bit of exercise 4 or 5 days a week.

Nice one dude, serious progress there. 1.5 stone is a fair whack to lose.

God scumbags come in all genders/sexual preferences

In a pub and a row breaks out between a group of women on a night out and a gay lad and his wag. It the was the gay lad and his wag who started it cause the group were loud. The group were fine too me as they were ur general hyper womens group and were in too cause no harm.

Prob went too much into this than ye cared lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hard to believe The Matrix is 20 years old now. Anyone see it in the cinema at the time? I didn't watch it until a few years later on DVD and enjoyed it. Haven't seen the sequels.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Advertisement