Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

7 years off the smokes today!

That’s savage! Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Did you go cold turkey on them or used a patch? Or a combination of both..

Went cold turkey after years of trying everything else I felt they were just a doing nothing except reminding me I was trying to quit everyday and they had me thinking about the smokes everyday putting on a patch or chewing gum.

Cold turkey I said that's it I'm done don't think about them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Been out of the loop here over most the xmas etc, but back in the game now!

Hope ye all had a fantastic xmas, and best wishes for the new year. We've a great community here, and I look forward to interacting with you all over 2019 & beyond.

Belated happy birthday to you PTH, and Grames, best wishes to you and your new wife, congrats on the wedding man.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,784 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder how many houses in ireland have the mixed box of sweets

For a example a box of celebrations with leftovers of Roses/Heroes etc in it lol

Always end up buying ****e in dealz over Xmas and still have a few bags of sweets left. I guess I can't leave them go too waste lol

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder how many houses in ireland have the mixed box of sweets

For a example a box of celebrations with leftovers of Roses/Heroes etc in it lol

Always end up buying ****e in dealz over Xmas and still have a few bags of sweets left. I guess I can't leave them go too waste lol

Ya, a big box of mixed sweets, though it's mostly the rotten ones now. Orange roses, Creme Egg twisted sweets, few rice krispie buns (the kids made them for Santa this year), the arse ends of a few selection boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,062 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lads im in a fantastic mood - got myself married yesterday so ive been dancing since!

Crashing hard now so probably wont make midnight so ill say it now: Happy New year y'all!!

Congrats

Hope ye all have a great 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

People who've watched the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy - Should I watch Red Dragon first?

People who've watched the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy - Should I watch Red Dragon first?

Thats the chronological way of looking at it, but i'm not sure it matters. There's also Hannibal Rising, which is based on Hannibal as a teen.

The 1986 Manhunter movie is worth a watch too, it's basically Red Dragon

A bit of my teens have my ruined now with Panic at the disco back sounding a lot different with prob a new clientele fans of there music now

High hopes is catchy but it's no 'I write sins not tragedies'

Fall out boy the same went from rock too this rap/pop radio friendly stuff

I'll stick to the novelty acts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Thats the chronological way of looking at it, but i'm not sure it matters. There's also Hannibal Rising, which is based on Hannibal as a teen.

The 1986 Manhunter movie is worth a watch too, it's basically Red Dragon

I watched the all out of order, didnt make much if a difference.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I watched the all out of order, didnt make much if a difference.

Same here dude.

After Kevin Spacey released that crazy video before the xmas, it kinda piqued my interest in House of Cards again. I had watched up to mid ways through Season 3, and kinda forgot about it.

Went back to it again. A most enjoyable show, but it's been tarnished after the revelations that came out about Spacey

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watch Manhunter it's the best of the lot for me.

Watch Manhunter it's the best of the lot for me.

Brian Cox is exceptional.

I always thought Hopkins was untouchable as Lecter until I saw this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Same here dude.

After Kevin Spacey released that crazy video before the xmas, it kinda piqued my interest in House of Cards again. I had watched up to mid ways through Season 3, and kinda forgot about it.

Went back to it again. A most enjoyable show, but it's been tarnished after the revelations that came out about Spacey

The last season was a mess unfortunately.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Silence of the lambs and Hopkins is probably the safest way to get someone on board with the movies imo, after that you might like the others more based off what went first. Hannibal seemed quite divisive, think people who liked that kind of movie liked it (or went with it) while others didn't for instance

Onto the web editing module on my ECDL

****ing hate KompoZer It's so complicated. I'm following the tutorial from the course providers step by step and I keep doing something wrong in KompoZer itself. HTML is hard too read and understand

Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

HTML is easy peasy :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    HTML is easy peasy :pac:

I wish

I can't seem too moved the cursor from one <div> container too create another one. The ECDL tutorial never showed how to do it and I can't find help online

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wish

I can't seem too moved the cursor from one <div> container too create another one. The ECDL tutorial never showed how to do it and I can't find help online

I remember when I did it, we used W3schools.com; it's a very handy website.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cheap plug, lads and lasses.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057947165

Myself and Beaker are running next month's Werewolf game, and the theme is "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"

We're making sure it's friendly to new users, so if you've ever been curious how the whole game works, this could be a great game to jump on board with :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Highly recommend giving Werewolf a shot if you have time. It's a week full of fun and suspicion, where afterwards you'll look at other Boardsies in a totally different light :pac: New players always welcome and if there's any questions, feel free to PM any of the regulars (me, BH, beaker, Lordie, Lough) and we'll do our best to help you out. Or you can ask over on Forum Games in the dedicated WW thread!

Necro wrote: »
    Highly recommend giving Werewolf a shot if you have time. It's a week full of fun and suspicion, where afterwards you'll look at other Boardsies in a totally different light :pac: New players always welcome and if there's any questions, feel free to PM any of the regulars (me, BH, beaker, Lordie, Lough) and we'll do our best to help you out. Or you can ask over on Forum Games in the dedicated WW thread!

As myself and Lord are modding, we will be in a great position to help any new players out.

Our game will be perfect for new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Werewolf. Could you give us a one liner "What is this?".

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ShagNastii wrote: »

Not sure if you can sell it very well in one line but:

A forum based RPG where you have to find and kill the wolves (bad players pretending to be on your team) based on their actions actions in order to save the village.

If you are already interested enough to ask why not give it a shot, they are usually themed games too which make them more interesting to the average person due to the flavor being used. For example the 2nd game of WW I played was a WWF themed one and my role was that of a member of DX. Off the top of my head I cannot recall what the baddies roles were but probably WCW guys like Bischoff. They run Vanilla games (ones without all the bells and whistles some themed games come with) too if you want a more simplified introduction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

ShagNastii wrote: »

In essence:
    The game is composed of two teams: werewolves and townsfolk. The objective of the werewolves is to kill off all the villagers without themselves being killed. The objective of the townsfolk is to figure out who the werewolves are and kill them.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Cheap plug, lads and lasses.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057947165

Myself and Beaker are running next month's Werewolf game, and the theme is "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!"

We're making sure it's friendly to new users, so if you've ever been curious how the whole game works, this could be a great game to jump on board with :)

IAC is a guilty pleasure of mine but have not got the foggiest notion of how to play :o

Happy 6 nations weekend everyone

Nervous about tomorrow England owe us one and are well up for this game. Nothing pleases me more than beating them esp with Eddie Jones in charge

Overall going to be a competitive 6Ns as all teams impressed greatly last Autumn

Superbowl Sunday, looking forward to the ads and trailers :p come on Rams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Superbowl Sunday, looking forward to the ads and trailers :p come on Rams

You mean this guy, right :pac:

14d191672817bb7b27b01cafd1020de2.jpg

I'll be awake for it but unfortunately working night shift so won't get to see it :(

• Advertisement

I see what you did there Necro :pac:

Advertisement