Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

As a casual boxing fan, really looking forward to watching the Wilder vs Fury fight tonight/tomorrow morning.
    Would love to see Fury winning, with all the sh¡t he's taken over his mental health issues and subsequent weight problems, it'd be great to see him silence the critics and haters.
    Wilder seems to be the real deal though, he has crazy power in his punches. Gonna be good to see how the fight plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 37,774 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

question for all the tech heads

A pop up has started showing up on my laptop saying 'your windows account is about to expire soon' ??

i bought this laptop with Windows 10 home edition installed in Aug 2017 and ill be pissed off if i have too pay to continue using windows. Never any mention of a limtied windows licence

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    question for all the tech heads

A pop up has started showing up on my laptop saying 'your windows account is about to expire soon' ??

i bought this laptop with Windows 10 home edition installed in Aug 2017 and ill be pissed off if i have too pay to continue using windows. Never any mention of a limtied windows licence

There should be a windows key in the documentation that came with the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Captain Marvel trailer coming tomorrow morning, and the Avengers 4 trailer on Wednesday..

• Advertisement

This day 38 years ago the music world was shocked when Beatle John Lennon was gunned down outside his New York apartment

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This day 38 years ago the music world was shocked when Beatle John Lennon was gunned down outside his New York apartment

14 years ago, Pantera guitarist Dimebag Darrell was gunned down on stage while playing with his other band Damageplan in Columbus, Ohio.

Also Corey Taylor's birthday today.

You know it's Christmas when the darts start

Great opening night. The female player really put it up to the guy she played. Cross started off slow but came into the game too win it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The female player really put it up to the guy she played.
    Wait, what? Did this happen tonight?

Wait, what? Did this happen tonight?

Yeah Lisa Aston played tonight, beaten 3-1 but played very well.

https://www.facebook.com/147101415337274/posts/1997394100307987/

• Advertisement

https://open.spotify.com/album/56XBq3OEHjGziPzt0RbdG3?si=P6sq__apQYWqTTn2nTYAew

Check this out

Imo Sounds identical too another hard rock legendary band

Why the **** did u just buy a classic PlayStation lol

Needed a tech fix for Xmas I suppose. Nothing beats classic gaming with simple controls

• Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

SNES and NES Classic mini? Since they can be hacked and are being supposedly discontinued.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    SNES and NES Classic mini? Since they can be hacked and are being supposedly discontinued.

I got a SNES mini. They can be hacked now?

Hackable pretty much since day 1. Haven't done it myself but the solution is out there.

Mourinho gone - no big surprise there!

LAds, re: Retro consoles etc. Anyone considered the Raspberry Pie?

It's as easy as, well, pie to set one up, and you then have multiple systems at your disposal, for cheaper than the cost of one of these retro mini consoles.

If anyone would like to know more about these, shoot me a PM. - Should mention, i'm not selling anything here either!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Gerry this kind of thing would interest me, are there any youtube vids on setting it up would ya recommend/creators you like? I saw LGR had one for a better PS1 emulator

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Gerry this kind of thing would interest me, are there any youtube vids on setting it up would ya recommend/creators you like? I saw LGR had one for a better PS1 emulator

I'll shoot ya a PM dude

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    LAds, re: Retro consoles etc. Anyone considered the Raspberry Pie?

It's as easy as, well, pie to set one up, and you then have multiple systems at your disposal, for cheaper than the cost of one of these retro mini consoles.

If anyone would like to know more about these, shoot me a PM. - Should mention, i'm not selling anything here either!
    Friend of mine has it alright. How much altogether?

Friend of mine has it alright. How much altogether?

The Pie itself is about 35 quid (UK money, so what, €40?)

You'll need an SD card (though i think the Pie might ship with one in the box, it's a Micro SD you'll need). Think we all have some form of a Micro SD card lying around.

A power cable (your phone charger will work, it's the Micro USB - I've powered my Pie using a USB cable ran from the USB port on the TV).

Joypads - you'll get these cheap enough online, even your PS4 pad will work over bluetooth. Think i got 2 SNES style USB pads for £12 or that.

If you wanted a case for the Pie, another €10 or so would cover it, but this is not necessary at all.

• Advertisement

Learning how too crack the ps classic but can't locate where to get the game files ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back at ManU as interim boss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

The Pie itself is about 35 quid (UK money, so what, €40?)

You'll need an SD card (though i think the Pie might ship with one in the box, it's a Micro SD you'll need). Think we all have some form of a Micro SD card lying around.

A power cable (your phone charger will work, it's the Micro USB - I've powered my Pie using a USB cable ran from the USB port on the TV).

Joypads - you'll get these cheap enough online, even your PS4 pad will work over bluetooth. Think i got 2 SNES style USB pads for £12 or that.

If you wanted a case for the Pie, another €10 or so would cover it, but this is not necessary at all.

How easy is this thing to rig up Gerry, would somebody who knows **** all about it but with instructions do it easily enough. See them being sold already rigged up, x2 SNES replica controllers and with 11,000 per loaded games for about €140.

How easy is this thing to rig up Gerry, would somebody who knows **** all about it but with instructions do it easily enough. See them being sold already rigged up, x2 SNES replica controllers and with 11,000 per loaded games for about €140.

It's very easy dude.

It's a matter of putting a file on the SD Card and putting the card into the Pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

It's very easy dude.

It's a matter of putting a file on the SD Card and putting the card into the Pie.

There a certain site where you download the games for it?

There a certain site where you download the games for it?
    Download game ROMs, I remember CoolRom.com was one.

Sorry to wreck your head Gerry, is there any tutorial video that you could personally recommend? Also, if you were to get a PS2 emulator on it could you then mod it?

Also, which particular Pi?

Download game ROMs, I remember CoolRom.com was one.

Sorry to wreck your head Gerry, is there any tutorial video that you could personally recommend? Also, if you were to get a PS2 emulator on it could you then mod it?

Also, which particular Pi?

The Pie 3 is the best one available lads.

I've no one particular video, they're fairly easy to find on youtube anyhow.

I won't discuss where to get ROMS (bannable offence!), so Google is your friend.

What i will say is, if you get a build, the ROMs etc are usually included in that

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Never fully feels like Christmas here in fact I am busier than usual because where I work has Christmas performances etc and I am working tomorrow and Tuesday but... Merry Christmas everyone! hope you all have a great one and Santi brings you all something special this year.

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas everyone.

Advertisement