Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Davei141 wrote: »
    Yeah i saw it yesterday for the price you said. It was a serious bargain.

I reckon you'll see it dropped to about the €350 mark after xmas this year. And further thereafter with bundles as Microsoft and Sony battle for position and market share.

That said €400 for a new machine to market imo is cheap. Look back at the PS1 and 2 launches. Launch prices were definately higher.

If it had any decent/interesting games I'd jump on it even at €400 but alas it'll take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got preowned Thief, Infamous, Watchdogs delivered to Parcelmotel for £60 on grainger games site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

sweetie wrote: »
    Got preowned Thief, Infamous, Watchdogs delivered to Parcelmotel for £60 on grainger games site

Great deal. You would probably make money selling them into CeX providing you finished them in a decent time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Advertisement

Preordered last of us ps4 for £30 delivered to parcel motel from GameStop uk. About 42 euro all in.
    Gonna play the dlc and trade it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Before I pull the trigger on a PS4, where is the best deals on these, or will I simply keep an eye on Adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think I saw them in pixmania for 389, otherwise Smyth's and others start at 399.
    Unless you go online elsewhere - sorry no clue. I prefer to go to bricks and mortar for something like this just in case.

Good call though - think you'll enjoy it, especially as more games start to get released.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It wasn't really picking a PS4 over a XB1, it was which one to get first really, and No Man's Sky clinched it.
    I'll pick up an XB1 later on this year, maybe in the Spring.
    I have a WiiU already but I still find myself playing Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Didn't mean it like that at all. Personally I would love both just for the exclusives but cost is an issue for me.
    Am sure you know already but make sure you get PS+ as soon as possible and always "buy" every free game - even for vita / ps3 just in case you go there if you are not already (see you have a PS3, so if you have +, pop in now for the current freebies).

In terms of games this time around
    > The Last of Us (am guessing it's great but haven't played the PS4 version) - Tomb Raider - Wolfenstein (loving it) -
    and a load more - depends what you are into.

Destiny is coming soon - just spotted the free demo (expired 27th) in another thread here.

• Advertisement

Every few weeks I think once again about buying an XB1 ,but every time it comes up I remember the stupid battery packs on the controllers ...and I just can't get past that fact.

I have more than enough credit in CEX and Smyhts to pick up one cheap, but I just can't get over the battery thing.

I'm just gonna hold out for the Morpheus or Oculus VR unit.

On another note ...XV has an "up to 70% " sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

On another note ...XV has an "up to 70% " sale today.

Where are there details of this can't find anything online. Any good ps4 games offers?

^^ I got a txt to my phone last night . It says that its instore and online. I can't find anything online yet. Maybe it will go live after 11pm (store opening times)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Before I pull the trigger on a PS4, where is the best deals on these, or will I simply keep an eye on Adverts?

I'm in the same boat, the best deal I've seen so far is in gamestop

€500 for 2 controllers, PS camera and Infamous Second Son

Also they have a deal next week that you can trade in Infamous for TLOU for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wolfenstein deal in Smyths is over

Got paid today and went in and it was back up to €64.99 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Avoid pixmania no matter the price, if anything happens you'll be fighting for every inch with them to get it sorted.

And if you still do make sure you use a credit card, there is a time limit for the additional protection CC offer but it's better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

I'm in the same boat, the best deal I've seen so far is in gamestop

€500 for 2 controllers, PS camera and Infamous Second Son

Also they have a deal next week that you can trade in Infamous for TLOU for €10
    I bought this today great deal. A ps4 and game is about 440 so you get the second controller and camera for 60

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Is the camera worth it?

Keno wrote: »
    Is the camera worth it?

Yepp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Yepp.

What do you use it for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Keno wrote: »
    Is the camera worth it?

Nope.
    Unplugged it after messing with it for a while and haven't plugged it back in.

If you broadcast your gameplay, it can be useful.

VR Ninjas is the only game I get to use my 4 controllers with . Its a great bit of craic with the kids.

With LBP coming soon the camera will be a must have for level design with the move controller...wich I also have.

Grab a camera while you can lads,their gonna be in short supply in the next few months I reckon...with LBP and if Sony get the finger out on Morpheus,wich I'm also waiting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

TheDoc wrote: »
    Wolfenstein deal in Smyths is over

Got paid today and went in and it was back up to €64.99 :(

I think I saw it for about €35 in Xtravision as part of the sale that started today. Don't quote me.

I think I saw it for about €35 in Xtravision as part of the sale that started today. Don't quote me.

sorry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I went into an xtravision yesterday and they didn't have any discount on games

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

IIRC Wolfenstein is €49.99 on Xbox One and PS4 in Xtravision/HMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bit pricey for a game I believe has for some reason no multiplayer? Might have a look online, I'm being told it's excellent and worth the purchase. (Anything at this stage that will make me USE my damn console )

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I bought The Last of Us Remastered for $50~€37 on US PSN, bought a $50 store card on Amazon.com, using an Oregon hotel address (avoids sales tax), used my Irish debit card with the billing address as the Hotel address, all worked fine, had my code and bought the game in 5 mins, i'll be playing this tomorrow. Better than giving Scamstop any money.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

Hi guys,

I saw guy on adverts saying that last weekend, well Saturday there was a deal for PS4 in HMV €299 - it is hard for me to believe but maybe this happened. Anyway he mentioned that HMV on their facebook page said they will do more deals like that but they are just one day kind of deals. It would be sweet but again it is hard for me to believe.

Anyway I think it is time for me to get PS4 and that €500 for 2 controllers, PS camera and Infamous Second Son deal looks best so far but does anyone know how long it will last?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Second son is good, don't know if thats good. Its very short.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement