Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestop has it at the much more reasonable €50 now. Its also worth noting that HMV are offering 30% extra trade in credit till the end of July on any games, so it might be worth your while heading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Remember when you used to get change back from a €50 note for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

AGoodison wrote: »
    It's 43 in smyths.

Feck all good to me as the nearest one is in Cork. I'll spend more on petrol and parking getting, then just buying it.

50eu in gamestop sounds very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For the UK based boardsies. Gamestop UK have what looks like a great price for the TLOU bundle

TLOU PS4 Bundle - £340

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

cloud493 wrote: »
    Gamestop has it at the much more reasonable €50 now. Its also worth noting that HMV are offering 30% extra trade in credit till the end of July on any games, so it might be worth your while heading there.

Do HMV do a sort of trade in now towards shop credit kind of thing?

I have TLOU, GTA V and PS4 Fifa to get rid of for Destiny and TLOU so wouldn't mind getting the best value possible....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Varik wrote: »
    Remember when you used to get change back from a €50 note for games.

And buy a packet of Werthers Original with the change? Grandad!!:pac:

Fieldog wrote: »
    Do HMV do a sort of trade in now towards shop credit kind of thing?

I have TLOU, GTA V and PS4 Fifa to get rid of for Destiny and TLOU so wouldn't mind getting the best value possible....

Its just 30% extra credit on all games. Not a specific trade in deal, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

PS3 Blu Ray Controller in Tesco on display for €24.99, scanning at a euro. Handy for using with the likes of Netflix as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Blu-ray-Remote-Control-PS3/dp/B000MWQTLU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405108673&sr=8-3&keywords=ps3+remote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

PS3 Blu Ray Controller in Tesco on display for €24.99, scanning at a euro. Handy for using with the likes of Netflix as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Blu-ray-Remote-Control-PS3/dp/B000MWQTLU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405108673&sr=8-3&keywords=ps3+remote

:p

I have made well in excess of €1k out of tesco in the last month buying up games and accessories in their sale and bringing them into Cex, Xtravision and Smyths.

Its been my dirty little secret :p

Ffs. €1 in Tesco for Def jame Rapstar on the Wii and €10 cash or €15 credit in Xtravision ...as an example :rolleyes: I have sold Xv about 12 of these at least and just loaded up my account with cash.

Tesco €3 for Mario party 9 , Smyths €22 cash or €28 store credit...Sweeet, I have over a hundred on my plastic Smyths card as well :o

I got a sweet i7 3770 cpu, 2 Samsung 840 pro ssd's from Cex ,and still have €250 credit ...and that is without all the games I traded for cash in there... The best one to look out for is "Rugby 2011" it costs €1 in Tesco. On the PS3 I was getting back €10 cash or €14 credit...its gone down now though because I traded in loads of them :D .its still €7 cash and €10 credit on Xb .

Cex take 10 of the same items at a time...by the way.

I have cleaned out Tesco's in , Waterford x4 stores , Clonmel , New Ross , Carlow , Newbridge , Naas, Celbridge , Maynooth ,Finglas and Clare hall.

Ahh Yess...the memories ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hungry

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

:p

I have made well in excess of €1k out of tesco in the last month buying up games and accessories in their sale and bringing them into Cex, Xtravision and Smyths.

Its been my dirty little secret :p

Ffs. €1 in Tesco for Def jame Rapstar on the Wii and €10 cash or €15 credit in Xtravision ...as an example :rolleyes: I have sold Xv about 12 of these at least and just loaded up my account with cash.

Tesco €3 for Mario party 9 , Smyths €22 cash or €28 store credit...Sweeet, I have over a hundred on my plastic Smyths card as well :o

I got a sweet i7 3770 cpu, 2 Samsung 840 pro ssd's from Cex ,and still have €250 credit ...and that is without all the games I traded for cash in there... The best one to look out for is "Rugby 2011" it costs €1 in Tesco. On the PS3 I was getting back €10 cash or €14 credit...its gone down now though because I traded in loads of them :D .its still €7 cash and €10 credit on Xb .

Cex take 10 of the same items at a time...by the way.

I have cleaned out Tesco's in , Waterford x4 stores , Clonmel , New Ross , Carlow , Newbridge , Naas, Celbridge , Maynooth ,Finglas and Clare hall.

Ahh Yess...the memories ;)

Holy moley me, that's some haul. I only bought a PS3 at Christmas (in Tesco for €80) so I picked up a huge haul of games with everything they were selling off. I bother going down the same route as yourself but it really was a great way to make money for nothing.

In fairness, how in the feck are XtraVision or CeX going to make any of that money on tat like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Holy moley me, that's some haul. I only bought a PS3 at Christmas (in Tesco for €80) so I picked up a huge haul of games with everything they were selling off. I bother going down the same route as yourself but it really was a great way to make money for nothing.

In fairness, how in the feck are XtraVision or CeX going to make any of that money on tat like that?

I have asked them all that ...and the answer in all three stores was the same " well thats the price the system is telling me " :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

F1ngers wrote: »
    Flash sale on the US PSN:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/07/11/flash-sale-20-games-0-99-each-this-weekend-only/#sf3674980

Also, three Syphon Filters for $0.99 each.
    how do i buy off the us store?

how do i buy off the us store?

Set up a USA account.

Some Irish credit cards work on that store. For my CC to work, I had to use my Irish address, but when I got to zip/state you have to pick a US zip/state.
    Buy $10, $20 or $50 US PSN card off ebay/amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If the vita allowed multiple accounts similar to ps3/4 I would be all over Syphon Filter and Dino Crisis.

But no way I'm wasting my time switching cards and accounts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

WRC 4 on Vita fot €14.99
    WRC 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

What is the lowest you can expect a PS3 game to sell for on PSN? Demons souls if its still 5 euro is tempting but I have it for PS+ so would just be a for keeps version

What is the lowest you can expect a PS3 game to sell for on PSN? Demons souls if its still 5 euro is tempting but I have it for PS+ so would just be a for keeps version

I reckon €5.
    For example, the FF PS1 games only get down to €5, normally €10.
    €5 to guarantee owning the best PS3 game(imo) is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,523 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Personally I'd not bother, as I'll likely have plus most of the time and even if I let it lapse the game will still be on my account when I resub.

There can be plus discounts on top but I'd doubt you'd see more than another 10% off for games already discounted that much.
    5, 7/8, 10, and 12/15 seem to be the lower end price points for everything, and then the odd Plus discount on top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ok guys, I've decided I wanna get a PS4 today, where in Dublin has the best deals?
    I see CEX have them second hand for the same price as new, €399 :eek: Whats that all about?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ok guys, I've decided I wanna get a PS4 today, where in Dublin has the best deals?
    I see CEX have them second hand for the same price as new, €399 :eek: Whats that all about?

Any ideas?

Thanks

It's €400 wherever you go, afaIk.
    If you see a game bundled, you might save a few euro.

You might get a bargain on adverts.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yeah seems like €400 is the price. I'll have a look around today anyway, chance me arm an all dat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

think argos had a deal with watchdogs recently. I bought mine in CEX for 430 as I had amassed nearly 500 in credit. Adverts has had some great deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

sweetie wrote: »
    think argos had a deal with watchdogs recently. I bought mine in CEX for 430 as I had amassed nearly 500 in credit. Adverts has had some great deals.

Yep I got ps4/watchdogs bundle for 419.99. The day after I reserved it on the website they put the price up to 439.99 but was able to show my price via receved email so got the discount.
    I'm thinking it was a pricing error

http://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/ps4/ps4-bundles

Base PS4 for €360, including a game for €395.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

http://www.harveynorman.ie/gaming/ps4/ps4-bundles

Base PS4 for €360, including a game for €395.

I genuinely dont know why I opened the link as I'm not buying one any time soon but anyway the link shows €399 for the base model and €439 for the bundles unless I'm missing something. :confused:

Well it was yesterday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I need another coffee. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Yeah i saw it yesterday for the price you said. It was a serious bargain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement