Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What gives her the right to behave like a 5 year old? Give her a serious earful. You dont have to feel it just let her see your aggression (non physical)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Housemate has been at me all day

She refused to let me use the cooker all night for the past 3 hours and told me she needed all rings when i wonted to do was cook my soup.

She then when i am trying to watch i am a cleb she comes out and sits right in front of the TV and calls home and starts talking as load as she can.

I have now started to get the shakes over how angry she is making me when all i wonted to do was eat and watch TV she won't even let me !!!

A major problem i have when i get stressed i start coming out in huge blood spots on my forehead and my forehead was perfect for the past 6 months on to the last 3 weeks i have had countless large red spots on my forehead.

Your post as actually made me so angry. If that was me I would just turn up the tv. Or say excuse me would you mind I'm watching tv.
    Nobody has the right to use all the rings. She has to realise she lives in a houseshare. Therefore consideration has to be given to others. Next time or even now call her up on her behaviour if you can. It is your home also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

What gives her the right to behave like a 5 year old? Give her a serious earful. You dont have to feel it just let her see your aggression (non physical)

See i used to get very angry all the time before and i know how to count to ten and walk away from things since.

Like i am watching tv and she gos and turns the light off on me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

See i used to get very angry all the time before and i know how to count to ten and walk away from things since.

Like i am watching tv and she gos and turns the light off on me

Why don't you just try to count to ten and then call her up on her behaviour. Try and stay calm and non confrontial. You can't walk anyway when someone is making you uncomfortable in your own home.

greenfrogs wrote: »
    Why don't you just try to count to ten and then call her up on her behaviour. Try and stay calm and non confrontial. You can't walk anyway when someone is making you uncomfortable in your own home.

I have called her up on 4 times now and she just starts insulting my mother and me and basically everything she can like she is not happy with anything i do.

There the other night i had one friend up and she gave out that i left 2 glasses, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of coke on the table in sitting room she desides to give out about this when i come up at 2.30am .... When you know yourlself from drinking you clean 1st thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Just try and be as honest with yourself as possible that's all ye can do. Allow yourself to think good things and allow yourself to think bad things. Just thinking them doesn't have any material effect on anything and it can be quite therapeutic to let your mind process it all even hypothetically.

Last night I had a very weird experience. My life has been as low as it has ever has been. Not leaving my room really, not talking to anyone etc. but when I went to bed last night a wave relief came over me (thought it might be some form of medical emergency at one point), it was kind of like being on ecstacy in that I just started breathing and feeling.

A strange meditation began where I was breathing very naturally but allowing my mind to go as fast as it could. Usually when I try to meditate I don't allow the mental chatter or try and force my mind onto my breath but last night I followed my mind at a mile a minute while ALSO being conscious of the good feeling my body was producing. Every one of my problems that I think about suddenly had a solution. It went:

Let mind race into arena of the problem. Ah there's the solution. Next problem. Boom. Solution. Again, as fast as my mind could go.

But I'm back to normal now.

Sounds really interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

anyone ever give buddism a go.....supposed to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I have called her up on 4 times now and she just starts insulting my mother and me and basically everything she can like she is not happy with anything i do.

There the other night i had one friend up and she gave out that i left 2 glasses, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of coke on the table in sitting room she desides to give out about this when i come up at 2.30am .... When you know yourlself from drinking you clean 1st thing.

Have you contacted your landlord?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Have you contacted your landlord?

Yap 4 times now over her and tomorrow will be 5th time over her i have fired on a email to the landlord over her there tonight as i was at the doctor for the 1st time in ages over my Anxiety and stress from her

Yap 4 times now over her and tomorrow will be 5th time over her i have fired on a email to the landlord over her there tonight as i was at the doctor for the 1st time in ages over my Anxiety and stress from her

Log everything. Times and dates, what was said...the lot. When you hear back then it looks good that you are logging everything. The personal harassment is the one that'll make the landlord act.

Oh and clean up your bloody mess after yourself :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

jesus, if it's any consolation, she's a fcukin nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭TiMe2PaRtYYYYY

Roquentin wrote: »
    anyone ever give buddism a go.....supposed to be good

Did you ever see what the real buddist believers do with their dead .... its an interesting concept...

Did you ever see what the real buddist believers do with their dead .... its an interesting concept...

what do they do

what do they do

Eagerly awaiting the reply :pac:

Log everything. Times and dates, what was said...the lot. When you hear back then it looks good that you are logging everything. The personal harassment is the one that'll make the landlord act.

Oh and clean up your bloody mess after yourself :p

Like i have been logging everything over the last week and i have 3 A 4 pages of everything

To make it worse i could leave you photos with how clean this place is :eek:

But the best is every time i go to the loo she gos in after me and cleans it with wet wipes.

what do they do

Buddhists believe in reincarnation so when a person dies, their spirit is believed to have exited the body to re-enter the circle of life as someone else. Since human body is just a vessel for the soul, the exiting of the soul leaves the body empty.

The Drigung Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism offers the empty body (corpse) to the vultures, whom they believe to be the Dakinis (Sky Dancers) – the Tibetan version of angels. After eating the corpse, the Dakinis arise back toward the sky, accommodating the ascent of the soul.

Like i have been logging everything over the last week and i have 3 A 4 pages of everything

To make it worse i could leave you photos with how clean this place is :eek:

But the best is every time i go to the loo she gos in after me and cleans it with wet wipes.

She sounds like a dream housemate for a recent poster on here. He is living with the complete opposite to her

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

She sounds like a dream housemate for a recent poster on here. He is living with the complete opposite to her

i want to live with this person(the clean one!)
    where do i sign up??:D

fiftythree wrote: »
    i want to live with this person(the clean one!)
    where do i sign up??:D

:pac: We have to try and laugh at these things to lift the spirits on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

:pac: We have to try and laugh at these things to lift the spirits on here.

of course!
    no other feasible way to cope with it.
    the heroin addict squatter has been thrown out and the locks changed.
    however the liberal and seemingly random distribution of
    faecal matter in the bathroom remains a cause of some concern.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

fiftythree wrote: »
    of course!
    no other feasible way to cope with it.
    the heroin addict squatter has been thrown out and the locks changed.
    however the liberal and seemingly random distribution of
    faecal matter in the bathroom remains a cause of some concern.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You'd think this would be the easiest problem to rectify

Problems are easy to rectify when you realise that one day you will be here and the next day you could be gone .... life is a gift... however for some it is a daily nightmare... my advice seek and you will find but always have love in your heart.

Buddhists believe in reincarnation so when a person dies, their spirit is believed to have exited the body to re-enter the circle of life as someone else. Since human body is just a vessel for the soul, the exiting of the soul leaves the body empty.

The Drigung Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism offers the empty body (corpse) to the vultures, whom they believe to be the Dakinis (Sky Dancers) – the Tibetan version of angels. After eating the corpse, the Dakinis arise back toward the sky, accommodating the ascent of the soul.

....sounds....good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

What I don't get is in therapy we're thought not to 'dwell' on the past and live in the 'now'
    But what if the now is the same as the past or worse.
    Can you ever really get over past traumas and bad decisions.
    And 'start again'.......

Im really fed up of trying over and over to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Freezing!!

handbagmad wrote: »
    What I don't get is in therapy we're thought not to 'dwell' on the past and live in the 'now'
    And 'start again'.......

The worst thing I find about this "staying present" thing is that I act irresponsibly. I probably take it too far, I overspend, overeat, overindulge. I don't think of the consequences. And it doesn't make me feel any better either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Freezing!! wrote: »
    The worst thing I find about this "staying present" thing is that I act irresponsibly. I probably take it too far, I overspend, overeat, overindulge. I don't think of the consequences. And it doesn't make me feel any better either.

It's very difficult for me to prevent myself from thinking about the future generally. When I have done I've ended up drinking almost everyday and doing other reckless things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What has happened can never be undone. Accept the past (and its hurt).

I'd love to tell you that I just woke up today and everything was brilliant.

Accept the past and know it will hurt a long while but act positively and that will heal. Slowly but heal. I now spend all my time and limited energy working for those in dire need and it is something strong and positive that replaces the past and heals. Being semi bedbound means I have time and resources to give.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

handbagmad wrote: »
    And 'start again'.......

Which is why I never used "therapy".

The housemate has been in the loo since 9am having a shower and i know myself she is doing it so i will be late this morning and so i will have no hot water !!! no way it takes 45 mins to have a shower !!!!

Considering she had a bath less then 10 hours ago !!!!!

I have been having shakes in my hands from the Anxiety all morning :/.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Having some really negative thoughts today. I've left a message with the therapist to see if she can fit me in today instead of Thursday. Feeling quite lost and afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement