Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

So where are you now in your head? What's going on?

To me, it sounds like you just have to cut your losses with the ex girlfriends and keep your head down for the job. Don't worry about it. Your competent enough. You got your degree, you'll be fine.

Does the housemate own the house or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

CZ 453 wrote: »
    So where are you now in your head? What's going on?

To me, it sounds like you just have to cut your losses with the ex girlfriends and keep your head down for the job. Don't worry about it. Your competent enough. You got your degree, you'll be fine.

Does the housemate own the house or something?

Basically i fell like crap about stuff and blame myself for everything. Like i try and get past it by thinking about other stuff.

I think thats what i need to do is just put my head down when i start my job i think it will help having something to do and i have targets to met witch i love to have it also bets sitting around playing video games for another few months.

No she was moved in there by the landlord and she's from the ivory coast and she starts at me over everything and she is stressing me out as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Haven't posted here in a while. Decided i needed a time out for a while, wondering if i was dragging myself down being here (paranoia getting to me there) so, well, i'm back.. I think this place helps more than any of the useful sites around online, i'm very cynical though.. Anyway, my world has been getting quieter and quieter and it's freaking me out a bit. People who moved away have finally stopped checking in, and i've tried from my side but called a halt after half a dozen messages.. Phew, that's a bit off my chest, less pressure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

Sometimes its ok to fall apart. One can't always be strong.
    The last few days I feel very obscure. Almost detached.

It's like my life is a puzzle that's been messed up and I've to try put all the pieces back together.
    Or maybe that puzzle wasn't quite right so it's time to change and correct it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

handbagmad wrote: »
    Sometimes its ok to fall apart. One can't always be strong.
    The last few days I feel very obscure. Almost detached.

It's like my life is a puzzle that's been messed up and I've to try put all the pieces back together.
    Or maybe that puzzle wasn't quite right so it's time to change and correct it.

I get that feeling too. Like I'm detached from my own life. I don't really understand my thoughts and feelings. Sometimes I don't even recognise who I am anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Had a bit of a weird one last night. Towards the end of the night I got really tired which is a bit unusual as I'm usually a bit of a night owl. I was feeling really lonely, my mood dipped a bit and felt a little "unsure" if that makes sense at all.

^^^
    Makes sense alright Hugo.
    The sudden drop in mood can be un-nerving . Hope you feel better soon.

My mood has significantly dropped the last few days.
    I've yet to get out of bed since yesterday.

^^^
    Makes sense alright Hugo.
    The sudden drop in mood can be un-nerving . Hope you feel better soon.

My mood has significantly dropped the last few days.
    I've yet to get out of bed since yesterday.

*hugs*

Hope you feel better so there H.

*hugs*

Hope you feel better so there H.

thanks, just want to sleep

**hugs** back

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Can I have some hugs?

*holds out arms expectantly*

• Advertisement

cookie24 wrote: »
    Can I have some hugs?

*holds out arms expectantly*

*huge hug*

You ok there Cookie?

Not doing too bad. Stayed in this weekend so pretty reclusive. Haven't watched love/hate before so watched that for the w/e.

Went to that recovery meeting Thurs night. It was kinda weird - we started by each reading a paragraph from a book, then people would share problems they had in the week, then people would comment supporting them. I didn't get involved too much.
    Next week I'm gonna try share a problem, and see how I react being the center of attention. Its kinda good in a way cos everyone has anxiety/depression. Safety in numbers kinda thing. And its only e3 per session, which is pretty awesome.

Apart from that, I'm doing alright (well thats a lie). Have about 2 weeks to get job or cant go into final year of exams. Dwelling on that gets me pretty down, but trying to stay positive.

And what about you Hugo? And everyone else?

Not doing too bad. Stayed in this weekend so pretty reclusive. Haven't watched love/hate before so watched that for the w/e.

Went to that recovery meeting Thurs night. It was kinda weird - we started by each reading a paragraph from a book, then people would share problems they had in the week, then people would comment supporting them. I didn't get involved too much.
    Next week I'm gonna try share a problem, and see how I react being the center of attention. Its kinda good in a way cos everyone has anxiety/depression. Safety in numbers kinda thing. And its only e3 per session, which is pretty awesome.

Apart from that, I'm doing alright (well thats a lie). Have about 2 weeks to get job or cant go into final year of exams. Dwelling on that gets me pretty down, but trying to stay positive.

And what about you Hugo? And everyone else?

Hello,
    Why can't you go into final year?

And what about you Hugo?

I dunno Cookie, still feel a bit "weird". I don't know how to describe it really. I'm not too low nor am I too anxious. I'm like dwelling on things like the future etc and sorta feel that things won't ever change. I'm bored so maybe that is causing this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi all. Still sliding away a bit here.. Because I have myself so compartmentalised I doubt anyone around me in real life can spot it..

Hello,
    Why can't you go into final year?

Just the way the exams are, they're professional exams and you're meant to work as a trainee while studying. I didn't work for 1st 2 years, and you need to be working to enter year 3.

Just the way the exams are, they're professional exams and you're meant to work as a trainee while studying. I didn't work for 1st 2 years, and you need to be working to enter year 3.

Sorry to hear that. Can you just get the work experience and then proceed?

I dunno Cookie, still feel a bit "weird". I don't know how to describe it really. I'm not too low nor am I too anxious. I'm like dwelling on things like the future etc and sorta feel that things won't ever change. I'm bored so maybe that is causing this.

I try as much as possible to not dwell on the future. It usually leads to a lower mood. Future imaginings are usually never good (for me at least).

One thing I learned at that meeting (people have probably heard it in one form or another)....anticipation is often worse than realisation

And what is it they say about boredom? idle hands are the devils playground.

I know its a bit late now on a Sunday night but you have stuff to keep you occupied during the week?

Hi all. Still sliding away a bit here.. Because I have myself so compartmentalised I doubt anyone around me in real life can spot it..

Apologies but I dont quite follow?

Sorry to hear that. Can you just get the work experience and then proceed?

If I get work in 2 weeks I can enroll this year. If I get the job in Dec I have to wait till next year to enroll in final year. It'll just put everything back by 1 year, and I've already wasted so much I just wanna get everything on track asap.

• Advertisement

Sorry I mean sliding into worse form..

If I get work in 2 weeks I can enroll this year. If I get the job in Dec I have to wait till next year to enroll in final year. It'll just put everything back by 1 year, and I've already wasted so much I just wanna get everything on track asap.

Best of luck with it :)

So sorry to hear that G. *hugs*
    I try as much as possible to not dwell on the future. It usually leads to a lower mood. Future imaginings are usually never good (for me at least).

One thing I learned at that meeting (people have probably heard it in one form or another)....anticipation is often worse than realisation

And what is it they say about boredom? idle hands are the devils playground.

I know its a bit late now on a Sunday night but you have stuff to keep you occupied during the week?

Well said there Cookie.

I have a few appointments etc during the week ahead, should keep me going ok. :)

Fingers crossed something comes your way there Cookie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

dalai-lama-quote.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

i am not having a good day. Feel so lonely and dejected. Why can't I be like other people. Be sociable and make friends easily. Instead I'm needy, intense and drive people away. I thought I was making progress but I just completely regressed to old patterns and feelings today. Feel like **** because I make myself look like a complete idiot and loser. I have done this repeatedly to the same person. I am driving them away. old habits die hard.

Im in some mess, I can't stop crying.

The crazy owls meeting is now in session. My brain is like a motor some nights. Revving away. I can't seem to find the accelerator to stop it.

Im in some mess, I can't stop crying.

What's up? Any reason for it?

What's up? Any reason for it?

everything and nothing. I don't know really tbh. In a dark spot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

everything and nothing. I don't know really tbh. In a dark spot

I was like that an hour ago. I have calmed down now and feel a bit better. I hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement