Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and/or depression discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

fiftythree wrote: »
    ok so honestly what celebrity have you all most been said you look like?
    ed byrne for me.
    (and i don't like it!)

proving CZ's earlier point, I've never gotten the same one twice so... If you have something like long hair people say ed byrne or jesus. Lot of projection going on, and I think when people look at other people they often do so with like a sensory blur where they only see a kind of distorted silhouette based on their own psyche.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

I need to stay up till 18:00 tomorrow....

I watched The Fall series 1 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭fiftythree

CZ 453 wrote: »
    :pac: That made me laugh. Thanks dude.

Are you watching The Fall on tv at all?

no seen 1st series is there a second?

thought you were the one i saw onn cctv trying to rob the aib,
    turns out it was in fact...pacman.
    get yourself an identifying tattoo ffs. just to reduce police overtime, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

no seen 1st series is there a second?

thought you were the one i saw onn cctv trying to rob the aib,
    turns out it was in fact...pacman.
    get yourself an identifying tattoo ffs. just to reduce police overtime, you know?

Ah good. The second season is starting on RTE soon.

proving CZ's earlier point, I've never gotten the same one twice so... If you have something like long hair people say ed byrne or jesus. Lot of projection going on, and I think when people look at other people they often do so with like a sensory blur where they only see a kind of distorted silhouette based on their own psyche.

yeah long hair now so i get ed byrne, then colin farrell or edward norton when i get a haircut.
    i look nothing like any of them...unfortunately,well fortunately for the byrne
    reference. i would rather look like a class 3 tomato than him.
    or a class A turnip. or a class 2 aubergine.
    or a tumour.
    or a pickled chili.
    or a rat.
    or a plastic bag. pre-tax.

• Advertisement

Ah good. The second season is starting on RTE soon.

great i didnt know that.
    i will certainly watch that.

hope you are alright call me jimmy
    just a bit concerned about you tonight.
    you seemed in dreadful form when you came on here.
    hopefully you're a bit better now.
    check back in soon.

@53

How is your mom doing?

oh yea like it just gets on top of me, the trying, with little to show for it. Feel like I need a wild one pretty soon. I'll probably try go back to bed soon but i was not as lonely as before

@53

How is your mom doing?

thanks a lot for remembering.
    she's not too bad, got moved to a more local community hosp today.
    talked to her on phone, she's pretty weak and will take a while to recover.
    hoping she will be home in 2-3 weeks but that is optimistic according to the docs. lets just see how she gets on but may never go home.
    was touch and go for a while but the fact that she got moved from the
    hospital suggests improvement. not critical now which it was a week or so ago.
    thanks for remembering.

• Advertisement

oh yea like it just gets on top of me, the trying, with little to show for it. Feel like I need a wild one pretty soon. I'll probably try go back to bed soon but i was not as lonely as before

thats good jimmy.
    seriously, if you are on them E's i would tread very very carefully.

glad you feel better, you're a good lad.

i am not so lonely now either, you and everyone else here
    tonight have done me more good than you will probably ever know.
    i love this place.

well without the e's i wouldnt have had ANY nights out in the past year or so. preciate the concern though, i know ye can end up in a bad way but i figure i'll be sitting at home anyway may as well be on a downer after a class night.

well without the e's i wouldnt have had ANY nights out in the past year or so. preciate the concern though, i know ye can end up in a bad way but i figure i'll be sitting at home anyway may as well be on a downer after a class night.

ok jimmy, totally up to you, like i said, just my personal opinion from experience. i wouldn't know about the science/chemistry of it.
    hope you are alright anyway and your night was class.
    you feeling ok now?are you coming down now?

oh no, no yokes on me tonight! I'd be out being a king somewhere if i did hah!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 noturdrudealer

Looked at the meet up thing, nothing really interesting on it for me.

oh no, no yokes on me tonight! I'd be out being a king somewhere if i did hah!

thats good i think.
    you ok though now?
    to be honest i can't much relate directly to the body/appearance
    issues but it sounds like just anxiety wrapped up in a different reason or symptom so maybe i can relate a bit. we all have our different woes.
    hope you are ok man.

ah no cheers, I went through a couple years of being suicidal and realised that it is really really really hard to get into a headspace to actually kill yourself, so there's no worry of me ever doing anything mad. Worst that happens with me is a sit here... agitated.

What would be yer main worry/fear then? Or just a general darkness of mood?

ah no cheers, I went through a couple years of being suicidal and realised that it is really really really hard to get into a headspace to actually kill yourself, so there's no worry of me ever doing anything mad. Worst that happens with me is a sit here... agitated.

right. big difference between thinking it and doing it.
    my fear would be loss of control. of myself. my mind.

i'm holding it together so far but i dread if i ever had
    to give up, just give up, and others would control my life.
    the darkness i can take, as long as it is my own darkness.

bit cryptic jimmy but maybe you understand?
    been at the edge a few times and would rather my
    life in my own hands than others.

spiders, sharks, violence, any regular fears.....
    ...i couldn't care less. would go head to head with a shark
    or a heavyweight champion in
    a fight underwater or overwater in the boxers case
    any day of the week rather than have
    my mind taken from me.

its what i am.

I think I get ye. I put to the back of my mind the idea of being in a nursing home when im older for example. Coz that would be bad. But then the brain develops as ye go, so my 27 year old brain wont be sitting in the nursing home, it' ll have changed a fair bit.

I think I get ye. I put to the back of my mind the idea of being in a nursing home when im older for example. Coz that would be bad. But then the brain develops as ye go, so my 27 year old brain wont be sitting in the nursing home, it' ll have changed a fair bit.

no way i will ever be in a nursing home jimmy.
    guaranteed. that will never happen. what is your biggest fear??

• Advertisement

being irrelevant i suppose, unnecessary, disconnected

wudja look at the time. boards is gone to sleep. good chattin u's

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭cookie24

Oh yea. As guys have you's ever had a time where ye thought 'maybe I'm not so attractive' or low confidence? If a guy has low confidence they're dead in the water I think. A girl can be shy and get away it

for me its low confidence combined with chronic blushing. Makes chatting up girls hard. Dunno why I blush but it has caused me no end of awkwardness in the past. Maybe thats the cause of my anxiety? Will/Wont I blush tonight? Cue anxiety.
    I've analysed that before. Its a contributing factor but more to the anxiety than just that.

ok so honestly what celebrity have you all most been said you look like?
    ed byrne for me.
    (and i don't like it!)

Jack Black by quite a few people. Hope that doesn't give away my ID :eek:

To continue my life as it is. No job, slowly loosing contact with friends. I suppose to end up irrelevant. I try to never think about that scenario though, leads to bad thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

I'm told I look like Chris O'Donnell currently in NCIS LA. Not sure I see it myself unless I suck in the Belly and extend my neck to pull in my Double Chin. Probably anyone with a Blade 1/2 haircut and 2 day stubble creating 'the look' of Chris O'D is told the look like him.

Rat basterds!

I've been dreaming like crazy recently. Yesterday's nap was being under machine gun fire in my childhood home. Contrast that with last night I was a speechwriter for obama tsss

Rat basterds!

I've been dreaming like crazy recently. Yesterday's nap was being under machine gun fire in my childhood home. Contrast that with last night I was a speechwriter for obama tsss

You might have a word with him about the Green Card situation for the Illegal Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Felt better yesterday and Friday. Still ok today, don't really feel panicked or like I'm gonna cry. But I can't shake the general anxiety.
    When I think about just carrying on with normal life, the regular day to day, it scares me

You might have a word with him about the Green Card situation for the Illegal Irish.

If we meet again in that dimension I'll be sure to bring it up CZ.

@loveisdivine
    If yer just sitting around and are suffering physical effects of anxiety, ye can work with the physical side through breathing exercises (not meditation, that can be tough for people to do). If you think of the anxiety through a biological perspective, chemicals etc. it can work to understand that you can control whats going physically.

Do a quick google on slow breathing exercises. there's also information about the nervous system and how it reacts to shallow breathing etc.
    It may seem like a chore, but in 5 minutes you could feel a lot more relaxed

you ok today jimmy?
    the weekend has flown by i have done nothing with it.
    potentially nice life out there i need to get out into it. it can be fun.

• Advertisement

you ok today jimmy?
    the weekend has flown by i have done nothing with it.
    potentially nice life out there i need to get out into it. it can be fun.

Woke up in relaxed state this morning/afternoon which is rare for me, usually the mornings im buzzing at a mad rate and it takes me guts of the day to slow it down to a hum.

How's you? You seem like yer on the cusp of peace a lot. Close to it, but not quite there yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement