Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Lovely thing. To continue what PaulK_CCI said, seems to be a W108 with a 2.8 single cam straight 6. So, basically an entry level S class. No 'E' so a carb and no 'L' meaning not LWB

Do report back on what the owner has to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭tc20

@ sligojoe - gorgeous car, and one of my all time favourite Mercedes.

Just curious; there used to be a gold W108 in Newcastle, Co Wicklow, which was laid up for a long time. I haven't seen it in the village for a number of years now. I can't remember if it was a left hooker, but I wonder if it's the same one. Looks better minded (the one in your pics)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'll probably get to see him at the weekend as I'm going to be late home for the next few days. He's generally in the pub Friday or Saturday evenings so I'll bend his ear on it then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

PaulK_CCI wrote: »
    Talking about Mercedes, these two cars were the absolute highlight on a recent classic car show which I helped organising here locally in Holland a couple of weeks ago. Although the silver one was almost concours, I preferred the absolutely genuinely authentic, unmolested, unrestored, original and 'rough around the edges' green 300SL

462160.jpg462159.jpg

They are just gorgeous cars, my favourite all time car. Mega bucks these days I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

You would want to be fit enough if you owned one, I'd imagine climbing in and out of one would require a bit of awkward manoeuvring!

• Advertisement

I'm not usually a fan of these, but I thought this looked very well today in Swords

44190829004_2bd7fcec41_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭w124man

sligojoek wrote: »
    Not sure where to put this yoke. Hope it's OK here,

That belongs to a mate of mine. He has one or two of those Unimogs. Runs a drilling company

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He's well able to park it. Compared to the efforts I've seen with yokes a quarter the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

sligojoek wrote: »
    Not sure where to put this yoke. Hope it's OK here,

462067.jpg

462068.jpg

462069.jpg

For sale.....
    https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/unimog-u308-140-agri-spec/19566749

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

No price. That doesn't help selling it.

Seller claims "no test required"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You would want to be fit enough if you owned one, I'd imagine climbing in and out of one would require a bit of awkward manoeuvring!

The steering wheel folds down, so you can get your knees under it easily. The procedure for entering (a LHD) is something like: right leg in > backside onto sill > left leg in > slide backside into seat > fold steering wheel up. I got to sit in one (with the owner's permission) at a classic show in Germany, and it's pretty spectacular...

Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-BW-Dash-SW-1280x960.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    No price. That doesn't help selling it.

Seller claims "no test required"???

They’re classed as an agricultural tractor, so don’t require a test.

€200 VRT too!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Two different classics in Blackrock yesterday.

ZCzs6qE.jpg

There's a small mechanic on the corner there.
    Have seen the Barchetta around the a bit. The Mustang I haven't.

I think that’s the Barchetta on done deal currently for €3500. They are so cool

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They’re classed as an agricultural tractor, so don’t require a test.

€200 VRT too!

Will now need test as capable of more than 40kph.
    Very limited number of test centres in the country at the moment, but at least the test lasts 2 years. (So far)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,058 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Will now need test as capable of more than 40kph.

+1

New EU directive requires agricultural tractors capable of speeds of over 40km/h to have a valid test. This came into force earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

ttuPlJW.jpg
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    WLmErru.jpg
    uoDvdNb.jpg
    EONVWAV.jpg
    31pOAce.jpg

Sorry Dades did not see you'd posted the Mustang before. A geniune 1963 1966 vehicle supplied by Vic Hubbard Speed and Marine

Even the interior looked dangerous, zero safety precautions apart from a waist seat belt.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vic-hubbard-speed-marine-head-hunters-hayward-cc.663363/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭RR3.5

Just for the record it's a 1966 imho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

woejus wrote: »
    Sorry Dades did not see you'd posted the Mustang before.

Even the interior looked dangerous,

You can see influences from the Mustang's dash were used in the Mk2 Cortina.

• Advertisement

RR3.5 wrote: »

Ah, then the reg isn't original, says 63 on it. Spoofers hanging around the car when I was there were giving opinions.

First Mustang built around mid 64

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

woejus wrote: »
    Even the interior looked dangerous, zero safety precautions apart from a waist seat belt.
    Seats without headrests always make me nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

RR3.5 wrote: »

Yes it's 1966.
    The '66 has the brick grill, the '65 has the honeycomb grille. The '66 also has the round speedometer while the 65 has the horizontal speedo.
    Of course you could retrofit either so who knows.

Dades wrote: »
    Seats without headrests always make me nervous!

Headrest and 3 point belts are easily fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

thought you might like these! have much bigger resolutions of these pic if anyone wants them

vMQNn2i.jpg

m93uZwh.jpg

ocfHXw0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

thought you might like these! have much bigger resolutions of these pic if anyone wants them

I spotted that and posted my pic to fb. The P5 is often there and sometimes a P6 instead. The P4 was a new one on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

ive seen the p4 there a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Pavilions Shopping Centre, Swords
    iuEyLr0h.jpg
    USvqtbwh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Ok its in my garden but 3 of mine. 850 T5R, 1990 Pajero and lurking in on the ramp is e30 325I sport currently being restored
    R54Elz.jpg

Advertisement