Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,333 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Well lads, saw this yoke in Canada, not sure if it qualifies as a classic, but either way if you could advise what it is let us know.

https://imgur.com/a/zAhRCrv

Nice one.
    It's a classic ok.
    1969 Pontiac GTO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Munich 2 weeks ago. Loads of classics around but didn't get a chance to take many photos.

IMG_1375_zpsrgy5q4k7.jpg

IMG_1376_zps7nwxwqif.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

/\ Ok, I've just realised that Lada Taiga is likely almost brand new!
    Thought it was just an old Niva in really good nick.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,878 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Lada Taiga from €11k in Germany. Incredible stuff. Proper brand new 4WD for peanuts

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

unkel wrote:
    Lada Taiga from €11k in Germany. Incredible stuff. Proper brand new 4WD for peanuts

Why are these not sold or manufactured for over here. Class looking machine.

• Advertisement

Farmers in Ireland can easily afford €100k Landcruisers. Why would they want a €10k Lada? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

unkel wrote: »
    Farmers in Ireland can easily afford €100k Landcruisers. Why would they want a €10k Lada? :p

Not many farmers buying passanger Landcruisers!
    But the comnercial ones are the benchmark for someone looking to tow three and a half tons.
    The real market segment for the Lada would be the Jimny and the Dacia market.

The question is, if I had 10k to spend, would I buy a new Lada or a s/h 'cruiser or a D-max?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Sligo town last week. I hadn't time for a proper look around.

464641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Nice. Doesn't look like an original colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Newry

(I took this photo with permission, too cold to get out of the car for a better angle though!)

45514823552_77d6728ef6_c.jpg

M50 before Ballymun

44651080535_c4f144ce81_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,959 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Nvin11Kh.jpg

jlMlXjWh.jpg

qdXJhI5h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

recent Dublin & north Wicklow sightings..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Absolutely immaculate .
    8qJ7M5mh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Well it's not that immaculate, some arsehole ruined his numberplate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Well it's not that immaculate, some arsehole ruined his numberplate.

They took ms paint out of windows 10, but luckily i had a tin of spraypaint in my backpack while he was stopped at the lights.

Why on earth did you bother to obscure the reg though? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

Why on earth did you bother to obscure the reg though? :)

GDPR?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

How does that break GDPR?
    If it is breaking GDPR regs, shouldnd the mods come along or boards in general have new guidelines posted to make us all GDPR compliant?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭w124man

Redrocket wrote: »
    How does that break GDPR?
    If it is breaking GDPR regs, shouldnd the mods come along or boards in general have new guidelines posted to make us all GDPR compliant?

Absolutely no idea how that would break GDPR! Just put it there for a giggle!

Nothing to do with GDPR. Any reg that is visible on the public road is fair game for posting online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Nothing to do with GDPR. Any reg that is visible on the public road is fair game for posting online!

Why would you insist on publishing it though? So that it can be looked up online or something?

I would have thought that it was a fair enough decision by the OP to block it out. I would do the same, as a sort of courtesy to the owners privacy.

Why would you insist on publishing it though? So that it can be looked up online or something?

I would have thought that it was a fair enough decision by the OP to block it out. I would do the same, as a sort of courtesy to the owners privacy.

It's a good pointer to the history of a car, which is of huge interest to classic enthusiasts.

But the car is driving on the public road. Far more people see the reg there than here on boards :p

If it was on private property, not visible from the public road, it would be a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭tc20

In Bray earlier today - when did you last see one of these?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Having had an '81 Datsun Cherry in the family, I dread to think what that car is like underneath!

Balbriggan

20181107-175455.jpg

Sandyford

20181107-175429.jpg

Navan

20181107-175356.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

tc20 wrote: »
    In Bray earlier today - when did you last see one of these?

Wow. That’s an amazing find

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Nice to see a Triumph Stag, in its natural environment. :pac:

(not that I care, I'd have one in a heartbeat)

Nice to see a Triumph Stag, in its natural environment. :pac:

(not that I care, I'd have one in a heartbeat)

Do you know what, a simple cure for that engine's problem was a bigger radiator.

• Advertisement

Wasn't the Stag very well engineered but just poorly put together? Think I saw that in a program a few years ago.

Advertisement