Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

  • 17-06-2014 2:55pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭ Diabhalta


    Ballyphehane, Cork.

    20140617_143936.jpg


«134567222

Comments

  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ roadsmart


    Ah come on, those Opel corsas won't be classics for a long time!:D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭ Diabhalta


    roadsmart wrote: »
    Ah come on, those Opel corsas won't be classics for a long time!:D

    it's 4 years old and in my eyes it's a classic car... :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭ ianobrien


    But what about the Corolla? The Irish love their Corollas!


    At least the Corsa driver has his indicator on!


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭ Blue850


    imagejpg2_zps78606416.jpg

    From the previous Spotted thread, the 3.0 badge on the right has been put there by the owner as the car has a 300D diesel engine fitted to it and modified so it can run on 100% veg oil:)

    Met the owner at Durrow some years ago.


  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭ unfit2006


    Why has this thread gone to "Part 2". Why was the old thread closed ?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 Kaiser D


    unfit2006 wrote: »
    Why has this thread gone to "Part 2". Why was the old thread closed ?

    Once a thread hits c.10k posts it has to be closed and a part 2 is opened. Dunno why, mind.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    Was wondering why I wasn't following this thread!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 TeaBagMania


    DSC00889_zpsfbce6894.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    Seen this little beauty today, original Irish? DS safari. Looks in good shape.


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭ hi5


    ^ Nice, I wonder has it got the second flip down number plate on the bumper,

    That reminds me I saw a Peugeot 505 diesel gold coloured in Kilkenny on Sunday still on its original red plate BZG 21, completely unrestored, it looked like it had been dragged out of a barn, hosed down and filled with diesel, it was actually the noise of the engine that got my attention, what a clatter:D


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 Kaiser D


    hi5 wrote: »
    ^ Nice, I wonder has it got the second flip down number plate on the bumper,

    That reminds me I saw a Peugeot 505 diesel gold coloured in Kilkenny on Sunday still on its original red plate BZG 21, completely unrestored, it looked like it had been dragged out of a barn, hosed down and filled with diesel, it was actually the noise of the engine that got my attention, what a clatter:D

    Great to hear its still going strong. Its only recently acquired its second owner.
    8419757055_9f7dd47ea1_z.jpg


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 Kaiser D


    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Seen this little beauty today, original Irish? DS safari. Looks in good shape.

    That must have been rare as an Irish car even when new!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    Kaiser D wrote: »
    That must have been rare as an Irish car even when new!

    I can't recall seeing them outside of a vintage show


  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭ 68deville


    The old man had a bronze 505 Gti many moons ago,was a smart looking car
    In its day


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭ w124man


    kev1.3s wrote: »
    I can't recall seeing them outside of a vintage show

    There was a light blue Safari that lived up near Terenure college when I were a lad. It was enormous in its day.

    That 505 still looks good but I've seen imports on the *ZG plates


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel


    Kaiser D wrote: »
    Once a thread hits c.10k posts it has to be closed and a part 2 is opened. Dunno why, mind.

    That's right. The reason is that threads over 10k posts can cause trouble for the boards database. Moderators of all forums on boards are supposed to close the thread and start a new one around the 10k mark.

    "Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 porsche959


    No pic but Bentley with an interesting plate in D2 area yesterday - 777 HRH.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭ Capri


    porsche959 wrote: »
    No pic but Bentley with an interesting plate in D2 area yesterday - 777 HRH.

    There's any amount of old Bentley/Roller's going around D2, 'old money' y'see , never affected by the recession :mad::mad:

    (And I'd say it's got a brown Irish logbook with the UK reg in it !)


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,525 ✭✭✭✭ carchaeologist


    porsche959 wrote: »
    No pic but Bentley with an interesting plate in D2 area yesterday - 777 HRH.

    Wonder did Liz own that..


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 mb1725


    porsche959 wrote: »
    No pic but Bentley with an interesting plate in D2 area yesterday - 777 HRH.

    Must be transferred recently, DVLA thinks it's a Merc:
    311737.jpg


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    I didn't take many pics today in mondello but taught this rusty beetle deserved a mention.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭ w124man


    Saw that DS Safari in Gorey yesterday HIC reg


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    w124man wrote: »
    Saw that DS Safari in Gorey yesterday HIC reg

    Pretty nice ant it?


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭ w124man


    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Pretty nice ant it?

    Yes in a weird sort of way. My son was with me and he got quite exited when we saw it as he had never seen one in the flesh before.

    Is it yours?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 mb1725


    kev1.3s wrote: »
    I didn't take many pics today in mondello but taught this rusty beetle deserved a mention.

    311811.jpg

    The moss is a nice touch !!


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭ kev1.3s


    w124man wrote: »
    Yes in a weird sort of way. My son was with me and he got quite exited when we saw it as he had never seen one in the flesh before.

    Is it yours?

    No not mine, it lives a few miles away from me. Coincidently not too far away from the DS I spotted behind a house and posted in the abandoned thread, wonder if there connected?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭ hoodie6029


    a86dd554-1a2c-404f-83e1-f4e5ee653de1_zps287c793e.jpg
    WP_20140621_0081_zpse3e2d40d.jpgWP_20140621_0071_zpsa41bb143.jpg
    WP_20140621_0051_zps78d743e6.jpgWP_20140621_0031_zps53263f24.jpg

    And for the farmers among us...
    WP_20140621_0061_zps38ea8923.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭ Diabhalta


    Mahon Point Retail Park, Cork

    20140624_155535.jpg

    20140624_155604.jpg


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭ Capri


    Range Rovers and Merc SL's


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 Kaiser D


    Have seen that ZK RR around a few times myself.


Advertisement