Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

The camper is to give Duke some wood - it's on a UK "L" reg, so that's around 72/73, bit of a blurry pic, I think the badge is a Vauxhall, or maybe it could be a Bedford??
    Bedford CF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

tc20 wrote: »
    recent sightings around north Wicklow.

The Kadett has a roll cage fitted, looked immaculate.
    I've seen the Bentley out and about all over Wicklow.
    The camper is to give Duke some wood ;) - it's on a UK "L" reg, so that's around 72/73, bit of a blurry pic, I think the badge is a Vauxhall, or maybe it could be a Bedford??

The Kadett Coupe is owned by Hills garage Bray - associated with Hills of Arklow, former main Opel dealers. It featured in IVS Retro Classic magazine this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭tc20

Silvera wrote: »
    The Kadett Coupe is owned by Hills garage Bray - associated with Hills of Arklow, former main Opel dealers. It featured in IVS Retro Classic magazine this year.

thanks - Hills in Arklow did occasionally have older models in the showroom, long after they ceased operating. Sometimes it looked like the car was almost forgotten about, as there was no other signs of life.
    The garage in Kilcoole, which I'm fairly sure were also Hills, also have a very well kept Kadett saloon of the same vintage in the window. The showroom has been run by a small trader for the last number of years (Ryans, Ryan Motors??)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Not in Roma!!
    20180513_170253.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Spotted on holiday a few weeks ago
    20180707_210515.jpg

• Advertisement

Greystones & Bray today.
    Lovely little original Irish Fiat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Greystones & Bray today.
    Lovely little original Irish Fiat

Excellent shots with that Fiat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

thanks - Hills in Arklow did occasionally have older models in the showroom, long after they ceased operating. Sometimes it looked like the car was almost forgotten about, as there was no other signs of life.
    The garage in Kilcoole, which I'm fairly sure were also Hills, also have a very well kept Kadett saloon of the same vintage in the window. The showroom has been run by a small trader for the last number of years (Ryans, Ryan Motors??)

Small country!
    Saw the same kadett a couple months and when I getting petrol in kilcoole, in the glass showroom bit stunning little car in a time warp tiny Ye olde motor trade shoppe

davycc wrote: »
    Small country!
    Saw the same kadett a couple months and when I getting petrol in kilcoole, in the glass showroom bit stunning little car in a time warp tiny Ye olde motor trade shoppe

There's also a Manta hatch in the compound across the road from the petrol station - this yard did belong to the garage way back when. It hasn't moved for a long time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭MrCostington

Clontarf, Dublin this morning. Seen it any time I pass by, thought to take a pic this time!

Lancia Fulvia - sorry pics too close or too far.

IMG_20180914_103136.jpg

IMG_20180914_100044.jpg

IMG_20180914_100037.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

<3 Fulvias!

I hope the owner gives it a runout often.

Dades wrote: »
    <3 Fulvias!

I hope the owner gives it a runout often.

That’s near me. I see it most days

It certainly gets regular use

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Seen the fulvia in Howth yaught club car park a couple times this summer, little beauty ! Lucky owner for sure

Good to hear it gets used, and good to see it survives parked outside too.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Three recent spots.
    Lamborghini Miura-Ballsbridge (Bad Quality Night Shot)
    Beetle- Leixlip
    VW Camper - Crete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Is the Lambo an Australian import? ;)

Newspower's Miura on the ground now:)

20180902_000445.jpg

The rear window looks unlike any I've seen before, it is what oleres says? And the headlamps. Are we sure it's a Miura?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

Not fully sure about Lamborghini as was a bit dark and I didnt get close look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That looks 70s, after the Miura. Only Lambo that looks like that is the Urraco I think. It's a Maserati Merak for me. Thought it might be a Khamsin but fairly sure it's a Merak. There are one or two doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

It's a merak with the open butresses.
    Actually it's a bora, with the glass rear panell

• Advertisement

Lucan, Howth, Coolock today

43980021234_1a24992f62_c.jpg

43980020954_3c2cfee1a4_c.jpg

43980020784_36244d2679_c.jpg

43980020694_a10213f351_c.jpg

43980020384_cb3a27b090_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭911s

That you in silver bmw? thought you were taking pic of nice girl at pedestrian crossing!!

911s wrote: »
    That you in silver bmw? thought you were taking pic of nice girl at pedestrian crossing!!

Hah, it was indeed. I told my passenger to wait a second until we had gone through the lights :p

Beautiful car by the way, presume its yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Was that rag top Volvo featured here a year or so ago, sitting outside a car dismantlers yard?

Well remembered

Its probably the same car. Can't be too many 262c Bertone coupes around these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭IrishPlayer

Arklow
    saIzP2Uh.jpg
    nZNZHz5h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Had this beauty driving behind me in Athlone today. ZV plate left hooker. Can anyone identify it from poor quality photos?

4yD80Fsh.jpg

OLGBOgZh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Dodgy lookin fucker driving it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spotted this on Friday. Totally forgot about it until now.

461456.jpg

From the side;

461457.jpg

With flash;

461458.jpg

Advertisement