Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How is everyone's preorder cash? I bought Digital on Irish PSN store. I got my 500k for single player once, in game, I went to XMB and to my Library, went to GTA V and saw the add on preorder cash. I downloaded it and went back to the game and Franklin was given 500k. Nothing for online though. Tried reloading the game, went online, then to SP and a message came up saying 'preorder cash now given to single player and online'. Went back to online but no cash. Anyone actually get there Online preorder cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I got my 500k straight away for digital Xbox version.

Toasted rasher sandwich, tea and GTA for lunchtime. Life is good! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    How is everyone's preorder cash? I bought Digital on Irish PSN store. I got my 500k for single player once, in game, I went to XMB and to my Library, went to GTA V and saw the add on preorder cash. I downloaded it and went back to the game and Franklin was given 500k. Nothing for online though. Tried reloading the game, went online, then to SP and a message came up saying 'preorder cash now given to single player and online'. Went back to online but no cash. Anyone actually get there Online preorder cash?

Check this:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204230473-How-to-Claim-GTA-Bonus-on-PS4-Digital-Pre-Order
    These bonuses can be claimed from the in-game PlayStation®Store tab via the Pause Menu. To claim both bonuses, visit the PSN Store in both Story Mode and in GTA Online.

To claim the GTA$ in GTAV Story Mode, enter GTAV, select the PlayStation®Store tab via the Pause Menu and download the bonus pack.

To claim the GTA$ in GTA Online (along with a bonus for pre-ordering on the PlayStation®Store), enter GTA Online, select the PlayStation®Store tab via the Pause Menu and download the bonus pack.

Note: You must visit the PlayStation®Store once in Story Mode, and once in GTA Online, to receive both bonuses.

Yeah I went to the in-game store in Online and it only brought up the cash cards, nothing free. Balls, will have to try again.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    The whole game plays at a slightly slower pace than the last gen version, right?
    Especially noticable in 3rd person mode.
    Someone please tell me, I'm not the only one who thinks this? :pac:

Why exactly? The campaign is identical is it not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My game was just installing off the disc gets to 99% and I gets the (ce-34878-0) error, so I reports it goes back into it an the update started downloading again? The same one wtf?

GavRedKing wrote: »
    You're going to have to pick this up on PS4 too mate.

No excuses :pac:

rmx-must-resist_o_2217335.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

just did the prologue. wow the first person view is amazing. the initial driving section with lamar just felt so smooth. hiding from the cops in a carpark and using the stick to turn my head to look out the back window to see them drive by. really emphasises the tension. I hadnt planned on playing the full single player game again, but dammit rockstar, you magnificent ba$tards have made it essential!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Still no movement on the Royal Mails side and nothign in Parcel Motel, I'm resigned to not getting this until Thursday at the earliest. :o

Royal Mail delivered my copy to PM in Belfast at 5am this morning, hoping to have it late tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Did it take this long to install on the previous gen? Seems like it is taking a hell of a lot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Still no movement on the Royal Mails side and nothign in Parcel Motel, I'm resigned to not getting this until Thursday at the earliest. :o

I'm in the same boat, Royal Mail have had it since Saturday I believe and hasn't moved since. I even went with 1 Business day delivery (as it was free), so might have an auld complain at Amazon if it's not at PM tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Royal Mail delivered my copy to PM in Belfast at 5am this morning, hoping to have it late tonight.
    Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I enjoyed flipping Lamar off in 1st person.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I bought the digital version of this for XB1 and its been downloading since 6 yesterday evening and is still only on 38% , **** it anyway , should have just bought it on disc :(

About missing preorder cash, a guy on the gtafourms posted this reply he got.
    "Hello Av4l0n-1990,
    We seem to be getting a lot of emails regarding the same issue. Currently we do not have a solution to this problem. The best thing that I can tell you is please keep checking the online store through your Playstation. Also stay tuned to the Rockstar Newswire. On the Newswire they will update you regarding this specific issue.
    Best regards,
    Will F.
    Rockstar Support"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I enjoyed flipping Lamar off in 1st person.

How do you do that again? I haven't played in ages.

Benzino wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, Royal Mail have had it since Saturday I believe and hasn't moved since. I even went with 1 Business day delivery (as it was free), so might have an auld complain at Amazon if it's not at PM tonight :D

3 men in a boat it seems :p I might join you in complaining, this is getting incredibly frustrating! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Why exactly? The campaign is identical is it not.

I mean the overall speed of the game appeared to be slightly slower to me when I was playing in the campaign last night.

It's hard to describe really, but it wasn't frame rate problems, just seemed the pacing of the game was about 80-90% of the last gen versions :)

Argos across the road from me has a load in stock, I'm very tempted to go grab one and send Amazons back to them for a refund. I could say it was a birthday present and I had to go get it elsewhere as it didn't arrive on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Is anybody else's on the PS4 not downloading the update for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Is anybody else's on the PS4 not downloading the update for them?

was just coming in to post this. tried deleting the update file and restarting the playstation but not working either. also tried restore licenses but fails at the end. I can still play the game. so don't know what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

was just coming in to post this. tried deleting the update file and restarting the playstation but not working either. also tried restore licenses but fails at the end. I can still play the game. so don't know what the problem is.

What I done was press retry then pause the download straight away wait a few seconds and play it again, it downloaded for me then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I mean the overall speed of the game appeared to be slightly slower to me when I was playing in the campaign last night.

It's hard to describe really, but it wasn't frame rate problems, just seemed the pacing of the game was about 80-90% of the last gen versions :)
    Did you up the look sensitivity and aiming sensitivity?

I started the prologue and thought I don't remember it this slow, then I realised in the 360 version I had modified the controls. I upped them and then the game felt much faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ba*tard :o Mines still in London.
    Benzino wrote: »

Yup, same issue as me and I also went for 1 business day delivery, hoping it would be in Belfast by Monday and in my hands for sometime Tuesday, I'm going have a moan at Amazon anyway.
    mutley18 wrote: »
    3 men in a boat it seems :p I might join you in complaining, this is getting incredibly frustrating! :mad:

Its very frustrating, I know I dont have much time at the moment to play it but I want to have it so I can just pick up and go, hopefully for Thursday or Friday. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    rmx-must-resist_o_2217335.jpg

trade in your XBox 1 version for a proper PS4 copy :pac:

You know ya want to. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ba*tard :o Mines still in London.

Yup, same issue as me and I also went for 1 business day delivery, hoping it would be in Belfast by Monday and in my hands for sometime Tuesday, I'm going have a moan at Amazon anyway.

Yeah, not happy with Amazon myself, they should have shipped these Friday evening instead of Saturday evening like mine was. They were good at sending stuff before release date to be on time but not lately. They were late with Halo too, emailed me saying the stock arrived in late.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

You know ya want to. :cool:
    no point... the ps4 controller analogue sticks wouldnt even last through 4 of the missions in the campaign...

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Is it running better on the PS4 than XB1 ?

Wouldn't be nice having a repeat of Assasins Creed PS4 issues again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did you up the look sensitivity and aiming sensitivity?

I started the prologue and thought I don't remember it this slow, then I realised in the 360 version I had modified the controls. I upped them and then the game felt much faster.

I played both the 360 and ps3 versions on pretty much the default settings, but changed camera height to "High" when in cars in both versions, that's the only change I can remember doing!

I was playing GTA on the ps3 until 5 to 12 last night and played the ps4 version as soon as it unlocked at 12.
    It's definitely slower, I might try messing with the settings, like you did and see if it changes anything :)

Now, I'm not saying the slower thing is necessarily a bad thing. Just that it was something I noticed instantly :D

Advertisement