Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA V Next Gen - No Spoilers!!

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's a pain in the hole, right?
    But once you start, you just have to finish :D

I managed to beach the basterding thing about half way through.. So had to go get a second sub and drive the whole way around a 2nd time, I then proceeded to beach it again, got mad, ran onto the beach, stole someones bike, cycled it into the sub and after about an hour managed to force it back into water when the tide came in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I managed to beach the basterding thing about half way through.. So had to go get a second sub and drive the whole way around a 2nd time, I then proceeded to beach it again, got mad, ran onto the beach, stole someones bike, cycled it into the sub and after about an hour managed to force it back into water when the tide came in :pac:

Now that is persistence haha :D

By hour, I hope you mean in game hour, not real life hour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I remember actually landing a chopper under the bridge to get that damn part :D

I was so happy I made it, I took a pic and all :pac:

0_0.jpg

Mmmmmm not sure you can say landed but nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

cadete wrote: »
    Mmmmmm not sure you can say landed but nice!!

That is a 100% perfect landing, excuse yourself! :D

To tell the truth, I was afraid to get back in it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Picked this up for one last week. Herself has really taken to it and I only have to play the difficult bits for her. Didn't think I'd have much interest in it 2nd time around but the story is actually just as good a second time. Some of the missions are just great like the one of the 1st time you are introduced to changing characters with all 3 guys with Franklin on the roof with the rifle and mike abseiling down through the window.

I think when it was originally released this was the kind of thing folks wanted from the forever delayed heists, if they could nail that element of single player in multiplayer co-op it would be outstanding.

Also the potential this has for modding on PC if that is even possible when it gets released could be incredible ........ I'd put money on a GTA DayZ one appearing if it's possible :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

calex71 wrote: »
    I'd put money on a GTA DayZ one appearing if it's possible :D
    That would be incredible, I've never actually played ARMA DayZ but I have played ARMA and know how complicated it can be, I just never got around to trying DayZ but have watched plenty of videos. There doesn't even seem to be many zombies in DayZ. GTA would suit a zombie mod so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ScumLord wrote: »
    That would be incredible, I've never actually played ARMA DayZ but I have played ARMA and know how complicated it can be, I just never got around to trying DayZ but have watched plenty of videos. There doesn't even seem to be many zombies in DayZ. GTA would suit a zombie mod so much better.

There's even zombie contact lenses in gta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

The online is ruined for me by the insane loading times. Is it just me or are 2 to 3 minute waits the norm for the world to load?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

In fairness, I don't mind the 2 or 3 minutes if I get a good shot for an hour. It's the load times between missions or races or otherwise that annoy me most, or the random disconnections. I'd imagine it's a bit different from Battlefield or the like too since the area is so much bigger and has a lot more going on. If the stability improved I wouldn't mind waiting a few minutes, but if it's unstable as has been recently you're better off just walking away.

Advertisement